Prima/LIVE/Feb 26 to March 5, 2023/non-Sistahs Cruise

Greenpea2

Patti...you are making me think about looking at the haven....for a Mom and sons cruise!   We have done  the falls many years ago...and also did a week at an all inclusive...Hilton prop in Jamaica...and a day trip from a carnival cruise ship...but just getting off the ship and walking....not such a good experience...but just thinking of Jamaica brings back a lot of memories!!

• Like 3

Wow. I am back. Finally. The main reason for my lack of posting is the lack of internet until about 5 minutes ago. Wotta mess. I finally have everything working on mi iPhone so I will go with that for awhile. 

it is 4:40 pm and we are still at the pier in Port Canaveral. There was just an announcement from the Captain saying that the hold up is that they are still loading supplies. Why they are late with that was not mentioned. So sail away is a bit late. 

Yesterday was a good day. Flight was on time and smooth. Our luggage arrived with us (always a good thing). SIL and BIL picked us up and we went from the airport to Port Canaveral. We decided to check into the hotel first. 

hampton Inn and Suites PC is really nice! Room was roomy, beds were big and sooo comfy. Two different kitchen areas for breakfast. And a large pool and courtyard area with a pool bar! 

Here is the pool.

more in a bit…

0E130AD8-0C0F-4C3E-9D02-AFB8A1A83164.jpeg

• Like 17

After checking in to the hotel we decided to drive over to Cocoa Beach. I wanted a new tee from Ron Jon’s. Wow that place seems bigger than when I was there probably 8 years ago. Unfortunately it was packed, with stagnant check-out lines. And most of the tees there are the thinner type of fabric. The kind of draft fabric. I wanted nice thick hearty cotton material like I bought before. So that was a bit of a washout. 

we walked around hoping to eat at one of the waterside restaurants. But they were all full (Saturday night and all). So we went back to the hotel and ate at a very good Italian place across the road from it. Verracella’s, I believe it was.

here I am flirting with the chef. He smiled a lot but didn’t seem too full of life. 

D6E6D9E7-1B14-4A6E-88FF-3FE585E099B6.jpeg

• Like 23
  • Haha 3

Map of GSC so you know where you are going.  Didn't you say you got a villa?  That's all over on the left hand side of the map.  I think they have golf carts to drive you over there but am not sure.  Make sure if it's windy to go back early.  There were some issues on the last couple of tenders and they thought some guests were going to have to spend night on GSC.

Great Stirrup Caye.pdf

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cml4958 said:

Map of GSC so you know where you are going.  Didn't you say you got a villa?  That's all over on the left hand side of the map.  I think they have golf carts to drive you over there but am not sure.  Make sure if it's windy to go back early.  There were some issues on the last couple of tenders and they thought some guests were going to have to spend night on GSC.

Great Stirrup Caye.pdf 3.89 MB · 0 downloads

Yeah, they had large golf-cart things to take us there. I wouldn’t mind spending the night there! 🙂

• Like 6

On 2/25/2023 at 5:17 PM, jbhcw said:

Patti...you are making me think about looking at the haven....for a Mom and sons cruise!   We have done  the falls many years ago...and also did a week at an all inclusive...Hilton prop in Jamaica...and a day trip from a carnival cruise ship...but just getting off the ship and walking....not such a good experience...but just thinking of Jamaica brings back a lot of memories!!

The Haven would be a great idea for you. I’m not sure I can recommend this particular one yet but I’m giving it some time. This Haven complex is spread out differently and it seems like we walk SO much today going to various parts of it… but I’m not ready to give a thumbs up or a thumbs down. It’s only been 12 hours that we have been here, after all. The Haven is beautiful and all staff have been terrific. Having the two sun decks is wonderful. So far the only real thing we are not grooving on is our suite. Which I will explain later on. It just is not set up in a way that makes sense to us. 

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 9

4 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Wow. I am back. Finally. The main reason for my lack of posting is the lack of internet until about 5 minutes ago. Wotta mess. I finally have everything working on mi iPhone so I will go with that for awhile. 

it is 4:40 pm and we are still at the pier in Port Canaveral. There was just an announcement from the Captain saying that the hold up is that they are still loading supplies. Why they are late with that was not mentioned. So sail away is a bit late. 

Yesterday was a good day. Flight was on time and smooth. Our luggage arrived with us (always a good thing). SIL and BIL picked us up and we went from the airport to Port Canaveral. We decided to check into the hotel first. 

hampton Inn and Suites PC is really nice! Room was roomy, beds were big and sooo comfy. Two different kitchen areas for breakfast. And a large pool and courtyard area with a pool bar! 

Here is the pool.

more in a bit…

0E130AD8-0C0F-4C3E-9D02-AFB8A1A83164.jpeg

We love the Hampton Inns. Really comfortable beds and sometimes good breakfasts. Just got back from a trip in northern central California and stayed in a Hampton every night for a week. Thank goodness for a good comfortable nights sleep. 

• Like 6

13 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

It is 5:40 and sail away is happening. Not as exciting as from New York, but still. 

448B1462-6DF5-4CA0-B92D-78AFB1A69FF0.jpeg

3F85D06D-A164-4A9D-B47F-4568352DBA4D.jpeg

Sailaway is always exciting!

With all the controversy about muster, could you comment on the muster drill? Or was is just, "ok we got that over with, let the fun begin".

26 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

Sailaway is always exciting!

With all the controversy about muster, could you comment on the muster drill? Or was is just, "ok we got that over with, let the fun begin".

It was pretty much as I remember it from my last cruise before Covid. Except this time (as reported by others) we had to watch a video in our room. Then we hall met in various laces for the usual drill and talk. The first third of that no one could hear because most of the crowd laughing and talking. It was crazy. Finally a supervisory staff member yelled really loudly “ Everybody quit please!!!”  That did the trick. Silence for the rest of it! 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

We had dinner at the Haven restaurant last night. Wonderful as ever. The Haven restaurant is so much bigger on the Prima. Wonderful survice as usual. This is the roasted beet salad with goat cheese. Yummy. 

E1485991-C0EF-4597-AF49-A810E55879B4.jpeg

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 10

One of my favorite images so far. DH and I took a walk around the sun decks last night, exploring. The night was beautiful and this sight needed to be photographed. Leaning over the rail. 
then we went to bed, watched TV, then could not sleep. So had a late night white pizza delivered. Yum! That did it. Carbs equaled snooze time. 

55508EC4-1E42-4D4E-8BE8-9C44C2FFCA69.jpeg

• Like 14

Today is beautiful and our plan include making use of a hot tub and sunning. Lunch in MDR. Captain’s cocktail party tonight then Cagney, the Donna Summer show and checking out the disco after. 

dH not interested in the disco part but hell, I am. I told him he could stand there and I would disco dance around him. Now you KNOW Sistah would be dancing with me!

• Like 13
  • Haha 7

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

We had dinner at the Haven restaurant last night. Wonderful as ever. The Haven restaurant is so much bigger on the Prima. Wonderful survice as usual. This is the roasted beet salad with goat cheese. Yummy. 

E1485991-C0EF-4597-AF49-A810E55879B4.jpeg

Every time I see this, I have to laugh. On my first Haven cruise I ordered the beet salad thinking it would a salad. You know...with goat cheese, but also spring mix, carrots, tomatoes, etc...this came to the table and my husband and I both thought, "what the heck is that?" It is quite tasty! I just didn't expect a beet salad to literally be beets. 

• Like 2

We had breakfast in the Haven dining room, but sat in the outside area. That was great on a beautiful morning. We both ordered Eggs Benedict. Mine without Canadian bacon, but with crispy regular bacon on the side. Plus hash browns. Because, I’m sorry but if hash browns are offered (and they are crispy), this gal is going to have some.

Joe had his with the Canadian bacon.  Plus regular bacon. Plus hash browns.🐷 and then he insisted on rearranging his plate into a face for its formal portrait.  

the bottom one is mine. I never touched how it looked. It came to me looking like that! Not sure how appetizing it is to contemplate eating a food face. But boy was it good!

44771E54-8BB6-44C4-902E-868BF4D95748.jpeg

DE53E4EA-400B-4587-A79F-743F01FBA397.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Haha 7