How are the Swans doing 2023

2 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Full time, Sydney Swans win 16.9 (105) to Fremantle Dockers 12.4 (76).

Hooray, a win for the Swans!! Not much AFL on now--women's world cup is using most of the airtime.

Go Swans!

• Like 1

Wow, the Swans are really making a habit of these close games! I wonder if they will start charging more for their tickets, with all the extra drama and people having to stay until the very end of the game 😁

Thanks for posting the score Leigh. We have recovered from the Galapagos (and our souvenir covid from Peru) and are at the lake enjoying a break from the 100 degree heat at home.

Go Swans!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I think Buddy's latest injury was enough to make the call on immediate retirement. He has certainly had a magnificent career. I undertand he told friends a few weeks ago he would retire at the conclusion of the season.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Oh noooo, say it aint so 😮 I will miss Buddy. I hope they have his replacement ready to go. Great career with the Swans. I hope they do something special for him.

Go Swans!

ML, they have a couple of young forwards who have been playing well, in fact I think they play better without Buddy in the team. Hope it hasn't been too hot at the lake and you are relaxing. 

Just now, possum52 said:

ML, they have a couple of young forwards who have been playing well, in fact I think they play better without Buddy in the team. Hope it hasn't been too hot at the lake and you are relaxing. 

Yes, I'm not sure Buddy was a full contributor lately; it's probably good that he retired now.

The lake has been great--much cooler than home and we even got some rain 2 days ago. I am trying to soak up the cold--it will be very hot when we get home on Friday.

At least my covid has finally backed off. Still a bit of a cough but otherwise better.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, NoWhiners said:

Yes, I'm not sure Buddy was a full contributor lately; it's probably good that he retired now.

The lake has been great--much cooler than home and we even got some rain 2 days ago. I am trying to soak up the cold--it will be very hot when we get home on Friday.

At least my covid has finally backed off. Still a bit of a cough but otherwise better.

I saw the temps you have been having at home. Some rain would have been nice. Safe drive home. 

Edited by possum52