CHEERS ON DEBARKATION

Robpuffdaddy

I have one specific question on Cheers and it relates to the morning we get off the ship.  Will I be able to go to to the Java Blue coffee shop on the morning before we leave the ship and get our coffee and be covered by Cheers?  I am not looking for any alcoholic drinks that morning, just my coffee.  What are your recent experiences with Cheers and the coffee bar?

As long as you had cheers on day 1, you can get coffee on cheers on debarkation morning. Debarkation morning counts as the part of day 1 before you got on this ship. Ports like Galveston and New York that don’t have cheers on day 1, you can’t get the cheers coffee on debarkation day. Other ports you can.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just off the Mardi Gras this past weekend.  I was able to use Cheers on debarkation morning at JavaBlue.  However - note 2 things.  1) They did not permit any alcohol drinks on debarkation morning, only non-alcoholic ones (specialty coffees, Powerade, soda, etc.), and 2) Since we were in a US port, tax was charged on the transaction.  Hope this helps!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, d-train said:

I used Cheers at Java Blue on Horizon out of NYC on debark morning.

They even gave me bottled/canned drinks to take with me.

So YMMV in every case I think.

Did they have Cheers on day 1 back then? Because I had to pay for my coffee on Magic in September.

I have had it go both ways.  Most times I was able to use my Cheers at the coffee shop for an iced latte.  One time I had to pay cash.  Both times I was charged a little extra port taxes (bc we were back in our homeport).  I thought maybe the one time I had to pay cash was because it was passed the cutoff for the day (which I think is 6am), and that was one time that were delayed getting off the ship, so likely hanging around longer.

5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Did they have Cheers on day 1 back then? Because I had to pay for my coffee on Magic in September.

no alcohol on cheers on day 1 for sure. But we used cheers for non alcoholic drinks day 1.

debarkation day I had a spiked coffee too…probably was not technically allowed with Nys rules…

34 minutes ago, d-train said:

no alcohol on cheers on day 1 for sure. But we used cheers for non alcoholic drinks day 1.

debarkation day I had a spiked coffee too…probably was not technically allowed with Nys rules…

That doesn’t sound right. It’s all or nothing. If you can’t use cheers for alcohol day 1 they don’t sell you cheers day 1.

23 minutes ago, cc31063 said:

NCL allows you to use beverage package on day1 out of NYC. Why not Carnival?

Because either NCL flouts the law regarding NY State taxation of the sale of alcohol, or they simply absorb the added costs in their overall cost of operations and pay what they estimate to be the proper stamp taxes (or whatever they are considered).

On 2/27/2023 at 10:57 AM, kelkel2 said:

I had absolutely zero problems using my cheers package for coffee on debarkation day. 

Same here.

17 hours ago, jsparents said:

I got a spiked coffee on debarkation day without an issue.

Under the Cheers package, after 6am?  Or did they just let you pay for it?

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Same here.

Under the Cheers package, after 6am?  Or did they just let you pay for it?

Yes I absolutely used my cheers package after 6am for coffee and did not pay. 

On 2/27/2023 at 10:52 AM, ray98 said:

I've got coffee with Cheers during debarking on pretty much every cruise.

New York?     very different beast.     Although we purchased cheers-- its not good until 6am on day 2    not good at all that first day-- not even once you get to international waters    So i would think that last day would be treated like the first 

• Like 1