Semi-Live Getaway: Feb 26 - Mar 10, 2023 NY - So. Caribbean ... 12 nights

PistolPete13

@PistolPete13  St. Kitts cancelled due to unforeseen ??? reasons (again) hmmm - St. Maarten is a fine port to see instead. This move adds to the unconfirmed rumor/folk story that our taxi driver/guide in Dominica told or explained that NCL simply did not want to launch their small tender boats on the ship to take passengers ashore & back - it is unfortunate if this is the reason, but we will never know for sure - not from the ship captain and/or the senior officers.

Go with the flow seems to be best motto these days when cruising ... Amber Cove, as you followed previously when we're there - is pretty nice, should you wish to do any duty-free shopping (prices are as good as St. Thomas, if not lower)   The pool within the Cove, as others said, is very nice and right around the entrance back to the ship & duty-free shop, is an area marked clearly as having free (unsecured, of course) WiFi, saw good # of off-duty crew there chatting away & online. That should be good for your posts later.  

Boarding generally starts around 11 am, and once you connect to ship's WiFi (airplane mode & cellular OFF) - you can quickly check Specialty Restaurant & book your preferred time & date.  Have a wonderful time !  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

St. Kitts cancelled due to unforeseen ??? reasons (again) hmmm - St. Maarten is a fine port to see instead.

Absolutely! St. Maarten is one of my favotite ports to go to in Caribbean. Actually IMHO much nicer than St. Kitts. @PistolPete13 consider this a bit of a blessing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

Hey Pete, I'm sure you'll have official news soon....I'm not holding my breath though. Here's the most updated change to Getaway's schedule as of February 23rd. Maybe there is still hope for St. Kitts?

If I see any updated letters, I'll let you know.

image.png.c6261a6cffb0dde2f638288974cc7dfa.png

I like your clandestine operation. 

• Haha 1

Actually going to St Martin and St Kitts. I rushed to change my Palm Court Garden reservation to another day plus read up on trip advisor as I haven’t been to St Martin in a while. I

i went to book America Cup on their website maunjng the cruise company may have them. Will be going to Shoreex immediately upon boarding to get that excursion if available

• Like 1

I thought it was very nice of you to invite anyone else on this cruise to chime in with their experiences.  I thought it was very rude for one reader to chastise someone else who was not the OP for giving info without the OP's permission.  They were very insulted and did not post again. 

Anyway, following and looking forward to more of your review.

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

Perhaps, evils at NCL keep switching around these ports of calls and arrival time on multiple sailings lately, just to toss monkey wrenches against folks using private or independent shore excursions - making it more "likely" that NCL newbie passengers will stick with booking "their" ship-based tours instead.  It's a pain when you are onboard at sea and do not have good WiFi and/or cellular services (at all) to try to cancel, change, rebook and look up options for another island on short notice.

Hence, best to just go with the flow.  There are plenty of taxi/tours available at every island stops, competitively priced and easily booked on the spot - and, the mightly U.S. Dollars speak loudly.  

@EllieinNJ - Ellie, I concur with your comment about being "inclusive" with other CC'ers wishing to post or add to the post - common sense that as long as it is friendly, helpful and informative, practical and not "challenging" - I welcome that myself while doing the Semi-Live and didn't mind at all.  There's so much going onboard the mega ships that it's nearly impossible to cover events bow to stern.  

The MDR is always our prime choice for embarkation lunch and the last stop on the morning of disembarkation, for a full sit-down breakfast.  O'Sheehan's can be mad crazy.  

Pete - enjoy lunch, don't rush as got a feeling that staterooms won't be ready for a little while longer.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Sitting out on deck 8 in front of the cavern club waiting for the rooms to be ready. It’s 1:20PM.  

I wonder if I can hear PA announcements outside?  It’s a bit chilly. 

The ship feels very full. The sun is breaking out a bit.  Hope to get some good light for photos for sail away.  Scheduled for 3PM right now. 

Can I have one rant about people sitting on stairs blocking the entire staircase?  Not everyone wants to wait for an elevator!

• Like 8