50%/20% off on Alaska Cruise

Trappedontheboat

2 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Thanks.  That would explain why I didn't get one.  The double whammy is that with this promo going, it is unlikely that the cabin prices will drop anytime soon.  I often leverage that for room upgrades.

Feel the same way.   I was waiting it out also based on your past experiences.

50 minutes ago, scooter6139 said:

Already emailed our PCL and this is what he replied "Yes, these coupons are only for 2023 sailings and guests that do not already have an Alaska sailing booked."

Makes sense.  I asked at the CN desk and they just said it's somewhat random, they are trying to bump up the Alaska market.

There are a few great Alaska deals out there, depending on the cruise/cabin.  I'm booked on one of the Seward to Vancouver cruises (Jewel) and my OV with picture window (onboard upgrade) is down to $549 fare as a solo. Was 3x that amount when I originally booked. And you get 4x points. Solo discount only good on inside/ov - so I'll use points to upgrade to balcony.

Since this only for new bookings you may be able to cancel and rebook,  however you  may have to change dates by a week or so.  Providing you are still outside final payment.  I dont know if a pcc would be able to tell you that. I guess it would be worth a try.  

Weird….the Alaska coupons were in my account yesterday, but now they’re gone.  Called my TA.  She said it’s an NCL “thing” and nothing she could do.  Called NCL customer service and said perhaps I had two accounts (I don’t).  They also said they had been seeing lots of glitches with this promo.  They said to check back in a couple of days to see if they show up again.  Sounds like if they don’t show up again, I’m SOL.

I was going to book.   C’est la Vie1

On 2/24/2023 at 8:32 AM, atlanta1234 said:

I rec’d this email and coupon too on my Latitude account. We just hit Platinum so I thought it was some sort of a reward.  

has anyone redeemed these “exclusive” coupons before, and have they really saved the % the coupon shows, or is it just a bait and switch since the current discounts already have 50% off. Just curious if it’s worth it to get the travel agent to track it down, since the coupons will need to be applied at the very end of the booking.  Any help is appreciated. 

This coupon is legit, and it offers a GREAT saving. I saved about $1,300 on a balcony cabin on the Jewel. And also got to apply a CruiseFirst 500 certificate (so saved 250 there), and because my TA is offering free prepaid gratuities this week (saving 280), we are out the door smiling 😀😀😀. Good luck to all the other cruise bargain shoppers out there. 

• Like 2

Still no AK coupons and I suspect it's because I already have both a Bliss and Sun sailing booked this year.  Perhaps NCL has outsmarted us?  Rather than dropping prices to fill the ships (which results in us stampeding for FCC) they hold the prices steady and send great coupon offers to cruisers who haven't yet booked AK?  Drats!!

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Still no AK coupons and I suspect it's because I already have both a Bliss and Sun sailing booked this year.  Perhaps NCL has outsmarted us?  Rather than dropping prices to fill the ships (which results in us stampeding for FCC) they hold the prices steady and send great coupon offers to cruisers who haven't yet booked AK?  Drats!!

It definitely got my attention! We haven't hit that book button yet, but it's oh so tempting. Sorry for you though:-(

Probably a better business move for NCL, however I'm surprised Alaska bookings are so low. What does that portend for the future of cruising? I guess we'll see in three to five years, eh?

2 minutes ago, cruiseny4life said:

It definitely got my attention! We haven't hit that book button yet, but it's oh so tempting. Sorry for you though:-(

Probably a better business move for NCL, however I'm surprised Alaska bookings are so low. What does that portend for the future of cruising? I guess we'll see in three to five years, eh?

I am so jealous...what do I have to do to get one those coupons...threaten never to cruise NCL ever again? I'll do it...

• Haha 1

On 2/24/2023 at 11:04 AM, cruisingrandy said:

I just tried a mock booking and didnt see the 2nd 50% discount anywhere.  I have the coupons in my account though

talked to my PCC and she said was legit and the extra discount would come off when she put it in

On 2/24/2023 at 2:52 PM, ChiefMateJRK said:

I've checked three accounts (myself, DW and DD).  Nadda.  What do we have in common?  Similar recent cruise history.  Similar future bookings.  Live in the same place.  We all have a lot of future bookings, including three (DW and I) and one (DD) to AK this year.  All we have is that crappy April 16 Escape coupon that is largely worthless due to the already dirt cheap price of the cruise.

Same here...  BOO, HISS!

2 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

Yes I'm in the same boat as you...  🙂 

1 hour ago, Sugar Magnolia said:

I am so jealous...what do I have to do to get one those coupons...threaten never to cruise NCL ever again? I'll do it...

I have been talking on Facebook and Cruise Critic about possibly not booking anything else (any cruise), so maybe they've spied on me enough to know that I'm fickle. But really, I'm sorry you didn't get the coupon!

• Haha 2

I, too, have not received the email or offer.  We sailed Alaska May 2022…and I’ve recently been looking at Alaska cruises late summer ‘23.  So they probably think I’m already hooked.  But…def not now knowing that many are getting sweet deals and I’m not.  

1 hour ago, laudergayle said:

I, too, have not received the email or offer.  We sailed Alaska May 2022…and I’ve recently been looking at Alaska cruises late summer ‘23.  So they probably think I’m already hooked.  But…def not now knowing that many are getting sweet deals and I’m not.  

I've never met an AK cruise that I didn't feel was a "sweet deal."  I generally preach "book early, book often."  That may have backfired on me this time. 🤣

• Haha 4

On 2/24/2023 at 3:29 PM, wil e coyote said:

We got this email as well. It didn't show up in "My Coupons and Credits" in my account for a few days. But it did show up if I went in and did a booking. Here's how it worked, assuming you received the email from NCL:

-Log in to NCL and choose one of the three ships for a 2023 Alaska cruise itinerary. 

-Work through all the booking steps (choose cabin, add travelers, etc) til you get to the payment screen.

-On the payment screen, choose the 50% off coupon (in my case it was at the bottom of the list below my CruiseNext coupons.) Note this is a coupon, and is not transferable.

-The coupon discounts the cabin fare by 50% (not taxes, gratuities, fees, or tours)

So this is 50% off of the original (largely bogus) 50% discount on the website - for the cruise fare.

All that said, it is a pretty significant sale. Significant enough that we booked a cruise with it!

I tried replicating your steps and can’t figure out how to get the coupon to apply.  On the payment screen my only option is to use a credit card. I see no mention of coupons even though they are showing up in my account. 

7 hours ago, Malex7780 said:

I tried replicating your steps and can’t figure out how to get the coupon to apply.  On the payment screen my only option is to use a credit card. I see no mention of coupons even though they are showing up in my account. 

If your cruise is for Alaska 2023 on one of the five included ships, then you might have to book over the phone to get it applied. NCL's website is glitchy.

Edited by trueeden

This definitely has me interested!  I have the coupons.  That Southbound Jewel in September, an inside room looks very enticing.  $300 to get on board (using a CND as well as the 50% off), plus airfare to get there and home ($570 if I use NCL's airfare offer).  That itinerary looks like a good one, too...