Capacity of current cruises

JJean

On 2/25/2023 at 6:39 PM, horseymike said:

We have a few X cruises booked , I check back regularly to see if there are any fares going down.

So far the fares have all gone up and cabin availability has gone down on these cruises.

I get the feeling they will sail close to or at capacity.

I am doing the same checking that you are and I am seeing the same thing, horsey mike!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, sanjay said:

How is everyone able to do a mock booking and see how many rooms are available?

Can anyone please check March 19 sailing of Reflection please?

You can go to any online TA site and search for your cruise dates and act as if you’re about to book. Take it as far as choosing your stateroom category and start with the first available category and count the rooms. Then move to the next category and count. There may be an easier way but that’s how I did it. 

We are booked on the April 15th Equinox cruise (47 days from now) and there are tons and tons of Concierge Class, regular veranda and insides available. There is one suite available, it's wildly overpriced. Aqua Class and Ocean view are sold out. It would take a fire sale to sell out the remaining rooms. 

42 minutes ago, jpodds said:

We are booked on the April 15th Equinox cruise (47 days from now) and there are tons and tons of Concierge Class, regular veranda and insides available. There is one suite available, it's wildly overpriced. Aqua Class and Ocean view are sold out. It would take a fire sale to sell out the remaining rooms. 

Yet the Retreat is still selling out at these prices.

The EQ 1/30  cruise was 100% full I was told.  They said there were 20 rooms, I can't remember the term they used, but I assumed they were for entertainers. So there's always going to be that going on.  

Edited by rmalbers

I was on Apex B2B February 11-25. Both sailings were sold out. The second had a zillion kids. Very, very crowded. I was watching capacity, particularly for the second cruise which had a lot of empty cabins until 3 weeks out. All of a sudden, the ship was full—really full. Makes me think there must have been some incentive offered for families with children. Also lots of gamblers.

12 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

You can go to any online TA site and search for your cruise dates and act as if you’re about to book. Take it as far as choosing your stateroom category and start with the first available category and count the rooms. Then move to the next category and count. There may be an easier way but that’s how I did it. 

I agree with Georgia_Peaches because that's how I do it too.  Only takes a little bit of time and some patience but can definitely be worth the effort!

1 hour ago, SusieAV8R said:

And the Retreat is selling out fast.  It may be because deposits are a lot lower than they were precovid. 

The deposits are the same now as I have paid for suites in the past.  What I have found is that booking a CS on board they want $900 pp deposit but if you call the deposit is $450 pp. 

10 hours ago, jelayne said:

The deposits are the same now as I have paid for suites in the past.  What I have found is that booking a CS on board they want $900 pp deposit but if you call the deposit is $450 pp. 

That's because the agents onboard know the rules and the person you call on the phone doesn't or forgets they are booking an upper suite.   The website doesn't know the rules either!

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

That's because the agents onboard know the rules and the person you call on the phone doesn't or forgets they are booking an upper suite.   The website doesn't know the rules either!

CS is not considered an upper suite.  It recently (for me) was $900 pp deposit.  Not sure if this has changed in 2023.

8 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

That’s why I don’t book above a SS on board😂.

On 2/26/2023 at 5:53 PM, sanjay said:

How is everyone able to do a mock booking and see how many rooms are available?

Can anyone please check March 19 sailing of Reflection please?

Go to celebrity, start a booking on your sailing, during room selection and count available rooms

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Go to celebrity, start a booking on your sailing, during room selection and count available rooms

Unless things have changed, prepandemic Celebrity’s website never showed all the available rooms. I used to go to their u.k. website and they did. On some cruises there would literally hundreds of cabins showing. If I couldn’t find one I liked, on my ta’s or Celebrity’s, I would find one on the u.k. site and my ta would get it for me. This also worked when my ta had Group bookings. 
I don’t know if the u.k. site shows all of them now as I have no use for the information.

3 minutes ago, grandgeezer said:

Unless things have changed, prepandemic Celebrity’s website never showed all the available rooms. I used to go to their u.k. website and they did. On some cruises there would literally hundreds of cabins showing. If I couldn’t find one I liked, on my ta’s or Celebrity’s, I would find one on the u.k. site and my ta would get it for me. This also worked when my ta had Group bookings. 
I don’t know if the u.k. site shows all of them now as I have no use for the information.

Good point yet I do find it pretty accurate if you're within a couple of months from the sail date.

What is the Celebrity UK site?

5 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Good point yet I do find it pretty accurate if you're within a couple of months from the sail date.

What is the Celebrity UK site?

It used to be www.celebritycruisesuk.com, or something like that. Tried it and it didn’t work. Found www.celebrity.com/europe/england and that worked. All you have to do is change the departure port from Southampton to whatever you want and you should be good to go. I didn’t take it any farther so I don’t know if the show all available cabins or not.

Good luck.

• Thanks 1