Unvaccinated Canadians

winterbliss

We apparently can land cross and vax requirements are lifted for most cruises. So if you can board the ship in Port Everglades, I guess you can return and disembark at Port Everglades without problem. I know it sounds like a ridiculous question, but there's alot of ridiculous stuff.

It depends where your cruise stops and could change at any time. For instance any cruises that stop in Colombia unvaccinated passengers must have a medically observed test before sailing. Some ports will not let unvaccinated get off the ship. You should put the voyage number in the CruiseHealth tool on the Princess website

18 minutes ago, winterbliss said:

We apparently can land cross and vax requirements are lifted for most cruises. So if you can board the ship in Port Everglades, I guess you can return and disembark at Port Everglades without problem. I know it sounds like a ridiculous question, but there's alot of ridiculous stuff.

What's the question?

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, winterbliss said:

Disembark at Port Everglades without any problem??

? What problems are you anticipating? You haven't explained yourself. Why would a Canadian have any problems disembarking at Port Everglades?  Your only possible problems would be when leaving Canada as you have to prove you're vaccinated in order for an airline to fly you into the US.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

? What problems are you anticipating? You haven't explained yourself. Why would a Canadian have any problems disembarking at Port Everglades?  Your only possible problems would be when leaving Canada as you have to prove you're vaccinated in order for an airline to fly you into the US.

I would check into the required vaccinations for entering USA.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, winterbliss said:

We apparently can land cross

Yeah, I'm pretty sure you're wrong there. Best to confirm the requirements for land crossings on the US govt site, The question of getting on or off the cruise ship is moot if you can't even get into the US.

50 minutes ago, Ragdollbd said:

Ambassador Bridge to Detroit, MI.  They ask if we have been vaccinated every time we cross

I've crossed into the U.S. at Sarnia, Fort Erie and Sault Ste. Marie in the last year, Fort Erie as recently as two weeks ago . They ask but do not require proof of vaccination unless you are sent to secondary. It would be a very, very very bad idea to not tell the truth when asked because the consequences of being caught are significant. Get the shots or stay out of the U.S.A. 

Edited by K32682
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, 6rugrats said:

You will be required to show proof of vaccination before flying to the US.  So, your trip is really a nonstarter if you aren't vaccinated. 

They could fly out of the USA. I have relatives in Montreal and Toronto and sometimes used airports near Canada in the US because the flights were cheaper. Also if they were going on a cruise they would drive to Florida and not fly.  But if they check vac status  at land border crossings then that would be problematic. 

2 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

But if they check vac status  at land border crossings then that would be problematic. 

If you had read some of the previous posts, you would have seen that requirements for proof of vax status is the same . A non US citizen cannot enter the US without proof of covid vaccination. OP is not a US citizen.

3 hours ago, mom says said:

If you had read some of the previous posts, you would have seen that requirements for proof of vax status is the same . A non US citizen cannot enter the US without proof of covid vaccination. OP is not a US citizen.

I had read those posts but some were saying they only asked if vaccinated, that they didn’t look at the vaccination documentation at land crossings. Thus if they actually checked it would be problematic if someone said yes and had no documentation. That was the context.  I think it would be stupid to say yes and not have the documentation but we know there are people who do things like that.  

Edited by Charles4515