New Princess Premium desserts...

Shippy

17 hours ago, justafem said:

Am I the only one about over the judgy judgy with people commenting on how bad people are for utilizing what the cruise line is offering?  

I'm one of those that will drink to excess while cruising.  Why?  Because I can.  I rarely drink in the real world, but when I'm a cruise, I'll get drunk and sober up 3 times in a day.  Why?  Because I can.  I think next time I'll try for 4 times in a day. 

I'm going to order the new desserts and if I like them, I'll get more.  And if I don't like them, I'll order them the way I want them, then I'll order another.  

It's my vacation.  I'll do it how I want.  POOF!  You have no power over me! 

I have been holding back for too long too!   POOF!   I am owning all of this too... thank you for this message.  

• Like 4

On 3/2/2023 at 9:50 AM, JimmyVWine said:

I understand that point and sympathize...to a degree. (A small degree at that.)  If all you want is a cup of coffee and you choose to get in a line with 22 people in front of you at an ice cream stand, you get what you deserve.  There are plenty of other places on the ship that serve coffee that don't also make time-sucking dessert circuses that one can (and should) go to.  

And where should the people who just want a free ice cream cone go?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, So_Tweetie said:

And where should the people who just want a free ice cream cone go?

To the ice cream stand. There is a big difference between: “I wanted ice cream and I had to wait in a long line at the ice cream stand” and “I wanted coffee and had to wait in a long line at the ice cream stand.”  

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, JimmyVWine said:

To the ice cream stand. There is a big difference between: “I wanted ice cream and I had to wait in a long line at the ice cream stand” and “I wanted coffee and had to wait in a long line at the ice cream stand.”  

The venue is called "Coffee and Cones" and is one of two locations serving espresso drinks on the Caribbean Princess. Regardless, the people wanting free ice cream were understandably not very happy about the wait. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The soft serve area on the Lido deck.  

That's where these are being served on Caribbean Princess. People wanting free ice cream are having to wait in the same line as those wanting Premium Desserts. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Mighty expensive glasses of wine. 

Well, tips and wifi are included as well. From what I’m reading, a decent glass is about 14.00. Sound like a break even to me, never mind the other non alcohol drinks and other things that are included.

It’s not for me.. but everyone makes their own decision. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

We just got off the Caribbean Princess.  The "Premium Desserts" was an absolute joke!  We only tried to get one once.  They were only offered at Coffee and Cones on Lido so between people trying to get their coffee and "normal" ice cream and mixed in with those wanting to try the new desserts the line was usually VERY long.  Once we got to the counter it became very obvious that the girl did not want to make the "DaVinci" dessert.  After watching her finally do so I know why!  Each one takes about 5 minutes to prepare...very labor intensive.  This completely tied up one person in a 3 person crew while they were doing a rather brisk business with the regular orders.  This isn't going to last!  They cannot justify the time spent.

Above is from another thread

15 hours ago, wowzz said:

All I know is that if I buy Princess Plus,  once I deduct the cost of the autotips, after three glasses of wine, I am ahead of the game.

15 hours ago, MissP22 said:

Mighty expensive glasses of wine. 

I grabbed the premier for my May Alaska 10 night. After grats ($17 a day for mini-suites?) and single internet ($15 a day?) even though you get 4, that brings the cost of the beverage package to under $50 a day, not counting the 2 specialty dinners. The rest of the benefits are just fluff, things with the package I may use, but would probably not without it. I'll almost break even with just 2 glasses of Caymus a night ($28-$20=$8) if I want to go extravagant. Will be ahead with just that and any other beverage I have. They do have some nice reds over the plus and under the premier ($17-$18) that I will also be trying, along with both of their McCallan (scotch) offerings ($18). Pretty much the same math, 2 glasses of wine and one other beverage to break even. I might need one more to make up for the wife 😚 (the things us husbands sacrifice for our wives). Offsetting the cost is an extra $200 or so OBC difference from no package to the premier from TA. These are PP, not total. Since this is a rescheduled 10 year anniversary cruise (Yes the Big C interruption), I do expect to splurge a little. We will be visiting my wife's family for 3-4 days pre cruise in the Yakima Valley area of SE Washington, so there will be a few winery trips there also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jwattle said:

Maybe they can start having one line for regular ice cream / coffee and one line for premium desserts.❤

Wouldn't work well for me; I'll need to assess everything on offer and two lines is likely to be too time consuming.

Edited by d9704011
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedIguana said:

I grabbed the premier for my May Alaska 10 night. After grats ($17 a day for mini-suites?) and single internet ($15 a day?) even though you get 4, that brings the cost of the beverage package to under $50 a day, not counting the 2 specialty dinners. The rest of the benefits are just fluff, things with the package I may use, but would probably not without it. I'll almost break even with just 2 glasses of Caymus a night ($28-$20=$8) if I want to go extravagant. Will be ahead with just that and any other beverage I have. They do have some nice reds over the plus and under the premier ($17-$18) that I will also be trying, along with both of their McCallan (scotch) offerings ($18). Pretty much the same math, 2 glasses of wine and one other beverage to break even. I might need one more to make up for the wife 😚 (the things us husbands sacrifice for our wives). Offsetting the cost is an extra $200 or so OBC difference from no package to the premier from TA. These are PP, not total. Since this is a rescheduled 10 year anniversary cruise (Yes the Big C interruption), I do expect to splurge a little. We will be visiting my wife's family for 3-4 days pre cruise in the Yakima Valley area of SE Washington, so there will be a few winery trips there also.

It may work for some folks  but after a number of trips with their unlimited internet and drink package we've realized that we can do without the internet and just bring our own drinks which is more than sufficient. 

We still get the settup and buying the package it's basically lost anyway. 

This way we won't feel forced to overindulge. 

• Like 1

geezus ! everyone seems to be in a rush these days, even on a ship in the middle of the ocean. Not going any where fast any time soon. Relax, fifteen minute wait is a minor inconvenience. Be greateful you tranquility won't be shattered by the snaggly voice of that band camp councilor fortuna luck anymore. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

15 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

It may work for some folks  but after a number of trips with their unlimited internet and drink package we've realized that we can do without the internet and just bring our own drinks which is more than sufficient. 

That is what it comes down to, works for some and not others. On RCL I have the drink vouchers, so no beverage package required, just bring a few bottles onboard and stick to vouchers, brewed coffee and complimentary drinks. I'm not sure I would want to be on the same ship, much less in the same cabin, if I were to try and cruise with either my daughter or wife without an internet package....... I am not that brave🤪

Edited by RedIguana
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

For a 3 week cruise we would need to bring at least a gallon of bourbon an a gallon of vodka and  that might not cover it. We will stick to the plus package and have fun hanging at the bar

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, c-boy said:

geezus ! everyone seems to be in a rush these days, even on a ship in the middle of the ocean. Not going any where fast any time soon. Relax, fifteen minute wait is a minor inconvenience. Be greateful you tranquility won't be shattered by the snaggly voice of that band camp councilor fortuna luck anymore. 

Did they drop the character? I do hope so….

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Did they drop the character? I do hope so….

apparently not. I jumped the gun. Just haven't read anything about the type A+ personality in a couple of months. Perhaps the excitement over premium dessert will pass as did Carmen SanDiego gone wild has. 

Edited by c-boy
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, jwattle said:

Maybe they can start having one line for regular ice cream / coffee and one line for premium desserts.❤

What a concept.  Too logical.  Not going to ever happen.  

It would lengthen the already long line.  The one time (yes, once in the last post covid 5 cruises) I wanted a Mocha milkshake, there was no one in line at Cones.  It took her a long time to make the drink.  There was one other person working.  They were twiddling their thumbs.  

BTW....that was a one and done drink for me.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, memoak said:

For a 3 week cruise we would need to bring at least a gallon of bourbon an a gallon of vodka and  that might not cover it. We will stick to the plus package and have fun hanging at the bar

Since we can't do without Mudslides, Scotch  and Spicy Bloody Mary for DH and trying different flavors of martinis and diet cokes for me, 4 drinks for DH and 3 for me (plus diet coke and water) more than  covers the Plus package.  Plus, we have fun hanging out at Crooners. It only takes one or two days not to have to show our medallions when bar waiters come over.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, So_Tweetie said:

That's where these are being served on Caribbean Princess. People wanting free ice cream are having to wait in the same line as those wanting Premium Desserts. 

Same here on the Emerald, but not too busy when we went. It took about 5 min to prepare it while we sat at an adjacent table. Way over the top for us and we shared one. The hard candy went in the trash. One and done for us. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

Same here on the Emerald, but not too busy when we went. It took about 5 min to prepare it while we sat at an adjacent table. Way over the top for us and we shared one. The hard candy went in the trash. One and done for us. 

Is it possible to just ask them not to put the candy on? Was it like a milkshake on the inside? 

Edited by Happiest when cruising
  • Like 1