Rotterdam Cruise Port

love2crews.

Any info on the Rotterdam Cruise port?

We will be embarking from Rotterdam on a Celebrity cruise and I'm struggling to find info on the Celebrity terminal at the port.

I know several sailings have changed ports from Amsterdam to Rotterdam, so hoping those can chime in who have experienced this port.

4 hours ago, love2crews. said:

the Celebrity terminal

There is no 'Celebrity terminal', there is one Cruise Terminal Rotterdam, which is used by all cruise lines.  It is located at Wilhelminakade 699, Rotterdam.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, yogini06 said:

Looking for transportation to Rotterdam cruise port from Amsterdam

Train or https://www.staxi.nl/en/

Train is inexpensive but you need to be able to handle your own luggage.  There is nowhere to store luggage except by standing at the carriage doors.

We used Staxi last September from Amsterdam Schiphol to Rotterdam and also at the end of the cruise from Rotterdam to AMS.  Good service, punctual, clean cars.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear there is only one ship at a time-that should make it more manageable for us.

We already have hotel and transport set-up.  🙂  I just like to have an idea of what to expect upon our arrival.

Thank you everyone.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 4:22 AM, FreestyleNovice said:

Are you looking for things to do for embarkation, hotel stays, transportation, parking, etc?

Yes, we will arrive with our luggage at 1PM and will check in to the ship.  Wondering if there are things to do/see close to the ship - something fun to do for the afternoon before the ship leaves.

18 hours ago, tinaincc said:

Yes, we will arrive with our luggage at 1PM and will check in to the ship.  Wondering if there are things to do/see close to the ship - something fun to do for the afternoon before the ship leaves.

Next to the cruise terminal in Rotterdam is Hotel New York, which once was the headoffice of HAL. The restaurants is worth a visit. A bit more farther away is the former ss Rotterdam, now a hotel with restaurant. Also worth a visit. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I found myself a little confused by this website (https://en.rotterdam.info/locations/cruise-terminal-rotterdam-en/) which presents the Cruise Terminal as an event venue.  Same address as appears on other websites for the Cruise Terminal, 699 Wilhelminakade, but of course no way of knowing how long it has been since a website was updated.

Leads me to wonder if this is a former cruise terminal that has been recycled into something else, or if it is still the terminal but now also a dual-use building.  If the latter, hard for me to imagine the bustle and confusion of an embarkation coexisting somehow with a business meeting or convention.

Other web sites talk about the old Holland-Amerika HQ, now the Hotel New York, as being "across the street" from the cruise terminal, and there is indeed a Port of Rotterdam building right across the street from the hotel.

Can anyone unconfuse me?

39 minutes ago, rsquare said:

I found myself a little confused by this website (https://en.rotterdam.info/locations/cruise-terminal-rotterdam-en/) which presents the Cruise Terminal as an event venue.  Same address as appears on other websites for the Cruise Terminal, 699 Wilhelminakade, but of course no way of knowing how long it has been since a website was updated.

Leads me to wonder if this is a former cruise terminal that has been recycled into something else, or if it is still the terminal but now also a dual-use building.  If the latter, hard for me to imagine the bustle and confusion of an embarkation coexisting somehow with a business meeting or convention.

The header photo on that website page seems to show the current cruise terminal. If that's right, then I imagine that any such "coexisting" would only occur if the venue was accidentally double-booked.

That is the cruise terminal ok.  It is also used as an exhibition hall etc.  It is just a short walk down the street from Hotel New York, which is indeed the old Holland America HQ.

No point in having a building idle for many days during the winter when there are no cruises.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2023 at 2:35 PM, tinaincc said:

Does anyone know how early we can leave our luggage with the porter at the Rotterdam port?

On 4/25/2023 at 7:17 PM, rsquare said:

Other web sites talk about the old Holland-Amerika HQ, now the Hotel New York, as being "across the street" from the cruise terminal, and there is indeed a Port of Rotterdam building right across the street from the hotel.

Can anyone unconfuse me?

Extra info: https://www.cruiseportrotterdam.nl/     Is iMO an address to search for extra information about the Cruise terminal in Rotterdam.   Choose for "Home" and your preferred language. 

Edited by MAVIP
extra info