No exchanges anymore for mini bar to coffee?

teacherplus

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

Currently on the Princess web site

"Yes, you can make changes on board through CrewCall Chat or by dialing room service. Mini bottles of liquor can be exchanged for either the same size of a different type of liquor or beer on a one-to-one basis. You can also exchange the entire setup for: a bottle of wine, coffee cards, sodas only or waters only."

Can you let me know where this is found on the web site.  Would like to reference it if we have trouble exchanging  liquor for liquor and cans for cans.  That's all we exchange.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Can you let me know where this is found on the web site.  Would like to reference it if we have trouble exchanging  liquor for liquor and cans for cans.  That's all we exchange.

https://book.princess.com/captaincircle/membershipFAQ.page

Captain circle membership FAQ

Sentence next to the last hyperlink.  Customize mini bar….

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, coo359a2 said:

Wasn't me that posted that quote, but look here: 

Wasn't me that posted that quote, but look here: 

1 hour ago, PacnGoNow said:

Captain circle membership FAQ

Sentence next to the last hyperlink.  Customize mini bar….

Thanks to both.  Will print out to take next Sunday.

19 hours ago, pompeii said:

It's definitely in writing on the Princess site.  I know all things are subject to change at Princess' whim, but here is the policy in writing:

image.thumb.png.5d03f831f5c609fe34361fdb00ddb88a.png

Could not find the FAQ policy on the Princess site. Please help and tell me where on the Princess site. Our cruise will be in 3 weeks and so disappointed if cannot exchange for coffee cards.

5 minutes ago, hellopuppies said:

Could not find the FAQ policy on the Princess site. Please help and tell me where on the Princess site. Our cruise will be in 3 weeks and so disappointed if cannot exchange for coffee cards.

Try this link:  Captain Circle : Membership FAQs (princess.com)

Or if for some reason the link doesn't work, it's under My Account, Captain's Circle, Membership FAQ.     

Edited by pompeii

21 minutes ago, hellopuppies said:

Be prepared for the change.  I too, feel the same as you. Very disappointed.

But, don’t forget, there are disclaimers all over the website, that prices, terms and conditions can change at any time and without notice. 

• Like 3

Just now, PacnGoNow said:

Be prepared for the change.  I too, feel the same as you. Very disappointed.

But, don’t forget, there are disclaimers all over the website, that prices, terms and conditions can change at any time and without notice. 

I just need to be able to exchange all cans for diet coke and I will be a happy cruiser.  Will post what happens when we board next Sunday on the Regal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, coo359a2 said:

I just need to be able to exchange all cans for diet coke and I will be a happy cruiser.  Will post what happens when we board next Sunday on the Regal.

It reads like you will be able to do that. Maybe they are just getting rid of the mixing and matching, to speed things up. 

20 hours ago, highflyingrealtor said:

Just did this swap on the Sky. Quick call to room service was all it took. Funny, we were on so early (10:30) that room service was still working their way up the hall. They hadn’t even stocked the bar yet so we saved them a little time by getting the coffee packages. 😎

We just got off the Sky, the 2/25 sailing which must have been the one you were on. I called room service pretty much as soon as we got on the ship, and they turned me down flat on swapping the mini bar for coffee packages. Said that option was discontinued. Either they like you better than they like me, or you were lucky in who you talked to. 🙂

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sea Hag said:

We just got off the Sky, the 2/25 sailing which must have been the one you were on. I called room service pretty much as soon as we got on the ship, and they turned me down flat on swapping the mini bar for coffee packages. Said that option was discontinued. Either they like you better than they like me, or you were lucky in who you talked to. 🙂

It sounds like a newer crew member.  

You should have asked for his supervisor. 

4 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I don't know about that. Right around that timeframe others were reporting the same result I got. I chose not to argue the point. Just to go away and complain about it. 😂 

7 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

I don't think so.  Let's realize folks that the coffee program is gone and one single ship exception situation doesn't make it otherwise.  No doubt that one ship situation will change.  

It was an odd program in a way to  begin with considering a flat rate per voyage and not by the day.  Anything economical has been banished. 

I do maintain that we will still be able to swap alcohol and non-alcohol items as we have always done. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

I don't think so.  Let's realize folks that the coffee program is gone and one single ship exception situation doesn't make it otherwise.  No doubt that one ship situation will change.  

It was an odd program in a way to  begin with considering a flat rate per voyage and not by the day.  Anything economical has been banished. 

I do maintain that we will still be able to swap alcohol and non-alcohol items as we have always done. 

I've whined a lot about not getting to swap for coffee packages, but I was actually pretty happy with swapping for all sparkling water. That was really nice to have waiting in the fridge on those hot days.

4 minutes ago, Sea Hag said:

I've whined a lot about not getting to swap for coffee packages, but I was actually pretty happy with swapping for all sparkling water. That was really nice to have waiting in the fridge on those hot days.

And I have no doubt we can still do that.  My "go to" is to swap all non-alcohol for Perrier and all alcohol for beer brand of our choice(s).

• Like 1

I saw this article yesterday, so it's possible that a new coffee option is on the way which might be priced/sized depending on the length of the cruise

Princess Cruises Adds New Package Option for Passengers

https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-adds-new-package-option-for-passengers/95184?fbclid=IwAR2koNB6Ixm7PL1fv3DhoentKEHiKBF5auqRsshiRZ8tTUnEPxwNe5A3ALU

You've got me.

We already switched everything for wine but I'll inquire about other switches on the Enchanted, if I can get through to ask a question.  This cruise is packed and everything is bogged down 

• Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, OccasionalSanta said:

I saw this article yesterday, so it's possible that a new coffee option is on the way which might be priced/sized depending on the length of the cruise

Princess Cruises Adds New Package Option for Passengers

https://www.cruisehive.com/princess-cruises-adds-new-package-option-for-passengers/95184?fbclid=IwAR2koNB6Ixm7PL1fv3DhoentKEHiKBF5auqRsshiRZ8tTUnEPxwNe5A3ALU

It would have been nice if Ms. Mayntz, the article’s author, had included a link to where she corroborated this information on the Princess Cruises website.  Better still if Princess had made the information about the “new” program available to the staff!  🤪  I am looking forward to seeing the first post from someone saying something along the lines of, “I am currently on — Princess and just purchased the new Coffee Grounds package,” or even posts a screenshot of the pre-cruise purchase option… 

Edited by kamelia
  • Like 1

I tried multiple times the first three days of my Caribbean Princess sailing in December to get through to room service to switch out the mini for beer and water. Could never get through and didn’t fancy spending entire holiday in cabin dialing room service. Crew call in app alway said “no operators available” or some such. Cabin steward and guest services no help - call room service. Total clown show and I gave up. Had the Plus package so in end was not an issue, but it was more the principal. Drank the soft drinks we wanted from the mini and left the rest

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sea Hag said:

I think from another post that they were on thr 2/18 sailing. Since the change went into effect on 2/20 they asked before the coffee card went away  You asked after.

2 hours ago, kamelia said:

It would have been nice if Ms. Mayntz, the article’s author, had included a link to where she corroborated this information on the Princess Cruises website.  Better still if Princess had made the information about the “new” program available to the staff!  🤪  I am looking forward to seeing the first post from someone saying something along the lines of, “I am currently on — Princess and just purchased the new Coffee Grounds package,” or even posts a screenshot of the pre-cruise purchase option… 

You may be looking for quite a while.

All indications are that the coffee card program is gone. All that is left is the 12 bottles of water, 6 can of soft drinks, and the per day per person programs.

7 minutes ago, ldtr said:

You may be looking for quite a while.

All indications are that the coffee card program is gone. All that is left is the 12 bottles of water, 6 can of soft drinks, and the per day per person programs.

Just by way of information, we were allowed to swap out for a bottle of wine, our choice of red or white, so as of two days ago, that was still an option.

Edited by kamelia
clarification
  • Like 2