Elite Breakfast Lounge

MisterMet

4 minutes ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I'm just getting to Elite status this month and find this interesting. I know some people may love it, but it doesn't seem to me to be a great "perk" to be offered a special place to have a limited breakfast of only cold items when those who are not Elite can have many more things, hot and cold, in the OVC or main dining room. The smoothies are appealing, but I think I can get those in Eden or Spa Cafe (?) with my premium non-alcoholic beverage package. It reminds me of one cruise line I go on that offers guests who are in a certain cabin class an exclusive "lounge" that is a small windowless room with a few chairs, a sofa, and a desk and the same coffee, beverages, and a few pastries that are available to all guests in more spacious and attractive venues. Hardly anyone ever goes there and when I do see someone in there I always wonder what they're getting out of it.  

That's why the Tuscon on S class is such a great spot for it, you 'usually' can sit right by the windows, great view.  The service is great and it's so nice and quiet.  It's great for avoiding the zoo in OVC until later in the morning, if you still want something. It's the best perk, besides laundry and dry cleaning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, chemmo said:

We love the CC breakfast on S class ships.

Looking out over the wake of the ship when at sea or looking down of the hustle and bustle of a port when moored up…

They do have a good range of platters ranging from fruit, to cold meats, to salmon to the ultimate platter for two which has a bit of everything (our favourite).

The coffees are nice and I tend to start the day here with a Bellini, yummy!

MisterMet, look out on boarding for a Captains Club letter in your cabin. It has a list of events some of which you need to register for. It can vary owing to cruise length but there is usually a wine tasting and a behind the scenes theatre tour. Sometimes you get reminders of these events but not always so keep checking the list. Also listen to messages on your phone sometimes there may be an invite to something like a helipad sail away.

As the penguins said the Cocktail hour is less of an event now. However, the Sky lounge is still a lovely venue for evening pre dinner drinks.

Remember the Captain Club host is part of the guest service team so he/she can be another person to offer assistance if you have any difficulties either with issues on board or perhaps with flights home.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

Thank you so much for your advice.  Keep forgetting about the CC Host as a resource

13 hours ago, chemmo said:

14 hours ago, the penguins said:

Plus the croissants and sticky buns - our favourite way to start the day. Usually very quiet on a port day, busier on a sea day and an absolute centre of activity on Transatlantics regularly spilling over into Qisine.

Also for early morning  drinkers wine, mimosas and bloody mary's.

Love croissants and sticky buns!

Edited by MisterMet

3 hours ago, rmalbers said:

The Tuscan is a great place for it.  This reminds me, I have a good? picture of the ultimate platter.  Someone above said it's for 'two' people, no one has ever told me that?  (The color is off because of the tinted windows.)

20230201_092856.jpg

Yummy!

2 hours ago, MarkWiltonM said:

I'm just getting to Elite status this month and find this interesting. I know some people may love it, but it doesn't seem to me to be a great "perk" to be offered a special place to have a limited breakfast of only cold items when those who are not Elite can have many more things, hot and cold, in the OVC or main dining room. The smoothies are appealing, but I think I can get those in Eden or Spa Cafe (?) with my premium non-alcoholic beverage package. It reminds me of one cruise line I go on that offers guests who are in a certain cabin class an exclusive "lounge" that is a small windowless room with a few chairs, a sofa, and a desk and the same coffee, beverages, and a few pastries that are available to all guests in more spacious and attractive venues. Hardly anyone ever goes there and when I do see someone in there I always wonder what they're getting out of it.  

We enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of the Elite breakfast, and the cold items, especially smoked salmon suit us well.  The venue on S class is the Tuscan Grill which is bright and cheerful.  No one has to go there if they prefer the buffet or MDR, it is just an option.  We occasionally go to the Oceanview, but the MDR for breakfast doesn't appeal at all since the food is pre plated and not very hot.

• Like 1

For those who don't want a huge breakfast, the Elite breakfast is a great option.

We rarely eat proper breakfast so Tuscan is just right. We might sit for an hour just having coffee or tea with some meat, cheese and fruit while watching the wake and planning the day. It's a much more relaxed way to start the day. There's no one rushing you out or waiting for your table. 

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 2:56 AM, the penguins said:

Not the drinks the event i. e. now drinks at almost any bar instead of the one big gathering in Sky Lounge. 😂😀

I think just the opposite. Love the freedom to get drinks from any bar and be able to walk around with them.   

have never been to the Elite breakfast as we’ve always gotten room service… well… we used to anyway.   

Edited by Duanerice1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We did the Elite breakfast on our B2B in November on the Edge. It was held in the Tuscan Restaurant. They had a very limited menu even knowing that it was a Continental Breakfast.  Never saw more than 6 or 8 people eating there on any given day while we were there which made it a quiet place for coffee or a morning cocktail.  Not a great place to go if you're hungry.   Found out that there was no shortage of Elites when trying to attend the Senior Officers cocktail party.  Elites obviously didn't do the breakfast due to the limited menu.  The Elite breakfast was much better years ago when it was a buffet. 

Edited by waverunner43
Add additional information
  • Thanks 2

30 minutes ago, waverunner43 said:

We did the Elite breakfast on our B2B in November on the Edge. It was held in the Tuscan Restaurant. They had a very limited menu even knowing that it was a Continental Breakfast.  Never saw more than 6 or 8 people eating there on any given day while we were there which made it a quiet place for coffee or a morning cocktail.  Not a great place to go if you're hungry.   Found out that there was no shortage of Elites when trying to attend the Senior Officers cocktail party.  Elites obviously didn't do the breakfast due to the limited menu.  The Elite breakfast was much better years ago when it was a buffet. 

It used to be at Le Grande Bistro on EDGE. Sad that is now gone, probably as the number of Elites increased.

Currently on millennium, with 600 elites  on board and the breakfast  held on deck 5 of MDR.   There was a third table this morning with fruits.  So one for pastries, one for meats, cheeses&, salmon, one for fruits.  There were also self-serve coffee machines and waiters who would bring you espresso based coffee’s, or mimosas or bloody Mary’s

2549622D-7F96-4142-AB5C-4491D3CDCF4C.jpeg

E02B7B84-6231-4970-974A-BBBF94EDAA53.jpeg

• Like 1

We are on Millennium with 600 Elites and they move the Elite Breakfast to Deck 5 of the Metropolitan Restaurant.  The Tuscan was not large enough to accommodate the expected crowd. 

We are discussing going there for breakfast tomorrow morning. 

oops @cruisestitch beat me to it again. 

Edited by DaKahuna

On 4/23/2023 at 5:00 PM, DaKahuna said:

We are on Millennium with 600 Elites and they move the Elite Breakfast to Deck 5 of the Metropolitan Restaurant.  The Tuscan was not large enough to accommodate the expected crowd. 

We are discussing going there for breakfast tomorrow morning. 

oops @cruisestitch beat me to it again. 

Wow, that's amazing, I wonder if it's a sign that the FCC is about done moving thru the system. 

22 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

No it’s more of a sign that this is a Cruise Itinerary that attracts experienced cruisers

Panama canal cruise, that surprises me that there are that many elites on there.  Maybe people are using it to go back to their CA homes after the winter in FL?

29 minutes ago, rmalbers said:

Panama canal cruise, that surprises me that there are that many elites on there.  Maybe people are using it to go back to their CA homes after the winter in FL?

My WAG (Wild A$$ Guess) is that many live in FL, are semi-retired or fully retired, got dropped off at the ship and will fly home from LA.  For many, myself included, getting that much time off work would be difficult and I wouldn't want spend it on a sailing with so many seadays.  However, if one is allowed to work remotely from the ship on seadays, it would be an attractive option for some including myself since you wouldn't need to burn 2+ weeks of vacation time

• Like 3

17 hours ago, rmalbers said:

It’s a one off itinerary, the Canal transit is on many bucket lists, it’s  15 days during the school year so you can practically be assured there won’t be any children on board, so very appealing to experienced Celebrity cruisers who have done the Caribbean to death and want something different but don’t want to do a transatlantic 

• Like 3

On 2/24/2023 at 7:56 PM, MarkWiltonM said:

The atmosphere is totally different and more relaxed than the buffet. Lots more choice than just bagels. We love the croissants, smoked salmon, fresh fruit and the pastries. Smoothies are excellent. The Captain's Club host is (should be) in attendance every day. Very popular meeting place on sea days and Transatlantics. It's our choice of how we start our day.

• Like 1

On 4/23/2023 at 5:50 PM, cruisestitch said:

Currently on millennium, with 600 elites  on board and the breakfast  held on deck 5 of MDR.   There was a third table this morning with fruits.  So one for pastries, one for meats, cheeses&, salmon, one for fruits.  There were also self-serve coffee machines and waiters who would bring you espresso based coffee’s, or mimosas or bloody Mary’s

2549622D-7F96-4142-AB5C-4491D3CDCF4C.jpeg

E02B7B84-6231-4970-974A-BBBF94EDAA53.jpeg

Currently on the constellation and we have the buffet but all beverage service is from the waitstaff.  Buffet is fruit, cold meats, and pastries.  It is being held in Qsine on deck 3, which is kind of odd location on the Connie.   Deck 3 aft... not mid ship.   Would be nice if it was held in Tuscan on Deck 11.  Service has been excellent and it isn't crowded, even on a transatlantic with lots of elite and above.