CocoCay Beach Club or Unlimited Dining Plan? Each are about $500 for 2 people

Sigyn

I have a decision to make. If I'm gonna blow $500, should I do it on the Unlimited Dining Plan for our 7-day cruise, or spend it on two passes for the day at the CocoCay Beach Club? Both are roughly $500 for two people. Which do you think would bring more joy? 

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

I have a decision to make. If I'm gonna blow $500, should I do it on the Unlimited Dining Plan for our 7-day cruise, or spend it on two passes for the day at the CocoCay Beach Club? Both are roughly $500 for two people. Which do you think would bring more joy? 

What ship? The beach club is definitely NOT worth the cost, and on an older ship with only 2-3 specialty restaurants, the cost seems high.

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

What ship? The beach club is definitely NOT worth the cost, and on an older ship with only 2-3 specialty restaurants, the cost seems high.

The ship is Harmony of the Seas

• Like 2

The UDP!  We just cruised on the Allure and never set foot in the Main Dining Room  or Windjammer.  The cost was also around $500 and, between specialty restaurant dining and the 40% off bottles of wine, we saved around $800!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

The ship is Harmony of the Seas

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

What's the MDR quality on Harmony of the Seas?

I would definitely go with the UDP then. As for MDR's, with the complete re-do of the MDR menus, and based solely on the 3 cruises we have taken since they changed over to the new scheme (2 on Wonder and one on Serenade), we were underwhelmed with both the equality and variety offered. We opted to do the specialty restaurants or WJ on the nights that the MDR menu was totally unappealing, and there were a few nights where we just ordered room service instead.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, Harmony has a lot of wonderful specialty dining options, so my vote is the UDP for sure! Happy cruising and dining! Cheers!

Besides, there are lots of freebies on CocoCay to enjoy without going to the ritzy Beach Club!

Edited by SilkySal
add
  • Like 2