Princess Cruise Beverage Packages

2disneycruisers

8 hours ago, caribill said:

But unlike the Plus and Premier packages that are a part of the cruise fare, the Zero Alcohol Package does not include internet or tips.

It's still a math exercise.  As pointed out in an earlier post, it's not as if people who don't drink alcohol don't drink other things instead.  As far as I can tell, the No Alcohol package ($39.99 per day plus 18%) + Balcony gratuity ($16) + WiFi ($10) comes out to $73.19 per day.  And you can get all of that for $60 per day by getting Plus.  If you'd rather save money, get Plus.  And if you think that you are only going to spend around $20 per day on non-alcohol drinks, don't get a package. ($23.60 + $16 + $10 = $49.60)  It's not as if people who are buying packages are getting a discount on tips and WiFi and you are not. 

The math certainly supports Princess adding another package at $50 per day, but it's not as if that bundle is going to work out to be a tremendous savings.  But apparently it would make others feel more included and heard, so I suppose it can't hurt to do it.     

Edited by JimmyVWine
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, justafem said:

Supposedly there's a new coffee package.  No idea if the minibar will be tradable for it

https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-adds-new-package-option-for-passengers/95184

Posts on other threads from a couple of ships that have sailed in the past few days say that trade option is no longer available.

Just one more reduction in Elite benefit options.

On 2/26/2023 at 3:05 PM, 2disneycruisers said:

Hello all!
We have an upcoming cruise on Princess….we have heard of recent changes made in regards to beverage plans and packages. We understand the “classic soda package” and “new grounds coffee package” will no longer be available on any Princess Cruise (all cruises after February 20, 2023). Is this true?
Is Princess Cruise Line really trying to force all passengers into purchasing the Princess Plus or Princess Premiere packages? Is there no consideration for passengers who don’t drink alcohol or don’t drink enough to support the cost of these all-in-one packages? Or is this just simply a way for the cruise line to redeem money lost during the pandemic? 

The coffee package is still being sold on the Discovery this week as well as next week.  Not on Sky or Regal.  

IDK if the others have discontinued them.  I’m interested in Enchanted, which sailed today, but haven’t heard yet.

All over the news that Princess added the grounds package a week ago.  Trying to find it to add to my several upcoming bookings and nowhere to be found online to purchase in the drinks area...I could wait on hold for three hours...or just buy my coffee one at a time and realize their website is the absolute worst on the cruise market.  🙂   Wish they would finally get it together over there.  30B in debt, kids all over the place on their cruises now...just turned into a mess.  I really used to LOVE princess.