News on Silver Nova

John117

1 hour ago, Randyk47 said:

Really liking the pictures I’m seeing of the Nova over on the site that cannot be mentioned.  Those were taken on the “almost” inaugural cruise of travel agents, cruise line executives, and other invited guests.  Some of the venues are very different and look fantastic.  About the only new layout I’m not sure about is the pool area.  Will probably have see and experience it myself.  

Any chance you can post those pix here on CC?

So, the rule that cannot be violated is about that site trying to poach our Roll Calls.  If the pictures are on a cruise line page or someone's personal page or a Silver Nova news page – it would be ok.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

So, the rule that cannot be violated is about that site trying to poach our Roll Calls.  If the pictures are on a cruise line page or someone's personal page or a Silver Nova news page – it would be ok.

still seems dicey to interpretation.

there is more than one host to moderate.

Edited by zqtchas

17 hours ago, stan1980 said:

Are there any good ship tour videos on youtube of the Nova yet? 

During the Travel Agent cruise of Explora Journeys there were so many youtube videos just a few days later, but I havent been able to find anything on Silver Nova yet. 

Yes, there are several videos on that site now.

The Grill/Hot Rocks and Spaccanapoli appear to be in an eating area called The Marquee on the pool deck.   It’s slightly aft of the pool area.  The pictures make it look quite nice.  I don’t mind eating around the fringes of the pool but this looks like a nicer eating venue.   

Edited by Randyk47
  • Like 1

We're extremely excited about sailing on the Nova in November, so much so that we added to it, B2B cruises. We've made online restaurant reservations, but were wondering how to make reservations for Chef's Table and S.A.L.T. lab (cooking classes). 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, itchtocruz said:

We're extremely excited about sailing on the Nova in November, so much so that we added to it, B2B cruises. We've made online restaurant reservations, but were wondering how to make reservations for Chef's Table and S.A.L.T. lab (cooking classes). 

Hi, if they do it the same way as Moon and Dawn, you will book the cooking classes after you board the ship.  Hopefully someone who is sailing her will be able to confirm that for you.

3 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, if they do it the same way as Moon and Dawn, you will book the cooking classes after you board the ship.  Hopefully someone who is sailing her will be able to confirm that for you.

I believe you are correct and that is what I was told. We board next Monday.

1 minute ago, A Tucson Guy said:

I believe you are correct and that is what I was told. We board next Monday.

I hope you have a fantastic time🙂. I was just looking at another video (above) of the cabin. It looks like they added more storage space too! Now I have to sit and watch that 2nd video🙂

1 minute ago, Lois R said:

I hope you have a fantastic time🙂. I was just looking at another video (above) of the cabin. It looks like they added more storage space too! Now I have to sit and watch that 2nd video🙂

Another nice touch for us as a couple is that there are two counters to set up separate computers and that really helps us. The square footage is a little smaller than the Muse class ships but the layout looks a lot better.

Just watched the other video. Boy, everything is set up differently, that is for sure. The Salt Bar is no where close to the restaurant. And Guest Relations seems to be next door to The Arts Cafe. And the other restaurants are all over the place too. Will have to start exploring the minute I board the ship🙂

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Just watched the other video. Boy, everything is set up differently, that is for sure. The Salt Bar is no where close to the restaurant. And Guest Relations seems to be next door to The Arts Cafe. And the other restaurants are all over the place too. Will have to start exploring the minute I board the ship🙂

I hadn’t noticed the Salt Bar and Salt Kitchen locations until you mentioned it.  Strange they put them at basically opposite ends of the ship on different decks.   Really got used to every eating venue being aft oriented in all the classic ships. Of course cabins aft is also a real change so “completely different” is an understatement. 🤔🙂

16 minutes ago, Randyk47 said:

I hadn’t noticed the Salt Bar and Salt Kitchen locations until you mentioned it.  Strange they put them at basically opposite ends of the ship on different decks.   Really got used to every eating venue being aft oriented in all the classic ships. Of course cabins aft is also a real change so “completely different” is an understatement. 🤔🙂

Hi Randy, there is a bar down on deck 3 near The Salt Kitchen and Atlantide called "The Shelter" but the Salt Bar and Salt lab are both up on deck 10.

25 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi Randy, there is a bar down on deck 3 near The Salt Kitchen and Atlantide called "The Shelter" but the Salt Bar and Salt lab are both up on deck 10.

Kind of wonder what the Shelter is all about.  Kind of a strange name for a room on a ship.  

12 hours ago, itchtocruz said:

Hi - I note you're booked Nova in November and so are we. I respond solely with what might be relevant input for you. Namely, to my immense annoyance and disappointment I have discovered that our 11/18 Nova cruise NYC -> Lima has, with zero communication from SS to us, had numerous port call times significantly truncated or partly truncated, all at variance to what we had as committed port call times in March 2023 when we booked and paid for this cruise. And these timings were one ingredient in us choosing this particular cruise. 

Just for example - San Juan was to be an 11 pm departure, it is now 8 pm. A special dinner with guests we had planned (and venue booked) there onshore that night will now have to be canceled. Numerous other port calls have been reduced from, say, a 7 pm departure to a 6 pm or 5 pm. A couple more 11 pms are cut back to 8pms. This of course means that any desires for an onshore dinner or just further local exploring in the evening are out. 

As above, what is especially galling regarding all this is that there has been zero communication from SS HQ or otherwise informing us of and explaining this material change. I found out about these changes largely by accident. Imagine if I boarded the Nova - and with numerous onshore bookings made on the basis of the original itinerary - only to then discover these changes! The communication absence from SS regarding all this is simply appalling. My local SS customer service person 'has no idea why this has happened' which is additionally poor.

Finally, I am now learning that many other Nova pre-booked cruise itineraries may be being similarly cut down in various ways as to port call time - and surely this is a pervasive cost reduction measure, there is no other credible explanation for changes of this size.

On 8/15/2023 at 11:45 PM, Host Jazzbeau said:

So what about posing videos made by a travel agent, with their agency name on the video?  Thought that was not allowed?

There is another Thread also active concerning this Issue which seems now to be a regular Feature without any prior notification to Guests. On our recent Silver Dawn Cruise a Guest was extremely annoyed as he had made special arrangements with Relatives ashore to have an Evening Meal, as the ship was not due to leave until 11.30pm. On the Day it was announced that the timings had been changed to 7.00pm !!!!! As you can imagine he was less than amused.

The Issue also makes it very problematic to organise Personal Sightseeing with confidence.

Edited by Mayflower1