New Princess Premium desserts...

Shippy

33 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Is it possible to just ask them not to put the candy on? Was it like a milkshake on the inside? 

I didn't ask to hold the candy, so I don't know for sure, but they are made as ordered, so I don't see why they couldn't do that. Inside the glass on this one was vanilla gelato and New York cheesecake. the chocolate and sprinkles on the outside were frozen on hard. I would rather of had just the cheesecake with the gelato on the side. 

• Like 2

On 3/2/2023 at 3:18 AM, cjpj said:

I don't know what I was expecting,  but I thought a premium dessert would be something like a great piece of black forest cake or crepes or chocolate fondue. Something you would order at lunch or dinner. Not a sundae or milkshake. 

What you describe used to be standard dessert fare on Princess with no fee for it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/3/2023 at 3:34 PM, wowzz said:

Not sure why you say that.

Princess Plus costs me £50.

Autotips cost me about £12.

A glass of decent wine is £15.

So, three glasses of wine costs £45, add on the autotips at £12, and my daily cost is £57, which, according to my maths is £7 more than the PP package. 

A decent glass of wine is far less than that. You seem to be used to being over charged.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, brisalta said:

I cannot help it if you live in a place that has over priced wine and a poor selection at that.

I think I have about 120 bottles of Cab in the house right now......plenty of selection

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

I think I have about 120 bottles of Cab in the house right now......plenty of selection

So no decent wine in your selection.

Florida is not known for wine production and has a limited choice of wines available due to a number of factors.  One is that the best wines are sold direct at the winery/cave and never sold in retail stores.

Edited by brisalta

2 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

I didn't ask to hold the candy, so I don't know for sure, but they are made as ordered, so I don't see why they couldn't do that. Inside the glass on this one was vanilla gelato and New York cheesecake. the chocolate and sprinkles on the outside were frozen on hard. I would rather of had just the cheesecake with the gelato on the side. 

Thanks for responding. Time will tell how well they are received. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Boones Farm and Mad Dog 20/20 are neither decent nor available on a cruise ship

1 hour ago, brisalta said:

The person I was responding to made a general statement that was not specific to being on board ship.

I guess the words cruise ship went over your head?

• Like 2

18 hours ago, caribill said:

This isn't going to last!  They cannot justify the time spent.

Perhaps, but they are charging a lot of money for them if guest has to pay.  Otherwise, I agree that it is costing them relatively a lot to provide to package owners.  Think about how quickly one can get a glass of wine or liquor at a bar compared to preparing one of these concoctions.

13 minutes ago, RedIguana said:

I guess the words cruise ship went over your head?

The price of decent wine in the UK is high relatively speaking so they are used to high prices. That went over your head.

"A glass of decent wine is £15."

£15 is about 18 USD at current exchange rates.

Edited by brisalta

On 3/2/2023 at 11:20 AM, HikaruTsuki said:

Someone posted a photo of multi-tiered cakes earlier in this thread and said they were part of the Premium Desserts (check previous pages). Looked like there was a black forest cake, a red velvet cake and a chocolate cake. 

Unfortunately they don’t seem to be available in the dining room though. I had also hoped that at least the deserts would be available with meals.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, brisalta said:

A decent glass of wine is far less than that. You seem to be used to being over charged.

I was obviously talking about the price on board ship, as the discussion is about the value of the various packages. I calculate everything in £, as that is the currency I use to buy the Plus package.

So, I stand by my point that a decent glass of wine  on board ship will cost me £15 ($15 + 18% service).

Clear enough ?

• Like 3

17 hours ago, memoak said:

For a 3 week cruise we would need to bring at least a gallon of bourbon an a gallon of vodka and  that might not cover it. We will stick to the plus package and have fun hanging at the bar

Wow, considering the amount you consume, you better stick with that package 

Just a couple of 750 ml bottles works for us very nicely. 

14 hours ago, brisalta said:

The person I was responding to made a general statement that was not specific to being on board ship.

This is a cruise board, it's not FB, we can disagree, but there's no reason to go for a personal attack.

Edited by justafem
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, brisalta said:

Not sure what you’ve been ordering but I’d say $12 per glass is the bare minimum for wine on Princess. There are many people who wouldn’t find anything enjoyable to them at the $15 included in the Plus package.