Beverage Packages

Cruiser155

1 hour ago, Shelly97060 said:

We both have a coffee package and have been getting tea and hot cocoa at no extra charge, including when ordering through the app.  When we get to checkout it shows zero as amount owed.   not sure if all ships are handling the same but that’s how it’s working on Discovery this week.

I heard they also let a b2b guest exchange their mini bar for 2 coffee packages, like they have been doing all along.  They also told them the next sailing it would be the same, if they wanted.

Do they say this is the new beverage package?  

I wanted to know if the Enchanted is doing the same, but no one has responded.  We will be on there next week.  Do you know anyone on that ship now?  TIA

1 hour ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

To add to what tigtraveling said...

You can pick up 2 bottles each every time you get water. This works nicely if you are on your way back to your cabin so you can stock up a bit so they are available in your cabin when you need them. 

On my recent Ruby Princess cruise they were not even selling water like they used to before exiting the ship at a port since many people already had picked it earlier up using their package.

6 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

I heard they also let a b2b guest exchange their mini bar for 2 coffee packages, like they have been doing all along.  They also told them the next sailing it would be the same, if they wanted.

Do they say this is the new beverage package?  

I wanted to know if the Enchanted is doing the same, but no one has responded.  We will be on there next week.  Do you know anyone on that ship now?  TIA

On Discovery they haven’t referred to it as new package, passenger services only said they are transitioning to selling via the app ( although we found the packages in the free Ocean Concierge and not the app).

I haven’t heard anything from Enchanted, sorry! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, caribill said:

On my recent Ruby Princess cruise they were not even selling water like they used to before exiting the ship at a port since many people already had picked it earlier up using their package.

Our Mediterranean cruise in November wasn't selling water at the gangways on the way off the ship (Island Princess) but our Caribbean cruise just a couple weeks ago was (Regal Princess). Might be weather, port, or boat staffing dependent? Not really sure.

2 minutes ago, tigtraveling said:

Our Mediterranean cruise in November wasn't selling water at the gangways on the way off the ship (Island Princess) but our Caribbean cruise just a couple weeks ago was (Regal Princess). Might be weather, port, or boat staffing dependent? Not really sure.

Pre Plus and Premier packages, selling water as you exited the ship was a profit center.

With about 75% of passengers now getting free water with one of those packages, I suspect Princess does not see a need to supply personnel to hand out "free" water bottles.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, tigtraveling said:

Got to love Princess selling bottles of water at four times the price than in the nearest supermarket ! 

2 minutes ago, caribill said:

Pre Plus and Premier packages, selling water as you exited the ship was a profit center.

With about 75% of passengers now getting free water with one of those packages, I suspect Princess does not see a need to supply personnel to hand out "free" water bottles.

Ah yep! And then there's that. It all comes down to the bottom line for sure. Personnel to profit ratio or how many people have the plus or premier beverage packages on any given voyage. 

13 minutes ago, caribill said:

Ha!  Exactly.  

All, I understand that you can add the soda package by phoning your travel agent. The only problem is I have found varying prices. It should be $12.99 per day plus 18% as per the website but people are getting all sorts of prices from their travel agent, the price I have been quoted is certainly higher than $12.99.

If anyone has tried to add this through their travel agent can they please let me know the price quoted?

29 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

Millions of plastic bottles for water, and yet we can't have a plastic straw instead of a paper one that starts to biodegrade as soon as it hits my frozen coffee drink.

That would be a nice gift for Elites.  A 5 pk set of reusable princess metal straws.  

Oops, I forgot, they don’t give us gifts.  We have to play games to get gifts.

🙄

4 hours ago, startedwithamouse said:

Much easier for straws to go overboard from a ship than a water bottle. 

Check Wikipedia for "The Great Pacific Garbage Patch"

"The same 2018 study found that, while microplastic dominate the area by count, 92% of the mass of the patch is comprised out of larger objects which have not yet fragmented into microplastics. Some of the plastic in the patch is over 50 years old, and includes items (and fragments of items) such as "plastic lighters, toothbrushes, water bottles, pens, baby bottles, cell phones, plastic bags, and nurdles."

Don't see straws listed there, but plastic bottles are. Must be a lot of them being blown overboard.

I find it humorous that the International Cafe will serve me a frozen coffee drink in a plastic cup with a plastic lid, but makes me use a paper straw that is next to worthless. (After my first experience with paper straws, I now carry plastic straws with me.  I also carry a refillable plastic water bottle and use it instead of several plastic water bottles)

On 2/28/2023 at 1:00 PM, voljeep said:

Spend some time in an AIRPORT bar ... then you will appreciate Princess prices 🤑

Was in Shipol airport last September. Cold 24(Think 24 and not 20) oz Heineken cans were $3.50. Priced in Euro but with the exchange rate back then everything was relatively cheap. Except the airfare:).

Edited by RedIguana