Where to find the ship's port arrival and departure times on MVJ?

DGHOC

We are on a Scenic Scandinavia cruise in June and am just scooting through the excursion lists to be ready to make reservations next month. I can't find the ship arrival and departures times on MJV. I know I've been able to view them previously and thought they were on the daily calendar but they aren't there. Is it just too early for that info to be published yet or is it tucked away somewhere and I'm missing it?

Many thanks.

UPDATE!! I've found it folks, it's on the Guest Invoice!

Edited by DGHOC
  • Like 4

Why does Viking not list on MyVikingJourney.com (MVJ)

- Port arrival and departure times

- Which ports are tender ports

Especially important to be aware of.  Just had my first cruise with tender ports.  Tendering seemed to subtract so much time from the already short amount of time-in-port.

Not having that logistic info on MyVikingJourney wastes time and creates an unnecessary friction point in simple day to day planning. 

Would anyone happen to know the name of the Director of IT for Viking? 

I think I remember the viking complaint email (but don't want to write it incorrectly because I'll lose ability to edit this post.)  I want to ask Viking to fix this but want to focus the email on the person who can correct the problem. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SempreMare said:

Why does Viking not list on MyVikingJourney.com (MVJ)

- Port arrival and departure times

- Which ports are tender ports

Especially important to be aware of.  Just had my first cruise with tender ports.  Tendering seemed to subtract so much time from the already short amount of time-in-port.

Not having that logistic info on MyVikingJourney wastes time and creates an unnecessary friction point in simple day to day planning. 

Would anyone happen to know the name of the Director of IT for Viking? 

I think I remember the viking complaint email (but don't want to write it incorrectly because I'll lose ability to edit this post.)  I want to ask Viking to fix this but want to focus the email on the person who can correct the problem. 

It’s tellus@vikingcruises.com. And executive contacts are here:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/viking-cruises/

8 minutes ago, OneSixtyToOne said:

The Calendar day-by-day section of MVJ shows arrival and departure times:

image.thumb.png.fbb0095eaa9caca426f76830942291ab.png

I believe that only happens once you have excursions booked. Right now, MVJ does not show the arrival / departure times on the day-by-day for me (ShoreEx not open yet).

Good that it at least does this, but I agree that it would be much more helpful when considering and booking ShoreEx. 🍺🥌

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, CurlerRob said:

I believe that only happens once you have excursions booked. Right now, MVJ does not show the arrival / departure times on the day-by-day for me (ShoreEx not open yet).

Good that it at least does this, but I agree that it would be much more helpful when considering and booking ShoreEx. 🍺🥌

Exactly - When booking excursions I kept having to flip back and forth between screens, after remembering where to find my latest and greatest statement PDF to see the port times.  (And remembering - Did I already save the latest statement locally?  Should I look in email?  Which email*?  Etc)

I wish MyVikingJourney would show an "Anchor" picture with the words "Tender Port" at the top of the calendar page for a tender port.

-----

Re: Which email?

* for some reason, my personal gmail that I use for everything filters OUT Viking's emails with PDFs attached. I get a million other emails but not that one.  

I am sure that there must be other lines who do not post expected port times in advance on their website.  That said, in the lines that I generally peruse for itineraries, Viking stands out as the only one who gives no planned port times. I am just not sure why that continues to be so. I know that this has been a frustration brought up before. It just seem like it would be an automatic for those looking at itineraries before booking. Not just when comparing different lines, but when deciding if that is the amount of time one would like to have to independently explore in addition to a ship excursion,  or without one as a DIY or independent. Makes it difficult IMHO. 
that said, my recollection is that Viking generally provides a good/decent amount of time in ports depending on itinerary. 

• Like 1