Back to Back on Oasis-Pros and Cons??

15 hours ago, CanadaRob said:

No cons,

changing rooms? No big deal, still on vacay

same ports? Find something else to do or if Cococay stay on or go to the Oasis lagoon

Same issue for us, usually spend 2weeks min at location because of flight costs.

Thanks for the reinforcement!  I am leaning further toward taking the b2b.  

18 minutes ago, bayportkat said:

Would love it, but not sure it is possible due to the late decision do take the trip.  I only have what is available in our price range!

I have done it both ways.  I won’t deny the pluses of keeping your cabin, but I believe b2b is great even if you change cabins.  

As you are already moving cabins you might be able to bid for RoyalUp upgrades for each leg if you wish.  People committed to staying in the same cabin cannot do that.

• Like 1

On 3/9/2023 at 2:30 AM, mets123 said:

You will get a special turn around day lunch. It's usually a modified Chops lunch menu. Be sure to get the shrimp cocktail.

This perk seems to have disappeared since the restart. Depending on  the ship, all of our turnaround day lunches have either been in the WJ, the solarium bistro, or the MDR.

1 hour ago, bayportkat said:

Would love it, but not sure it is possible due to the late decision do take the trip.  I only have what is available in our price range!

34 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

As you are already moving cabins you might be able to bid for RoyalUp upgrades for each leg if you wish.  People committed to staying in the same cabin cannot do that.

If you have not booked the second leg yet, go out to the booking engine and once you find a cabin in the correct category, go and do a mock booking for that category on your already booked cruise to see if any of the cabins on the second leg are also available on the first leg. We have done this multiple times (especially when we want to add a 3rd or 4th leg to an existing B2B), and make a list of matching cabins so that when we call C&A to book the second leg they can switch the first leg cabin to match.

If that doesn't work, then I would bid on an upgrade on both legs, since you are going to have to move on turnaround day anyway. 

On 3/9/2023 at 6:32 AM, Sunshine3601 said:

You will love doing a b2b!!

For laundry I bring small bottle of woolite and wash bras, bathing suits, quick drying blouses, rash guard shirts in bathroom sink.   Roll in bath towels then hang on back of balcony chairs to dry when at port.  Just don't do on a day they are scheduled to hose down balconies and clean windows.

If not diamond or higher they offer laundry service for $34.99. Room steward can provide you with the special bag and fit all you can into the bag.  Socks, underwear, pjs, tshirts, etc.    They was with hot water and hot dryers so don't send anything that could shrink and colors may run.  

Some people on CC have had issues with laundry but I have never had a problem with items that I send out, but I don't send good clothes.

pffft.  The goop in the shower dispenser is actually an EXCELLENT soap for doing laundry in the sink.  

• Like 3

I will embarking on my first B5B on the Ovation on the 27th. I am retired now, so I rarely book anything less than 14 nights. Living on the West Coast, longer is better for me, since everything usually includes a long flight. I got the same cabin on 4 legs, but have to move around the corner for the last, so not really a big deal. None of my legs are repeat itineraries, so that’s a plus, and the last leg gets me home to Seattle.

I also use the shower soap to wash laundry, and I always pack my trusty clothesline to string across my magnetic hooks. I have been known to take larger items that need washing, into the shower with me when I shower. 🤷🏼‍♀️That sink is not very big.

For me, if you have the time and money, B2B’s or more are the way to go. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

This perk seems to have disappeared since the restart. Depending on  the ship, all of our turnaround day lunches have either been in the WJ, the solarium bistro, or the MDR.

In October on the Adventure, it was a modified Chops menu but served in a closed off area in the MDR.

9 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I have done it both ways.  I won’t deny the pluses of keeping your cabin, but I believe b2b is great even if you change cabins.  

Good thought!  Can do it if it comes up for first leg!  Something to look forward to. 

On a B3B on Oasis right now.  1 and 2 in the same room and changing rooms for #3.

I love doing consecutive cruises.  So relaxing and stress-free. Our “special” lunch on the first turnaround day was a corner of the MDR and I suspect the second one will be the same.  Better than fighting the horde in the WJ !

10 hours ago, Starry Eyes said:

I won’t deny the pluses of keeping your cabin, but I believe b2b is great even if you change cabins.

+1 

The "I would never do a B2B if I had to change cabins" crowd is hilarious.  

I mean...you have to pack up all your stuff to go home or you can (kinda sorta) pack up and move a few cabins away and go on another cruise.  So not worth it 🙄

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Husky1987 said:

+1 

The "I would never do a B2B if I had to change cabins" crowd is hilarious.  

I mean...you have to pack up all your stuff to go home or you can (kinda sorta) pack up and move a few cabins away and go on another cruise.  So not worth it 🙄

chacun à son goût.  

I would love to do a B2B but definitely would prefer to stay in the same cabin if possible to cut down on the hassle. I think sending out most of your laundry on the last day of your first cruise even if you have to pay for it would be your best laundry option. I was on the Oasis in Mar 2022 and there wasn't enough time to try all of the restaurants and activities that I wanted so doing a B2B would be a great idea. 

• Like 1

We tried our first b2b this year on the Adventure a 4nt then 5nt and loved it even though we had to moved cabins.  We are now ready for a "real" b2b of at least 7 nights each, lol.  My only suggestion would be to do the big family sailing first then have the second week be your relaxing one.  

Doing a B2B on the same itinerary can be beneficial if one of the ports is Costa Maya (or Costa Maybe as they crew calls it).  Just got off B2B on Allure and the 2nd week was the first time in a few weeks they actually could stop there due to weather/rough seas.

The best part of the B2B for me is the day 7 vibe when you are not getting off the next day.  You see everyone else trying to cram everything they didn't get done into that last day, while you feel completely relaxed since it is just another mid-cruise day.  

As for changing cabins, I was never so happy to change cabins as I was this time.  We were under the Solarium the first week and the chair-dragging noise was horrible, especially at 6am.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CruiseMomTX said:

We tried our first b2b this year on the Adventure a 4nt then 5nt and loved it even though we had to moved cabins.  We are now ready for a "real" b2b of at least 7 nights each, lol.  My only suggestion would be to do the big family sailing first then have the second week be your relaxing one.  

Unfortunately it would be family second week-have to move my daughter into college the day we get back!

I do a b-2-b because of the cost of air fare, concerning laundry, when doing a b-2-b you can turn in your laundry the last day of the first week and get it back the first day of the second week.