Daily Program Questions

potatopotato

I noticed there is a daily program section in the app. Does this become available at the same time as the paper copies (i.e. the night before) or is it available in advance? Does the program in the app get updated if there are changes, or do you need to rely more on the paper copy? Curious to hear any thoughts on the paper vs digital option. Thanks!

4 minutes ago, iceman93 said:

They don't do paper copies anymore, it's all in the app.  Your entire cruise will show up by embarkation day, and will update automatically as things change.

There are several "Live" threads where they show a paper copy.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Sea42 said:

There are several "Live" threads where they show a paper copy.

Okay, maybe you have to go to guest services or the Neptune Lounge and ask?  On my last two cruises I did not get or see any paper copies.

59 minutes ago, iceman93 said:

Okay, maybe you have to go to guest services or the Neptune Lounge and ask?  On my last two cruises I did not get or see any paper copies.

We have done 100+ days on 6 different cruises on 3 different DAM ships since Feb 2022 in an ocean view cabin and the paper copy is delivered to the cabin each night for the next day's activities.  The app is nice to use and is updated if programs change during the day.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got a paper Daily Program on the Nieuw Statendam, along with two pillow chocolates every night. 
I will say that I didn't find the Daily Program was always complete, though. There were times I would wander into a public room to find an activity going on, which was not on my Program. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The daily program will update throughout the day at no set time that I can tell.   The paper copy will always be available - you may have to ask to get one on shorter cruises.  As @RuthCsaid, you will sometimes see activities on the Navigator app that are not on the printed copy - always pays to check both.

The daily program events on Navigator will be populated for something for every day of you cruise once you sail.   Its helpful to see what entertainers are coming - that is updated a week in advance - usually

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/7/2023 at 10:41 AM, potatopotato said:

I noticed there is a daily program section in the app. Does this become available at the same time as the paper copies (i.e. the night before) or is it available in advance? Does the program in the app get updated if there are changes, or do you need to rely more on the paper copy? Curious to hear any thoughts on the paper vs digital option. Thanks!

Our RCCL app kept crashing when onboard.  They were more than glad to provide paper copies and I do hope the same will happen with HAL as their APP is not working properly on my phone.

On 3/7/2023 at 8:02 AM, iceman93 said:

I was on the Rotterdam in February, and we had paper copies every day, along with on Navigator.

L.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2023 at 7:41 AM, potatopotato said:

Regarding your question about the daily program on the app....the closer you get to your sailing, the more complete it is.  And once you are on, you can review all the days of the daily program of your cruise.

L.

• Like 1

On my last cruise (Rotterdam in November 2022) there were paper programs, and they were NOT consistent with what was in the app.  I was surprised to see that the paper programs were more complete!  I happen to like line dancing, and one of the entertainment crew was offering it on our cruise most afternoons, calling it "Permission to Dance".  I looked for it each day and it never once showed up on the Navigator app, even though it was on the printed program, and it did take place on the printed days and times.  That's the example I am aware of, but I'm sure there are other discrepancies as well.  So for my next cruise, next week, I'm planning to check both to be sure I don't miss anything!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Moriah said:

On my last cruise (Rotterdam in November 2022) there were paper programs, and they were NOT consistent with what was in the app.  I was surprised to see that the paper programs were more complete!  I happen to like line dancing, and one of the entertainment crew was offering it on our cruise most afternoons, calling it "Permission to Dance".  I looked for it each day and it never once showed up on the Navigator app, even though it was on the printed program, and it did take place on the printed days and times.  That's the example I am aware of, but I'm sure there are other discrepancies as well.  So for my next cruise, next week, I'm planning to check both to be sure I don't miss anything!

Interesting.. I'm looking at activities in my Navigator app now, and I do see "Permission To Dance" scheduled at least on one afternoon of our sailing leaving on Saturday.

7 hours ago, KroozNut said:

Interesting.. I'm looking at activities in my Navigator app now, and I do see "Permission To Dance" scheduled at least on one afternoon of our sailing leaving on Saturday.

Great! Sounds like my "complaint" had them check into it.  Hopefully that means other activities are not left off in the app either.  Enjoy your cruise!! (And you have permission to dance... LOL)

• Like 1