Back to Back on Oasis-Pros and Cons??

Considering a back to back on Oasis this summer.  First week with my 10 year old son and then second week the rest of my family, plus mother and mother in law will join us.  We have cruised multiple times, but never back to back.  The itinerary is the same both weeks.  Wondering what the pros and cons may be?  We would have different rooms each week-does that make a difference?  Would likely buy soda package and internet package.  Would love to hear from others who have done back to back trips.  One of my bigger concerns is laundry since RCL doesn't have self service laundry.

Thanks in advance for any advice, suggestions, etc!

Just completed 4 b2b on Oasis out of Miami. The itinerary alternated between eastern and western Caribbean 

Loved the whole experience, no cons for me. (I receive a free bag of wash-n-fold per cruise) 

A big plus is getting to see Aqua80 multiple times.

Another plus is getting to know the staff. I kind of felt like Norm from Cheers at Playmakers 

• Like 2

Caution is advised: you may find B2B cruising addictive.  We did, especially when we lived far from port.  Even now that we live in Florida we still like B2B.  We had an 8 day cruise scheduled for Odyssey next month; today we booked the following 6 day for a B2B.

Oasis class is an excellent choice for a B2B, as there is plenty to do on the big ship.  We don’t mind changing cabins.  As with all things, it is about attitude, packing for a cabin change does not take us long.  One can choose to look forward to experiencing another cabin in another location on the big ship.

• Like 2

The only way I would do a B2B is if I was able to stay in the same room and the itinerary was different. If I had to pack and move cabins (even if the attendant helps moves items) it would not be worth the hassle. I like variety so doing the same ship with the exact same shows and maybe the exact same entertainment would get a little boring for me. Throw in the same itinerary and I am not sure I would enjoy it.If I had to switch rooms I would almost prefer looking to see if there was another Royal ship in the same port and do a side to side to change things up. The only nice thing with the OP is that there will be different family members for the two cruises so that could offset doing the same ports and seeing the same shows over again.

• Like 2

Just did a b4b on Oasis and my only regret was I didn't do a b6b !!

So much to do, only 2 of the weeks repeated, headliners and comedians and tribute bands change up each week. Luckily I had the same cabin for the month. 

Anything less than a b2b just doesn't seem worth the airfare to me. Free bag of laundry a week is definitely a plus. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't do a B2B with the same itinerary for both weeks = boring...I would choose a sailing like Odyssey that does an alternating 8 night 6 night itinerary. I would also want to stay in the same cabin if at all possible...not having to switch up cabins would make it seem more seamless to me.

9 hours ago, bayportkat said:

One of my bigger concerns is laundry since RCL doesn't have self service laundry.

Thanks in advance for any advice, suggestions, etc!

You will love doing a b2b!!

For laundry I bring small bottle of woolite and wash bras, bathing suits, quick drying blouses, rash guard shirts in bathroom sink.   Roll in bath towels then hang on back of balcony chairs to dry when at port.  Just don't do on a day they are scheduled to hose down balconies and clean windows.

If not diamond or higher they offer laundry service for $34.99. Room steward can provide you with the special bag and fit all you can into the bag.  Socks, underwear, pjs, tshirts, etc.    They was with hot water and hot dryers so don't send anything that could shrink and colors may run.  

Some people on CC have had issues with laundry but I have never had a problem with items that I send out, but I don't send good clothes.

• Like 2

With the same itinerary “cons” that people have mentioned, if the ports had multiple interesting things to do or something AMAZING to do twice, it wouldn’t be so much of a con......but if they are boring ports, it would be a con haha

No cons,

changing rooms? No big deal, still on vacay

same ports? Find something else to do or if Cococay stay on or go to the Oasis lagoon

Same issue for us, usually spend 2weeks min at location because of flight costs.

• Like 2

Last year, every time we cruised, we did a B2B or longer.  We did 9 sets of B2B  and one B3B.  It really cuts down on travel expense and travel time for those of us who have to fly or have a long drive to ports.  We had to change cabins in 4 sets and I find that to be no big deal.  Yes we prefer the same cabin, but that is not always possible.   

We find the B2B so relaxing as we have two cruises to enjoy the entertainment.  If we didn't get a chance to see something we can catch on the next cruise.  If we saw something and really liked it,  we can see it again. 

Much to our surprise, a few times there was no B2B lunch.  Once there were too few B2B passengers, and the others were because Harmony stopped a real lunch. Once they had our  "special lunch" in the windjammer.  They let us in 15 minutes before the crowd!  The other few times it was in the solarium cafe but it was also open to the public.  The lunch is such a nice treat. 

Regarding laundry,  I basically pack for one cruise and wear things twice.  We send a few things out in the wash and fold service, wash a few things ( delicates)  out in the sink, have something laundered/dry cleaned of we have any mishaps. 

As for repeat ports, you have an opportunity to see more/do more.

OP - go for it.

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

Almost all of my cruises are a minimum of B2B.  I love the 3 January cruises out of Cape Liberty on Anthem, soon to be Odyssey.  Southern Caribbean ports are among my favorites.

Next year, I had a B2B booked on Anthem. (Anthem does boring 7 night Bahamas cruises all winter long, except for those 11 nighters in January.)  My kids decided to do a week, after I took the grandkids on their very first cruise last week.    It's two weeks after my B2B.  So now that's a B4B.  I will have a lovely time on all of them.  Only one cabin change, and that's just to be next to the family.

Pros?  You're on a cruise!

Cons?  Eventually, you have to get off.  😄 

• Like 4

We did B2B on the Allure and LOVED it!.  I felt less pressure to see it all, do it all.  Repeating ports to me sounds great as you get to do see more of the islands.  We kept the same room. I highly suggest it, was much more laid back for us.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 4:25 AM, melbur said:

Just did a b4b on Oasis and my only regret was I didn't do a b6b !!

So much to do, only 2 of the weeks repeated, headliners and comedians and tribute bands change up each week. Luckily I had the same cabin for the month. 

Anything less than a b2b just doesn't seem worth the airfare to me. Free bag of laundry a week is definitely a plus. 

It will be a repeat itinerary- but not a huge deal- we love CocoCay so get to do that twice- otherwise we often stay on board in ports and enjoy the ship with fewer on board.  

For this trip, we are local, which is one of the reasons for the B2B- don't have to worry about airfare or hotels- just a ride to the port.  
Is the free laundry due to your C&A level or does anyone doing a B2B get that?

On 3/9/2023 at 6:32 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

You will love doing a b2b!!

For laundry I bring small bottle of woolite and wash bras, bathing suits, quick drying blouses, rash guard shirts in bathroom sink.   Roll in bath towels then hang on back of balcony chairs to dry when at port.  Just don't do on a day they are scheduled to hose down balconies and clean windows.

If not diamond or higher they offer laundry service for $34.99. Room steward can provide you with the special bag and fit all you can into the bag.  Socks, underwear, pjs, tshirts, etc.    They was with hot water and hot dryers so don't send anything that could shrink and colors may run.  

Some people on CC have had issues with laundry but I have never had a problem with items that I send out, but I don't send good clothes.

Thanks for all of the information!  I just may have to go on a shopping spree before our trip if I decide to do the b2b!  

On 3/9/2023 at 8:39 AM, BobNoxious said:

Be sure you have the same room on the b2b.  Much less of a hassle between cruises. 

Would love it, but not sure it is possible due to the late decision do take the trip.  I only have what is available in our price range!