Equinox Cabin Question - Deck 12

JDPCruisers

Those cabins are mostly Sky Suites. We have had no issues with the more forward areas of deck 12, those nearer to the rear elevators. The furthest back we have stayed has been 2121 so far. I asked some people in a handicap sky suite cabin, which are toward the rear, and they said the noise they experienced didn't bother them. 

We stayed in 2105 and didn't hear any noise from above. We loved the location near the pool and loved the large balcony. It would be a cabin I'd book again in a heartbeat if it were available. It was below the carpeted section of the OVC near the entrance.

51 minutes ago, 39august said:

Those cabins are mostly Sky Suites. We have had no issues with the more forward areas of deck 12, those nearer to the rear elevators. The furthest back we have stayed has been 2121 so far. I asked some people in a handicap sky suite cabin, which are toward the rear, and they said the noise they experienced didn't bother them. 

We are considering suite 2127 so not under the carpeted areas as I view the deck plans. Yes, I see the handicap suites and they are a little further back so good to know of their experience.

17 minutes ago, deseylou said:

We were in 2109.

We were on a 11 day and were never bothered by noise from above.

Thanks for the feedback. We are looking at a South America 14 day and trying to avoid excessive noise for that long of a time. 

9 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The upgrade fairy gave us a accessible SS and we could hear rumbling of the carts being rolled through the Oceanview.  It sounded like thunder.  We brought ear plugs which muted the noise.

Was that throughout the day or any particular times?

I've been in the far aft cabin, deck 12, on the ships side (with the larger balcony) (2149)  of two different S class ships and I love the location (pool level).  I have heard, I think chairs, moving above in each of these cabins but I don't have a problem with it, it doesn't happen often at all.  But I'm sure it's a YMMV type of thing. Anyway, on S class that part of the ship is the only place I'll book. (I take the stairs a lot.)

Edited by rmalbers

17 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Were you in Sunset SS? for those cruises?

We have been on Aft SS(2150, 2155) and Corner SS(2146) which I guess are now called Sunset SS.  We have been in 2155 4 times!  

13 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Any noise or issues from the exhaust stacks or engine? 

Once in awhile we heard chairs scraping but it did not bother us.  No issues regarding soot, engine, etc.  Deck 12 aft is best as you have an overhang and see all balconies below you.  So while Deck 12 is private all balconies below are not.  We love sitting on the balcony watching the aft view.  

1 minute ago, bjahil47 said:

Once in awhile we heard chairs scraping but it did not bother us.  No issues regarding soot, engine, etc.  Deck 12 aft is best as you have an overhang and see all balconies below you.  So while Deck 12 is private all balconies below are not.  We love sitting on the balcony watching the aft view.  

Thanks much for your feedback. Been very helpful. Oh, how was your Butler?

16 hours ago, bjahil47 said:

Are their support poles in the aft SS? From what I've seen online there are in corner SS but maybe not middle aft SS?

37 minutes ago, JDPCruisers said:

Are there support poles in that aft SS?

No poles, outside or inside in the SS.  DH sleeping maybe could have used a support pole  😉...

Another sailing we had a corner Aft S1 which had a pole by the bed but wasn't in the way at all. 

Edited by Oceangoer2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JDPCruisers said:

Are their support poles in the aft SS? From what I've seen online there are in corner SS but maybe not middle aft SS?

Yes, there are poles in corner aft SS, at least on Deck 12.  Not on rear facing SS.  Look on cruisedeckplans.com for pictures or try you tube.

I stayed in 2126 this past January. (across from yours...) Minimal noise a couple of times. I was in the cabin at all times of the day...here's a youtube I found prior to my cruise...

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/slideshow-cabin.php?ship=Celebrity-Equinox&cabin=2126

Note that in the sticky above, there are a few entries complaining about noise in that cabin. I didn't experience anything like that at all...and ship was full.

19 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

I stayed in 2126 this past January. (across from yours...) Minimal noise a couple of times. I was in the cabin at all times of the day...here's a youtube I found prior to my cruise...

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/slideshow-cabin.php?ship=Celebrity-Equinox&cabin=2126

Note that in the sticky above, there are a few entries complaining about noise in that cabin. I didn't experience anything like that at all...and ship was full.

Thanks. Yes, did see that one and as an aside we met the Traveling Gamblers on Infinity last Oct.

• Like 1