Elite Breakfast Lounge

MisterMet

6 minutes ago, MisterMet said:

Can someone please tell me where the Elite Breakfast Lounge and Cocktail Lounge are on the Equinox?  We finally got to Elite CC level and are looking forward to some of the benefits.  Thanks

Tuscan Grill for the Elite breakfast. From 8 to 10 AM. No dedicated lounge for the watered down CC HH. The CC HH is from 5 to 7 PM at most bars. Unlimited drinks. No CC HH on the first evening. You will receive a detailed letter from the CC host explaining  all your onboard perks/benefits. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Tuscan Grill for the Elite breakfast. From 8 to 10 AM. No dedicated lounge for the watered down CC HH. The CC HH is from 5 to 7 PM at most bars. Unlimited drinks. No CC HH on the first evening. You will receive a detailed letter from the CC host explaining  all your onboard perks/benefits. 

AFAIK None of my drinks have been watered down at the happy hour. I usually order wine, but sometimes a side car or a martini and I’ve watched the barstaff prepare them so I think I would know if they had watered anything down

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

AFAIK None of my drinks have been watered down at the happy hour. I usually order wine, but sometimes a side car or a martini and I’ve watched the barstaff prepare them so I think I would know if they had watered anything down

Not the drinks the event i. e. now drinks at almost any bar instead of the one big gathering in Sky Lounge. 😂😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The Elite breakfast in a continental breakfast.  Meats, cheese, fruit and breads.  Main reason to go is smoothies and cappuccino etc.

Plus the croissants and sticky buns - our favourite way to start the day. Usually very quiet on a port day, busier on a sea day and an absolute centre of activity on Transatlantics regularly spilling over into Qisine.

Also for early morning  drinkers wine, mimosas and bloody mary's.

We love the CC breakfast on S class ships.

Looking out over the wake of the ship when at sea or looking down of the hustle and bustle of a port when moored up…

They do have a good range of platters ranging from fruit, to cold meats, to salmon to the ultimate platter for two which has a bit of everything (our favourite).

The coffees are nice and I tend to start the day here with a Bellini, yummy!

MisterMet, look out on boarding for a Captains Club letter in your cabin. It has a list of events some of which you need to register for. It can vary owing to cruise length but there is usually a wine tasting and a behind the scenes theatre tour. Sometimes you get reminders of these events but not always so keep checking the list. Also listen to messages on your phone sometimes there may be an invite to something like a helipad sail away.

As the penguins said the Cocktail hour is less of an event now. However, the Sky lounge is still a lovely venue for evening pre dinner drinks.

Remember the Captain Club host is part of the guest service team so he/she can be another person to offer assistance if you have any difficulties either with issues on board or perhaps with flights home.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, chemmo said:

We love the CC breakfast on S class ships.

Looking out over the wake of the ship when at sea or looking down of the hustle and bustle of a port when moored up…

They do have a good range of platters ranging from fruit, to cold meats, to salmon to the ultimate platter for two which has a bit of everything (our favourite).

The coffees are nice and I tend to start the day here with a Bellini, yummy!

MisterMet, look out on boarding for a Captains Club letter in your cabin. It has a list of events some of which you need to register for. It can vary owing to cruise length but there is usually a wine tasting and a behind the scenes theatre tour. Sometimes you get reminders of these events but not always so keep checking the list. Also listen to messages on your phone sometimes there may be an invite to something like a helipad sail away.

As the penguins said the Cocktail hour is less of an event now. However, the Sky lounge is still a lovely venue for evening pre dinner drinks.

Remember the Captain Club host is part of the guest service team so he/she can be another person to offer assistance if you have any difficulties either with issues on board or perhaps with flights home.

Sincere best wishes for a fantastic cruise!

Good point on the Captain Club Host who is supposed to be (and usually is) available at the Elite Breakfast every day.

Platters: introduced on the restart so may go back to self service (possibly not on sailings from the US due to hygiene restrictions to do with carpet/tiled areas).

However the pre plated selections are really examples as the staff will make up any combination you like. My choice is 1 platter of fruit and 1 platter with 5 plain croissants and a large dish of the Marmalade all washed down with a mixed Berry smoothie and several Lattes.

• Like 2

Question about this breakfast and the CC HH. I am an elite member but my husband is sailing with X for his first time. Will he be able to enjoy these benefits with me? Or will I have to go on my own? If that is the case, can I order more than 1 drink at a time and give them to him or will they be watching me like a hawk?

11 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I didn't say the drinks were watered down. I said, "No dedicated lounge for the watered down CC HH". 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jamieben said:

Question about this breakfast and the CC HH. I am an elite member but my husband is sailing with X for his first time. Will he be able to enjoy these benefits with me? Or will I have to go on my own? If that is the case, can I order more than 1 drink at a time and give them to him or will they be watching me like a hawk?

He will be Elite with zero CC cruise points due to you are married. He'll earn CC cruise points when he cruises going forward. You each will have the perks/benefits. Call the CC and let them know so they can assign him his CC number and his tier level.  1-800-760-0654. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I didn't say the drinks were watered down. I said, "No dedicated lounge for the watered down CC HH". 

It seems to me that the happy hour has been expanded, not reduced. It used to be that you had to go to One Pacific Place and there was a dress code. Now you can go to nearly any bar and be as informal as you’d like. Yes there are no longer hors d’oeuvres served so I guess that is a reduction, but the ability to have the Elite drinks at a bar with non-Elite friends more than makes up for that to me, especially when coming back to the ship after a day on shore and not having to get dressed up.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, davekathy said:

He will be Elite with zero CC cruise points due to you are married. He'll earn CC cruise points when he cruises going forward. You each will have the perks/benefits. Call the CC and let them know so they can assign him his CC number and his tier level.  1-800-760-0654. 

Great to know! Thank you!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

It seems to me that the happy hour has been expanded, not reduced. It used to be that you had to go to One Pacific Place and there was a dress code. Now you can go to nearly any bar and be as informal as you’d like. Yes there are no longer hors d’oeuvres served so I guess that is a reduction, but the ability to have the Elite drinks at a bar with non-Elite friends more than makes up for that to me, especially when coming back to the ship after a day on shore and not having to get dressed up.

My opinion. It's apparent to me that the CC HH is a watered down version of what it was. We prefer the past traditional CC HH in the Sky Lounge with the hors d oeuvres. I've received info this week that the CC has officially made the decision not to bring back the traditional CC HH. No a deal breaker just a perk/benefit we enjoyed that is no longer. We appreciate that the CC is offering the watered down version in case we decide not to get AI. Would be better if the CC did away with the CC HH beverage menu and let us order drinks from the bar menu during the CC HH. 

• Like 1

I remember that on mini itineraries it was hard to get a seat in the sky lounge. We are enjoying having our happy hour drinks at the sunset bar most nights.  Or sometimes in ensemble when there are musicians playing that we enjoy. Very happy to be able to use the benefit at bars of our choice

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, WestLakeGirl said:

I remember that on mini itineraries it was hard to get a seat in the sky lounge. We are enjoying having our happy hour drinks at the sunset bar most nights.  Or sometimes in ensemble when there are musicians playing that we enjoy. Very happy to be able to use the benefit at bars of our choice

Not just mini itineraries, on TA's there would be over a 100 every day all trying to get drinks from a few staff. 

3 hours ago, jamieben said:

Nobody watches anyone to see your drinking habits.  You are supposedly not allowed to order more than 1 drink at a time, but having 2 seapasses in hand at a bar has always gotten me 2 drinks.

If you are Elite then anyone listed in your cabin can attend events with you.  

• Like 1

We last sailed as Elite in April and we enjoyed the HH from 5-7 PM but also we were invited as Elite(along with others) to the Sky Lounge on two occasions - one for a sample of specialty drinks described and made by a bartender and passed around and then a meeting with staff which included appetizers and drinks aplenty. So those two events added to the Happy Hour was nice.

We went to the Elite breakfast twice on our last 10 day cruise. I found the bagels quite of dry. Having it every day would be boring.  I also enjoy going to either the MDR or the buffet for variety.

We take advantage of being Elite and find we save quite a bit of money by utilizing the drink offer and by not drinking too much.

We sail in May(cannot wait) so we shall see how that goes.

Captain Club concierge's desk, I have found, has limited hours and can be a wait.  Check the daily listing for times.  Location is sometimes hidden especially on Summit.

• Like 1

I'm just getting to Elite status this month and find this interesting. I know some people may love it, but it doesn't seem to me to be a great "perk" to be offered a special place to have a limited breakfast of only cold items when those who are not Elite can have many more things, hot and cold, in the OVC or main dining room. The smoothies are appealing, but I think I can get those in Eden or Spa Cafe (?) with my premium non-alcoholic beverage package. It reminds me of one cruise line I go on that offers guests who are in a certain cabin class an exclusive "lounge" that is a small windowless room with a few chairs, a sofa, and a desk and the same coffee, beverages, and a few pastries that are available to all guests in more spacious and attractive venues. Hardly anyone ever goes there and when I do see someone in there I always wonder what they're getting out of it.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1