Waterpark at perfect day.

It depends on what time of year you go there.  During the summer prices are often as high as $130 - $140. The lowest price I have seen is $59.99, which is what we paid to go in January prior to COVID. I would not recommend going in January because the water was very cold, at least to me. I have been to then waterpark a total of 5 times and have paid over $100 a few times. Like most things related to cruising, the price for the water park at Coco Cay is likely to keep on increasing in the future. And for what it’s worth, the water park has always been fairly crowded the 20 or so times I have been to the upgraded Coco Cay. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jussabitconfused said:

How far out is your cruise? The waterpark is not even being offered to me on my Feb 12, 2024 cruise. I can see cabanas, a zip line, balloon ride, jet skis

and beach beds but no waterpark access.

May1-5!

Our extended family of 4 adults and 2 kids had a Water Park Cabana this past April for $699 which was a great deal for us, that of course included everything we needed.

16 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes -  seems folks are still paying whatever price is quoted.  It is ON SALE for $169.99 pp for my upcoming cruise.

M

That's my sale price, too - $169.99.  It does make this an easy pass for my family, too.  Reg price is listed at $179.

I told the spouse I'd spend $2K extra on special stuff for the spouse/kids (since we already have the cruise and grats prepaid).  There are 6 of us, so that's not as much money as it seems.  But it appears that with RCCL's "extras" pricing, that money is gonna go to the ports, b/c my value bones just can't spring for things tons pricier than NYC/Las Vegas.

Which is okay, b/c it's been 6 years since we've been on RCCL (once we cruise), so everything, even the free stuff, will be brand new (especially since this is also a new ship for us)...so free stuff only it might be, which I'm okay with...

But I hold out hope for Mem Day/Labor Day/Black Friday/New Years deals...

21 hours ago, Jussabitconfused said:

How far out is your cruise? The waterpark is not even being offered to me on my Feb 12, 2024 cruise. I can see cabanas, a zip line, balloon ride, jet skis

and beach beds but no waterpark access.

Wait until November and the Black Friday sale. Last year I saw it for $50-$60 p/p. The sale generally starts a week or two before Thanksgiving and you can get great deals on internet, excursions, specialty dining, etc. 

People pay up to $160 to go to a water park. 

Wow, prices have really lost the plot in the states. 

All i keep reading is how much debt is increasing in the US consumer and rates are going up and up but people are paying 160$ to go on some water slides lol. 

Feels like 2007 all over again. 

2 hours ago, little britain said:

What is free at Coco Cay?  

Loungers with umbrellas on several beaches, most food (there is a BBQ buffet and also kiosks with sandwiches and other fast food), several kids play areas, large Oasis free form pool.

There are plenty of everything free.

Not sure why people even complain.

Nobody forcing them to pay huge amounts.

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

We went on October and paid $56 during a crazy sale.  It was worth it for that price. But all 3 of our next cruises we have booked it almost $180.  We are Canadian so add another 37% to that.  It's not worth going for that.  Especially for a family of 4.  Royal is out to lunch on their Coco Kay pricing.

6 hours ago, Pandamonia said:

People pay up to $160 to go to a water park. 

Wow, prices have really lost the plot in the states. 

All i keep reading is how much debt is increasing in the US consumer and rates are going up and up but people are paying 160$ to go on some water slides lol. 

Feels like 2007 all over again. 

Waterslides that they spend more time waiting in line than on the actual slides...When we where there last June 45 minutes + and it got longer and longer as the day progressed..No thanks...never again.  My Icon cruise in August 2024 has the tickets available for 180 pp..

1 hour ago, Scoobydobe7 said:

Waterslides that they spend more time waiting in line than on the actual slides...When we where there last June 45 minutes + and it got longer and longer as the day progressed..No thanks...never again.  My Icon cruise in August 2024 has the tickets available for 180 pp..

When we were there in July, the lines were long in the morning... going later in the afternoon they were obviously smaller... 0 wait for the "lower" slides on the tower, 5-10 minute wait for the "middle" drops, and probably 15-20 minute wait for the "top".  

7 hours ago, Newcruiser2012 said:

Wait until November and the Black Friday sale. Last year I saw it for $50-$60 p/p. The sale generally starts a week or two before Thanksgiving and you can get great deals on internet, excursions, specialty dining, etc. 

That is the current plan but I keep checking so I will know what a good price is. Just wish they would list something. My daughter is excited and wants to see choices, 🤣

7 hours ago, little britain said:

What is free at Coco Cay?  

LOTS - 

Loungers/umbrellas (thousands of them) 

Two large buffet areas (Taco Bar, Cuban sandwiches, Philly steak sandwiches, burgers, chicken, hot dogs, salads, rice/beans, fruit, cookies, brownies, soft serve and more.

Two (maybe three) snack shacks featuring fried chicken sandwiches, burgers, salads, cookies, fruit and more. 

Tram service to take you all around the islands.  Plus  a (different) tram to take up/down the pier from the ship to the Coco Cay entrance area  . 

Large pool with swim up bar

Ocean access with several beach areas.  Free snorkeling if you have your own equipment.  

Free music at Captain Jacks Bar. 

Two small water parks for toddlers/and young children

Basketball volleyball.  Sports section for Bocci, and other sand/ lawn activities

Life vests for  children

Lifeguards

Clean restroom facilities

All the bars accept the drink package or any Crown and Anchor vouchers.

The only private access areas are the Coco Cay Beach Club (Fee based per person) and the water park. Fee based as well.  Activities such as jet skis, hot air balloon, Zip line and other excursions carry a charge Per Person.  Private Cabanas and large beach beds had a flat rate charge.    Captain Jacks has bar food for a fee 

(I'm sure I forgot a few things) 

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Thanks 2

Black Friday sale in 2021, I got it for 43.99 for a cruise in late February of 2022. I realize that was a pandemic era deal for an off-season day with one two-thirds full ship in port... but man is there some sticker shock at the prices they are charging now.

I don't blame Royal for charging what they can there, it's supply and demand... but man are those some crazy prices.

On 3/9/2023 at 2:56 PM, cruisegirl1 said:

Yes -  seems folks are still paying whatever price is quoted.  It is ON SALE for $169.99 pp for my upcoming cruise.

M

Oh, let's be honest:  whatever the price is, it's always "on sale".  It's $188/person for our upcoming cruise.  A couple of our group members had been considering it -- not sure if they still are.  

Serious question:  Are prices for "extras" higher on the bigger, newer mega-ships?  I ask 'cause this'll be our first time on one of them, and it kinda seems that way.

1 hour ago, Tolkmit said:

Black Friday sale in 2021, I got it for 43.99 for a cruise in late February of 2022. I realize that was a pandemic era deal for an off-season day with one two-thirds full ship in port... but man is there some sticker shock at the prices they are charging now.

I don't blame Royal for charging what they can there, it's supply and demand... but man are those some crazy prices.

We snagged $24.99 on Mariner February 2020.  And I wasn’t sure if that was a good price!