Coco Beach Club on CocoCay- worth it?

22 minutes ago, time4u2go said:

Most of the times that Icon is there over the next few months, it is with another ship.

I would expect that to be the case especially once Hideaway Beach is open. The purpose of that beach was to increase capacity in anticipation of Icon.

3 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I looked at a lot of dates and I couldn't find any in 2024 that another ship was there, but maybe that site has the schedule wrong.

Using this site:

https://cruisedig.com/ports/coco-cay-bahamas/arrivals

Look at February.  On February 2, 9, and 16, Icon is there with another ship.

Also look here:

https://www.cruisemapper.com/ports/coco-cay-port-392?tab=schedule&month=2024-02#schedule

Edited by time4u2go
  • Thanks 1

I'm there next on Odyssey and we will be joined by Wonder. This is pretty much the same passenger count as Icon and a voyager class ship which is how they seem to be pairing them. Unless you are one of the lucky ones to get there as the only ship which seems pretty rare you will be joined by 10K to 11K of your closest friends. Still plenty to do for everyone.

40 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

I looked at a lot of dates and I couldn't find any in 2024 that another ship was there, but maybe that site has the schedule wrong.

that site must not be correct. Cruisemapper is showing Icon with Mariner literally every single Friday starting with Icon's first visit on Feb 2nd.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BecciBoo said:

There are no other ships with ICON when we are there  September 13th so I suspect they will limit the ships when she is there.

It does seem for your sailing that you're currently the only ship that one date.  Other weeks in the fall have Icon and Adventure paired up.  By then they are also working in Utopia as well as some Celebrity ships. So you lucked out, at least for now, that you're sailing seems to not have another ship there with you. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Denversail said:

I would expect that to be the case especially once Hideaway Beach is open. The purpose of that beach was to increase capacity in anticipation of Icon.

Hideaway is $26 right now.  Wondering if it’s worth the price as well.  Just want/need a shaded lounger and my book. 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mrobstad said:

Hideaway is $26 right now.  Wondering if it’s worth the price as well.  Just want/need a shaded lounger and my book. 

I had booked it for my Feb Anthem cruise for much the same reason... Then I read about the DJs and such. Doesn't sound like a nice calm place for reading, unfortunately.

• Like 1

On 11/14/2023 at 10:38 AM, budmeister said:

We had no problems eating at the beach club, they only brought the vegan starters (double portion, which wasn't needed since it's a lot of food) and a vegan burger with grilled veggies and the fries.  The bun fell apart but it was all really good!

2 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

I had booked it for my Feb Anthem cruise for much the same reason... Then I read about the DJs and such. Doesn't sound like a nice calm place for reading, unfortunately.

Agree that this will be 'party central' much like the big huge pool parties at Las Vegas hotels. Nonstop DJ keeping the 'vibe' going.  Also, on the other end is the full sports bar with lots of TVs as well as things like a pool table and shuffleboard.

28 minutes ago, KBS1607 said:

We booked an over the water bungalow as a splurge. We did not pay $3800 for it. 

I can’t fly extremely long distances so this is my ‘Tahiti’ substitute. 

One of the stops on the western route has these. I think they are maybe $500-800 for the day. I want to say it is Roatan. Not as far as Tahiti and not as pricey as coco cay.

Well, this is our only travel for the foreseeable future. Our 5 year old Scottie has bladder cancer. We just found out. And the cat in my avatar is 18. 

He will start treatment the Tuesday after we get back. I will remember that tip for the future. 

Edited by KBS1607
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Poo, still $62.99 pp for our ICON.  But thanks, I've been keeping a daily check on both our next cruises.  Picked up the $15 Chops lunch on boarding day on our Voyager.  But ICON remains pretty steep.

I see it’s down to $26 for @mrobstadnow. Looks like my price has stayed at $34 for now on both cruises that stop there. Beach Club still at $124.

Ha it's $279 on ICON!

Not a chance I’d be paying that! 😱

There are no other ships with ICON when we are there  September 13th so I suspect they will limit the ships when she is there.

I think out date there on Wonder is September 9. 

On 11/15/2023 at 4:06 PM, KBS1607 said:

Well, this is our only travel for the foreseeable future. Our 5 year old Scottie has bladder cancer. We just found out. And the cat in my avatar is 18. 

He will start treatment the Tuesday after we get back. I will remember that tip for the future. 

I'm pulling for your Scottie.

• Like 2

On 11/15/2023 at 11:30 AM, mrobstad said:

Hideaway Beach is  a party beach with a DJ. If you are looking for a quiet spot, this might not be the place for you. Take a look at RCCL promotional photos and videos.  
m

As 2 adults, no kids, who love quiet beaches, had the drink package, and paid under $100- we loved it!  I’m skipping it for my cruise with mom (she’s thrifty, and I am positive she’ll love the free beaches).  On my next cruise with DH, it’s $150, we won’t have the drink package, so we’re going to try Hideway Beach, just to see what it’s like, since I got a great deal on it ($40).  If it’s too loud, we’ll just grab a slice from the new pizza place and leave.

fun fact- DH thought free drinks were included at the beach club!  He didn’t realize it was because we had the drink package.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, vacationlover_mn said:

As 2 adults, no kids, who love quiet beaches, had the drink package, and paid under $100- we loved it!  I’m skipping it for my cruise with mom (she’s thrifty, and I am positive she’ll love the free beaches).  On my next cruise with DH, it’s $150, we won’t have the drink package, so we’re going to try Hideway Beach, just to see what it’s like, since I got a great deal on it ($40).  If it’s too loud, we’ll just grab a slice from the new pizza place and leave.

fun fact- DH thought free drinks were included at the beach club!  He didn’t realize it was because we had the drink package.

No free drinks at Hideaway Beach either.  Let him know unless he likes surprises when he sees the final day invoice.   😀

If you have any RCCL loyalty status you can use the drink benefits at Hideaway beach. 

Have fun

M

10 hours ago, DontTreadOnMe said:

I'm pulling for your Scottie.

Thank you so much. Not so fun fact: Scotties are 58% more likely to get bladder cancer. Purdue University vet school has been studying it for years trying to figure out why. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

No free drinks at Hideaway Beach either.  Let him know unless he likes surprises when he sees the final day invoice.   😀

If you have any RCCL loyalty status you can use the drink benefits at Hideaway beach. 

Have fun

M

I already warned him that we’ll have to use our vouchers there 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1