Upgrade Option Now on Booking

When logging in to my RCG  account on the Internet, I just noticed an area showing a Royal Upgrade availability on several of my upcoming sailings. Never saw that before. I don't see it anywhere on the app, just on line.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

None for mine.

Would the cruises you see it for all be within range of Royal Up eligibility?

Yes I see 4 of them for March and April, but nothing after that

I got this option today for my cruise in May. Not sure if I want to do it or not though as I already have a nice room in a really good location. I kind of want to bid 75 dollars for one of the suites just in case but I doubt I would ever get that 😂😂

32 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

That's also been an hit  and miss by some reports

It is no surprise that even with specialty dining, the old adage remains true…

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.
John Lydgate
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

It is no surprise that even with specialty dining, the old adage remains true…

“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.
John Lydgate

I usually pay no attention to food reviews.  It's way too subjective.  By mistake, I've responded to a few reviews.  No longer.  Some just can't understand that we all have different tastes and expectations.  That, I'll point out, though.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jimbo said:

That's also been an hit  and miss by some reports

Especially Chops.  We quit going there years ago because price got to be ridiculous and the food quality kept be lowered.  Only Giovanni's for us

• Like 1

Where is the button?  Or where should I be looking for it when it does appear? Where does it take you, the royalup page? Just being curious I guess....it would take a lot to get me to leave my room (btw, if anyone wants to do 7 days southbound from Seward at the end of May, DEALS ABOUND! Haha)

The new button shows up in the bottom of the "Upcoming Cruises" box for an eligible sailing once you sign in using the website.  Mine just takes me to the Royal Up status page for the bids that I already submitted for an April cruise..  

19 minutes ago, Defender1158 said:

Mine just takes me to the Royal Up status page for the bids that I already submitted for an April cruise..  

I can bid on all four of my RoyalUp-eligible bookings through May with this new method.

11 hours ago, scooter6251 said:

Especially Chops.  We quit going there years ago because price got to be ridiculous and the food quality kept be lowered.  Only Giovanni's for us

Giovanni's on Wonder had a completely different menu (and quite underwhelming) than Gio's on other ships like Serenade (which was excellent as always last week). Half of the Wonder menu was pizza, and virtually all of the classic items like mushroom risotto and seafood linguini were gone.

40 minutes ago, orville99 said:

Giovanni's on Wonder had a completely different menu (and quite underwhelming) than Gio's on other ships like Serenade (which was excellent as always last week). Half of the Wonder menu was pizza, and virtually all of the classic items like mushroom risotto and seafood linguini were gone.