Oceania Website Issues

Carol From California

My "booked cruises" which were there this morning are no longer there. I found out from someone that an excursion I had booked (and I have written confirmation) was cancelled. Oceania did not notify me. So I logged in this morning to see for myself, and sure enough that excursion is no longer listed and removed from my list of booked excursions. So, this afternoon I logged in to choose something else and now the booked cruises are not there. I tried to add it back and it would not work. Something seems to be wrong with their website. Anyone else having problems?

20 minutes ago, Carol From California said:

My "booked cruises" which were there this morning are no longer there. I found out from someone that an excursion I had booked (and I have written confirmation) was cancelled. Oceania did not notify me. So I logged in this morning to see for myself, and sure enough that excursion is no longer listed and removed from my list of booked excursions. So, this afternoon I logged in to choose something else and now the booked cruises are not there. I tried to add it back and it would not work. Something seems to be wrong with their website. Anyone else having problems?

13 minutes ago, cjwags said:

Yes.  having same problem.  Booked cruises not showing up.  Not able to add again.  Looks like technical issues on the part of O.

Oceania's web site undergoes maintenance on weekends, so your cruise information may be flawed and functions often don'twork..  Try again on Monday, when they should be fully restored.  If not, then call your TA

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

it happens  on weekends 

been going on for years

Why they do maintenance on weekends when people want to book excursions or other things I will never know 🙄

It maybe because the other staff is off over weekend and the maintenance doesn’t interfere with their normal operation. Weekend maintenance is very common for other businesses as well.

2 hours ago, Carol From California said:

Our booked cruise is currently shown.  Yours too may be back up now.

42 minutes ago, osandomir said:

It maybe because the other staff is off over weekend and the maintenance doesn’t interfere with their normal operation. Weekend maintenance is very common for other businesses as well.

probably right

they need to do it sometime  so I guess weekends work better 

but they could work the night shift  😉

• Like 3

11 hours ago, osandomir said:

Plus 1.  Many financial institutions do also.  Since this is a hardy perennial thread, it might merit a "sticky" to alert CCers, since O doesn't post these regularly-occurring events on its website.

36 minutes ago, redraider1966 said:

Plus 1.  Many financial institutions do also.  Since this is a hardy perennial thread, it might merit a "sticky" to alert CCers, since O doesn't post these regularly-occurring events on its website.

Our current Mods refuse to do stickies. This is a perfect example of a topic that should be.

Oceania  could put  a banner on the top of their page  stating Maintenance  will be  between 9 am & 10pm or whatever the parameters are

Our local Community site  does that  so why not some big  corporation

• Like 2

We've had a couple issues over the past couple weeks.  Twice our booked 2024 cruise disappeared.  Once it let me re-enter the booking number and it repopulated. The other time it dropped and then appeared the next day.  We are also able to book cooking classes on the Vista now, however when you hit the button to purchase, nothing happens.  Meanwhile, we just booked 2 shore excursions with no problems at all.  Go figure! Our TA is looking into the cooking classes as it would not let her book either. 🤔

On 2/25/2023 at 10:43 PM, osandomir said:

Weekend maintenance is very common for other businesses as well.

Yes, but not to the point where the entire site becomes unusable.  In such a case, the business normally posts a notice, in advance and during the times affected, that some functions/pages may not be available.  Oceania never posts a notice and its clients only find out about this through word of mouth.  Also, Oceania seems to do maintenance every week-end and different functions go out at different times (or simultaneously), making the site unusable for all intents and purposes until Monday.

• Like 1