Prima/LIVE/Feb 26 to March 5, 2023/non-Sistahs Cruise

Greenpea2

As long as the internet is cooperating (yay for a change) I will try and get caught up. 

After breakfast we put on our swimsuit attire and went to the Haven pool area. First stop was a pair of Bloody Marys for sustenance, courtesy of our sun deck bartender Made (pronounced Mah Day). Then up to the top deck on onto on of the very comfy double loungers. With an umbrella at the ready. 

D763AB92-D74E-4F3F-9C06-E2027CA0DF31.jpeg

• Like 11

We have the Cocktail with the captain cocktail party at the observation lounge later so thought we would go try and find it, rather than waste time being lost as it seems most people do. No one can figure out where anything is here, it’s become a general joke. I became friendly with a woman here in the Haven and she told me this morning that last night was a nightmare for her. She was with her sister and became separated at one point. She could not find her way back to wherever she had last seen her so decided to go to her room. Couldn’t find that either, was almost in tears, could not find anyone to help her (it was kind of late). She finally found the Have area she is in and the entrance door would not work. (I have had that trouble too). She finally found another entrance that did work. 

Any way Joe and I went exploring. Of course I can’t remember the deck number, but it’s the one with the Summer Walk ? That goes all around the ship. That was a great walk. The portion where you could see the water beneath you freaked me out a bit. But I walked it. Praying. Really, I was. Pictures to come. 

• Like 12

48 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

With an umbrella at the ready. 

Some earlier threads were reporting that there were limited umbrellas in the Haven area. Can you please report on that? Thanks for the great review, and enjoy your cruise! 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Wow, I gotta imagine those loungers by the pools on the Waterfront will be super-duper chair hog central.

And yes they are!! Those small pools are just body soup. 🤢 as it got later in the day they were wall to wall, worse than in this photo.  Speaking of chair hogs, when we had breakfast in the Haven, it is on the Haven sun deck but the other side. There is room for loungers though, pretty much next to the dining tables. Almost all of them were empty except for— you got it. An artfully draped towel. The Chogs are everywhere!

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Any way Joe and I went exploring. Of course I can’t remember the deck number, but it’s the one with the Summer Walk ? That goes all around the ship. That was a great walk. The portion where you could see the water beneath you freaked me out a bit. But I walked it. Praying. Really, I was. Pictures to come. 

No "Summer Walk" on the Prima, that I can recall.  However, Deck 8 has Zone names:

Forward is La Terrazza. The glass viewing walkway is called Ocean Walk.  In the center area you'll find either The Drop Zone (Port side), or The Rush Zone (Starboard side), which are then followed by Infinity Beach heading toward the aft.  So many names for what we, otherwise, know as the promenade deck.  It certainly has some large sculptures and nice plants!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HBCcruiser said:

Some earlier threads were reporting that there were limited umbrellas in the Haven area. Can you please report on that? Thanks for the great review, and enjoy your cruise! 

Sun umbrellas? I ask because regular umbrellas are in each cabin. If you mean sun ones, they do exist but are kind of here and there. I have seen no one using them except me. The ones I saw are on the upper deck. I will check on the bar deck and report back after I get there again. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ggTexasGal said:

No "Summer Walk" on the Prima, that I can recall.  However, Deck 8 has Zone names:

Forward is La Terrazza. The glass viewing walkway is called Ocean Walk.  In the center area you'll find either The Drop Zone (Port side), or The Rush Zone (Starboard side), which are then followed by Infinity Beach heading toward the aft.  So many names for what we, otherwise, know as the promenade deck.  It certainly has some large sculptures and nice plants!

Yes, sorry. It was Ocean Walk. Yes the zones were pretty neat. And not many people hanging out there. It’s quiet, pretty, and since we were walking forward, the rushing sea wind was invigorating!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Greenpea2 said:

Sun umbrellas? I ask because regular umbrellas are in each cabin. If you mean sun ones, they do exist but are kind of here and there. I have seen no one using them except me. The ones I saw are on the upper deck. I will check on the bar deck and report back after I get there again. 

Yes, sun umbrellas. Thank you! 

• Like 1

Your pictures are great!

Looks like you’re having an amazing time!

Getting turned around and a little lost is definitely part of the Prima adventure 🙄

How are you liking your two bedroom villa?

• Like 1

@HBCcruiser I couldn’t sit still so I went to check. Lower sun deck (with the bar) only has 4 umbrellas. But there are also 3 cabana-like things for doubles made of wood slats which appears to cut off at least some of the sun. The upper sun deck has 8 umbrellas. All but 3 were in use in the late afternoon sun. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Greenpea2 said:

We have the Cocktail with the captain cocktail party at the observation lounge later so thought we would go try and find it, rather than waste time being lost as it seems most people do. No one can figure out where anything is here, it’s become a general joke. I became friendly with a woman here in the Haven and she told me this morning that last night was a nightmare for her. She was with her sister and became separated at one point. She could not find her way back to wherever she had last seen her so decided to go to her room. Couldn’t find that either, was almost in tears, could not find anyone to help her (it was kind of late). She finally found the Have area she is in and the entrance door would not work. (I have had that trouble too). She finally found another entrance that did work. 

I could see myself getting lost as I have the world's worst sense of direction. The worst I ever did was get us on a train going the wrong way when we were in the port for Florence. Redid a similar cruise 10 years later (actually NCL on the Epic) to actually get my art teacher DW to Florence. Probably could have done it on our own with much more experience than our first cruise, but we spent the extra to take a Florence on Your Own excursion.

I think the walkaround deck is 8.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

I could see myself getting lost as I have the world's worst sense of direction.

This is what I dread for my wife on our upcoming Viva cruise.  (I have a darn good sense of direction -- once I get a map in my head, I can figure my way around anything.) 

I've given her the most important thing -- directions from our cabin to the Starbucks.  (Go left out of our cabin to the elevator bank - about eight cabins -  go down six floors, go right out of the elevator bank, and voila.  Reverse to get back to the room.)  Of course, she'll likely send me out for the coffee, and I'll likely mess it up, so..... 🤔

• Haha 8

6 hours ago, Hogladyrider said:

@Greenpea2.....I got a chuckle when you posted "beet salad"....brought back memories of the "beet" discussion over on the TRIBE board!

Looks like so far you are settling in just fine....ENJOY your day!  Great pics!

I thought the same thing 😂😂😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1