News on Silver Nova

John117

Currently working on a transfer to the Dawn transatlantic with my TA, not helped by SS not answering their phones promptly. The acid test will be whether they will honour the 2 category suite upgrade that we had on the Nova cruise. At least they can’t bin the sea days on a transatlantic, I hope! 😎

15 hours ago, Silver Spectre said:

Currently working on a transfer to the Dawn transatlantic with my TA, not helped by SS not answering their phones promptly. The acid test will be whether they will honour the 2 category suite upgrade that we had on the Nova cruise. At least they can’t bin the sea days on a transatlantic, I hope! 😎

Well good luck with the transfer. I am surprised that you decided to stick with Silversea after the way they have treated you on your last 2 cruises.

We haven't decided what to do as yet. I did complain to BM and Guest Relations but of course I haven't had a reply.

I am still pursuing options with my TA but not hopeful. Not a disaster if we have to cancel as we have a Seabourn and Regent cruise booked between now and September.

49 minutes ago, John117 said:

Well good luck with the transfer. I am surprised that you decided to stick with Silversea after the way they have treated you on your last 2 cruises.

We haven't decided what to do as yet. I did complain to BM and Guest Relations but of course I haven't had a reply.

I am still pursuing options with my TA but not hopeful. Not a disaster if we have to cancel as we have a Seabourn and Regent cruise booked between now and September.

We still wanted to do something with plenty of sea days and we have friends on the Dawn t/a. We have sailed extensively with SS since 2004 and have rarely had any issues when on the ships. We have had the occasional cancellation, change to a charter etc, or in the case of the last year, two complete reschedules. Prior to the pandemic we have always been able to work something out with the London office, but things have changed dramatically over the last 18 months.

At present it’s a balance between loving the ship board product and hating the office based chaos and appalling lack of communication. Without being more specific it comes down to the current leadership or lack of it.

• Like 3

On 3/5/2023 at 10:19 AM, John117 said:

We are booked to sail on Nova at the end of September 2023 and I wondered if anybody had a source where I can find out how the construction/fitting out is progressing? Her first cruise is scheduled for mid August which is just 5 months away now so hopefully she is well underway?

It's been reported the ship will be floated out in the next month. The ship is already technically floating in the Meyer Werft building shed. A few photos seen across social media, taken between December and last month:image.thumb.png.7e471f832ab7ba852725370836a385d7.pngimage.thumb.png.92f648e3527e877c8a672f11a7978d92.pngimage.thumb.png.4eac9537a2b2f8cc5eb8a04b9aba4acd.pngimage.thumb.png.eca5f8b49cd6fd055e6866dd7843c9f4.pngimage.thumb.png.cedcf491c0fd6038052e74e41d81bee3.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I just noticed another interesting pricing decision involving the Silver Nova. A deluxe veranda on the Nova for a 22 day Western Med roundtrip voyage - LIsbon to Lisbon - leaving Oct. 16 and returning on November 7 (22 days) is US$17,000.  On November 7, the Nova leaves LIsbon for a transatlantic to New York City (11 days).  They are offering a combination of both cruises (33 days) for $17,900.  So, they are throwing in the 11 day Transatlantic for just $900.  I am currently booked on just the 11 day transatlantic and paying $6,500.  I'm conflicted! 

5 hours ago, dawntrdr said:

I just noticed another interesting pricing decision involving the Silver Nova. A deluxe veranda on the Nova for a 22 day Western Med roundtrip voyage - LIsbon to Lisbon - leaving Oct. 16 and returning on November 7 (22 days) is US$17,000.  On November 7, the Nova leaves LIsbon for a transatlantic to New York City (11 days).  They are offering a combination of both cruises (33 days) for $17,900.  So, they are throwing in the 11 day Transatlantic for just $900.  I am currently booked on just the 11 day transatlantic and paying $6,500.  I'm conflicted! 

That sounds great. I’d love to do that and not have to fly home. Have a wedding to plan this fall else I’d book it. 

good luck with your decision. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, that would certainly count for some of the difference. And there is a 5% B2B discount and a 5% Venetian credit for the TA portion if you took it alone.  The air credit for not taking the air on the 22 day Lisbon round trip is only $900, however, so this must be part of a special combination promotion too.

On 3/16/2023 at 4:15 AM, Silver Spectre said:

Bye bye Nova and hello Dawn. We have now transferred and the only thing lost was the two category upgrade which SS has refused to honour for the Dawn booking. Pretty petty really.

So you're joining us for the Dawn Nov 2023 Lisbon to FLL TA run?

I am honestly eager to see the real ship and the first reviews/video's by travel agents as soon as it will be sailing in the autumn, as we are now booked on her sister ship -Silver Ray - for Croatia in 2024. We also took advantage of an interesting price reduction on the condition that we paid for the whole thing all at once, so there's no way back for us. Heard a lot of good stuff about Silversea (although these forums can get everyone doubting his of her decisions), so we thought we'd give it a try. Truth is that the Nova and Ray are the first SS ships I love in terms of their set-up, overall shape, ... (was never too keen on the somewhat special shape of Muse, Moon and Dawn).

• 3 weeks later...

Just an FYI for Tucson Guy. We are on the same 8/21/23 Nova sailing and just had our flights changed by Silversea a few days ago. Originally departing out of Tampa, FL now departing from Miami. (Flight times are actually a bit better.) But, should be an indication that Nova is still on schedule.   

1 hour ago, Rikers said:

Just an FYI for Tucson Guy. We are on the same 8/21/23 Nova sailing and just had our flights changed by Silversea a few days ago. Originally departing out of Tampa, FL now departing from Miami. (Flight times are actually a bit better.) But, should be an indication that Nova is still on schedule.   

I just also got an email that my flight times changed a little. No big deal. We we all get to see the new ship.