Navigator App Upload Pic

whtabtbob

Do you need to upload a picture to the navigator app in order to utilize the facial recognition check in during embarkation? I called customer service and they couldn't answer how or where, telling me to contact Navigator support by email. They have not responded. I haven't been able to locate anywhere for an upload. We sail in 12 days, so thinking maybe that service pops up closer to departure. 

I've loaded pictures the past two trips for both hubby and me. And both times, hubby passed right on through, and I was hauled aside and had to retake the picture. Not sure if it was because it was a selfie (so backwards) or not.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:16 PM, whtabtbob said:

Do you need to upload a picture to the navigator app in order to utilize the facial recognition check in during embarkation? I called customer service and they couldn't answer how or where, telling me to contact Navigator support by email. They have not responded. I haven't been able to locate anywhere for an upload. We sail in 12 days, so thinking maybe that service pops up closer to departure. 

No picture in Navigator, but we have pictures in Verifly and HAL still took pictures at embarkations.

On 3/3/2023 at 7:16 PM, Dismomx5 said:

Not sure if it was because it was a selfie (so backwards) or not.

That happened to my husband and me on another cruise line also.  I think your explanation about it being backwards is probably correct.  Didn't think of that!

• Like 1

On 3/3/2023 at 7:16 PM, Dismomx5 said:

I've loaded pictures the past two trips for both hubby and me. And both times, hubby passed right on through, and I was hauled aside and had to retake the picture. Not sure if it was because it was a selfie (so backwards) or not.

Our APP is not allowing us to upload or take pic pre-cruise.  I have deleted APP, added it again, restarted my phone.  RCCL worked perfectly pre-cruise.  I give up.  Any ideas?