Puerto Princesa, Palawan Island, Philippines 08:00 - 17:00

image.thumb.png.590af4aad3dac7967ae9914c0be53845.png

image.thumb.png.158fc6841117c11a0b7e25c8d72078e3.png

Sandi for Rich and Roy

Edited by StLouisCruisers
spellling
  • Like 23
  • Thanks 15

Good morning from a wet 46°F North East England.

Rabbit Rabbit white Rabbit 🐇.

Many thanks for starting today's daily reports Sandi @StLouisCruisers.

3 interesting days.

Peanut butter is not a food I eat because it is not freely available where I live.

Today's food and drink sound good.

Today's quote doesn't relate to me.

Prayers 🙏 for good health for everyone who is poorly.

Lets hope March is the start of better weather and better health for us all.

Take care and stay safe.

Graham.

Screenshot_20230301_102514.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 30
  • Thanks 5

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

Where do I start. Peanut butter lover’s day. That’s me. Everyday I have some peanut butter for breakfast on almost anything. That jingle, “Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don’t.” I always feel like a nut!  Surprised!
Peace Corp is a great day for many. Years ago on a cruise through the Panama Canal we stopped at Costa Rica. I took a cab with a couple from Toronto,Canada to a butterfly farm where they bought the cocoons from to display the butterfly in a business they had. It was magnificent! The Owner was a man from New England, went to Dartmouth, then went in the Peace Corps 25 years earlier. His assignment was Costa Rica and stayed there and founded this butterfly farm that shipped the cocoons all over the world to places that had butterfly exhibits.

And finally National Pig Day. One of my favorites. Me and the Misses will be going to Sonny’s BBQ today for some pork bbq not only to celebrate this day but also for a birthday! There are many types of pigs out there. My two most famous pigs was the piggy bank and Porky Pig. As in the words of PP, Th..Th..Th..The..Th..Th.. That’s All Folk’s

FB095CB4-A496-451D-BEB0-044DEA53D36C.thumb.png.3413bc07b3504d22be48774e828bcea0.png

Edited by RedneckBob
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, RedneckBob said:

Thanks for the Fleet update and general info.

Where do I start. Peanut butter lover’s day. That’s me. Everyday I have some peanut butter for breakfast on almost anything. That jingle, “Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometimes I don’t.” I always feel like a nut!  Surprised!
Peace Corp is a great day for many. Years ago on a cruise through the Panama Canal we stopped at Costa Rica. I took a cab with a couple from Toronto,Canada to a butterfly farm where they bought the cocoons from to display the butterfly in a business they had. It was magnificent! The Owner was a man from New England, went to Dartmouth, then went in the Peace Corps 25 years earlier. His assignment was Costa Rica and stayed there and founded this butterfly farm that shipped the cocoons all over the world to places that had butterfly exhibits.

And finally National Pig Day. One of my favorites. Me and theMisses will be going to Sonny’s BBQ today for some pork bbq not only to celebrate this day but also for a birthday! There are many types of pigs out there. My two most famous pigs was the piggy bank and Porky Pig. As in the words of PP, Th..Th..Th..The..Th..Th.. That’s All Folk’s!

Happy birthday.

79569638189c5e9b97608205eb1786cc_w200.gif

• Like 16

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!🐇  Good morning this first day of March.  Here in my neck of the woods it is 57F, cloudy with a high expected of 76.  Today I have nothing planned except to keep up.  I did sleep last night thanks to a Benadryl and hope everyone else got some rest too.  Thank you to Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet report content he provided and I hope he is enjoying his cruise so far.  Sounds like he has from his postings.  Thanks in advance to all our posters new and old but especially Vanessa @JazzyVfor the lists and the Food and Beverage ladies.  We really appreciate you!

Today our celebration days are National Pig Day🐷.   I hadn't thought about them much but ironic today's meal is pork chops.  Ouch!  It is also Peace Corps Day which is a good one since everyone wants peace worldwide.  In addition we have Peanut Butter Lovers Day.  I like it as do most of us I bet.  Hopefully none here are allergic.  An interesting quote and a strange sounding drink.  The shiraz would be nice I would think, provided you like red wine.  The port is Saguenay, Quebec, Canada which is the third time for that destination.  It was first posted here May 13, 2021 and last time was July 19, 2022.  My one and only New England cruise did not go to that destination.  Here are links to Rich's post those dates.

Prayers today for all on the Care list and I'm sure we have quite a few people listed.  Just yesterday we heard from some members on the challenges they face so be assured we are thinking of you, supporting you and praying for you.🙏  There are also people around the world facing things that no one wants to endure.  Ukraine citizens, the earthquake victims and their families, people with toxic air, water, and soil in East Palestine, Ohio.  Those involved in cyclones in New Zealand.  Praying for peace and calm on earth!  But in addition we can rejoice with those with good news and happy events such as holidays especially on our favorite mode of transportation - cruising!  Enjoy life while you can!!🙂🥂🎉

I hope I haven't forgotten anything or anyone!  If so I will be back later, and will be reading all about your days!  Have a great one!

• Like 22
  • Thanks 7

14 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!🐇  Good morning this first day of March.  Here in my neck of the woods it is 57F, cloudy with a high expected of 76.  Today I have nothing planned except to keep up.  I did sleep last night thanks to a Benadryl and hope everyone else got some rest too.  Thank you to Rich @richwmnfor the Daily and Fleet report content he provided and I hope he is enjoying his cruise so far.  Sounds like he has from his postings.  Thanks in advance to all our posters new and old but especially Vanessa @JazzyVfor the lists and the Food and Beverage ladies.  We really appreciate you!

Today our celebration days are National Pig Day🐷.   I hadn't thought about them much but ironic today's meal is pork chops.  Ouch!  It is also Peace Corps Day which is a good one since everyone wants peace worldwide.  In addition we have Peanut Butter Lovers Day.  I like it as do most of us I bet.  Hopefully none here are allergic.  An interesting quote and a strange sounding drink.  The shiraz would be nice I would think, provided you like red wine.  The port is Saguenay, Quebec, Canada which is the third time for that destination.  It was first posted here May 13, 2021 and last time was July 19, 2022.  My one and only New England cruise did not go to that destination.  Here are links to Rich's post those dates.

Prayers today for all on the Care list and I'm sure we have quite a few people listed.  Just yesterday we heard from some members on the challenges they face so be assured we are thinking of you, supporting you and praying for you.🙏  There are also people around the world facing things that no one wants to endure.  Ukraine citizens, the earthquake victims and their families, people with toxic air, water, and soil in East Palestine, Ohio.  Those involved in cyclones in New Zealand.  Praying for peace and calm on earth!  But in addition we can rejoice with those with good news and happy events such as holidays especially on our favorite mode of transportation - cruising!  Enjoy life while you can!!🙂🥂🎉

I hope I haven't forgotten anything or anyone!  If so I will be back later, and will be reading all about your days!  Have a great one!

Thanks for the update and thank goodness you got over the RNB sleeping disorder! I also did better. I was now 13 minutes behind reading your initial posts! 😀

• Like 17

2 minutes ago, RedneckBob said:

Ok folks, now that StLouisCruisers, grapau27 and me have hogged this thread on pig day, it’s time for others to chime in!

It's 10.58am in the UK as we are at least 5 hours ahead of everyone on here.

I'm looking forward to everyone's posts.

Graham.

• Like 16

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  Today’s meal suggestion sounds really good.  I’m planning on cleaning out the freezer a bit and make chicken barley soup for dinner.  I was born in the year of the pig, many years ago I had a belt with pigs on it.  Yesterday’s storm was a bust in our area, sounds like the end of the week will be stormy.

I hope everyone has a good day today.

image.png.f97f5c40256bb5609056250a48f6368b.png

• Like 22
  • Haha 13

Rabbit  Rabbit  White Rabbit

Good morning.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

Welcome March, please be a good month.  Not a bad day in the forecast for us today.  Currently it's 12°C (28°F) with a high of 3°C (37°F) and cloudy.  At least it's not snowing.🙂  Bertie and I will head out for a walk soon.  I wonder if we'll see any rabbits?

A  good collection of days.  I love peanut butter.  I made peanut butter cookies the other day.  A salute to the Peace Corp.  Not sure if we should have pork chops for dinner on National Pig Day.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.  The drink sounds like dessert.  I hope the wine is tasty.

Thanks in advance for pictures of today's port.

Prayers for many.

Have a great day.

Stay safe.

• Like 28

Good morning. Yesterday's  snow melt refroze on the steps ,sidewalks and cars since it is only 30 degrees so far.I took the dogs out one at a time  and was a little nervous doing it.They are really good on the leash but both love to bounce around in the snow.I was afraid they would take me with them.

We have not been to the port and like the idea of the meal.I am odd in that I heartily dislike peanut butter.I think I had too much of it growing up.

I salute the Peace Core and Pig  Day.

DH has to have further tests to explore the issues found on the scan done on Monday.Today we have an early appointment  with another MD .Busy week!

DD is moving to our side of the house for the morning  so that we can leave and Tana has help.I hope all goes well.She works from home and is always on a call or a zoom thing.

@aliaschief, Bruce, a very Happy Birthday to you!

• Like 30

Rabbit, rabbit, white rabbit!

Chocolate Covered Berries cocktail:

Ingredients
2 parts Pinnacle® Red Berry Vodka
1 part DeKuyper® Creme de Cocoa White Liqueur
1 part Pinnacle® Chocolate Whipped® Vodka
Chocolate Shavings
Raspberries

Instructions
Rim martini glass with shaved chocolate. Shake with ice, strain into prepared martini glass and garnish with raspberries.

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 6.58.57 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 8

Today’s care list:

Roy recovering from pneumonia

Lazey1 with multiple medical issues

Cruising-along’s kidney issues, seeing Nephrologist this week; DH with cough

Tupper10 seeing back surgeon this Thursday

Our sleepless Dailyites

Cruzin Terri shouldering a lot since the house flood

Citizens of Ukraine/New Zealand/Earthquake victims/E. Palestine & PA residents

From the rotation:

Jacqui recovering from elbow surgery

NextOne’s upcoming cardiology appointment 

Former President Jimmy Carter in home hospice care

Scrapnana undergoing chemotherapy

Celebrations and Shout outs:

Happy Birthday Bruce (Aliaschief)!

Luvteaching’s DH’s continued improvement and hospital release this week

Cruising sister in Las Vegas 

3 days for Suslor (Zaandam 3/4 to 3/18)

4 days for TAW1963 (Ruby Princess 3/5 to 3/12)

Lady Hudson (Enchantment of the Seas to 3/3), Mr. Boston (Celebrity Millennium to 3/4), RMLincoln family cruise (Rotterdam to 3/8), SusieKIslandGirl (Noordam to 3/11), Cruisercl (NCL Bliss to 3/12), ottahand7 and Lindaler (Volendam to 3/18), Seasick Sailor and 57redbird (Koningsdam to 3/25), Norseh2o (Oceania Marina to 4/6), and Cat in My Lap, Gail&Marty, Richwmn and HorizonChaser1957 (Zuiderdam to 5/12) at sea

• Like 18
  • Thanks 14

Rabbit, Rabbit, White Rabbit! Wishing all the Dailyites a lucky and happy March!

I love peanut butter and always think of Jimmy Carter's mother (Miss Lillian) when I hear about the Peace Corps - she joined when she was 65! I wouldn't mind some pork BBQ for dinner tonight, but the church is serving soup before the midweek service.

Happy Birthday Bruce! And congrats to RNB for getting an early start on his!

Have a good day, all!

• Like 25

Rabbit, Rabbit,White Rabbit.  Thank you Rich,  Sandi, Vanessa, F&B ladies, and all our contributors, especially the newcomers.  I think I slept well last night and even a bit later than planned.  A cold start to the day but I hope for some warmup, but probably not enough to go with a light jacket.

Roy

• Like 29
  • Thanks 1