Almost Live from Riviera

ORV

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

ORV was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

We’re in Miami, looking off our balcony at some Regent ship docked at Terminal J. Weather is great here. Spent a couple of hours messing around the Brickell area, which we had never done before. I never worry about posting the details of my flights here and hotel stuff. We’ve been here since yesterday and are lucky to just be here due to flight delays, but it all worked out.  Probably won’t post anything else till tomorrow. D72F8B04-E923-4A6A-9456-64F29B43DB42.thumb.jpeg.31911d5286c9455d26c9938954210ded.jpeg

• Like 7

Walked down to Bayside, it started pouring rain, had to have a second drink to wait out the storm. The World Classic Baseball tournament started here today and this area is packed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ORV said:

We’re in Miami, looking off our balcony at some Regent ship docked at Terminal J. Weather is great here. Spent a couple of hours messing around the Brickell area, which we had never done before. I never worry about posting the details of my flights here and hotel stuff. We’ve been here since yesterday and are lucky to just be here due to flight delays, but it all worked out.  Probably won’t post anything else till tomorrow. D72F8B04-E923-4A6A-9456-64F29B43DB42.thumb.jpeg.31911d5286c9455d26c9938954210ded.jpeg

Beautiful pictures Orv.  See you at the Meet and greet.

7 hours ago, Tea Snob said:

We arrived this afternoon and have been enjoying the Coral Gables area.  We had dinner at Joe's Stone Crab.  They were delicious.  See all y'all tomorrow!  

When we were here in January we ate at Joes Stone Crab on South Beach.  It was fantastic. I’ve been watching the ships roll in since about 5 this morning, which where I’m from is actually 4, but yesterday was 3. Not sure why I’m awake so early, but we did go to bed early.  Don’t forget last night was DST clock changing time. Riviera is sitting over in J waiting for us. 

Anyone else on this cruise feel free to post on this thread also as Gary is looking for observations about Riviera from those old or new to Oceania.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Tea Snob said:

She's beautiful!  So dainty compared to that huge Virgin ship.

I looked up capacity earlier on the Virgin ships and it 2750 passengers. There was one there yesterday that left last night. 

• Like 2

First update. We won’t be going to Bermuda due to forecasted weather. We have added Great Stirrup Cay and Jacksonville. As I’ve been to Bermuda a few times I’m not upset. Others might be. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LadyCruisers said:

ORV what hotel did you use in Miami near the port?  Would like to book it for December. Thanks. 

That is the Gabriel Hilton on Biscayne. If you are there more than one day they have an hourly shuttle to their property on SB. We really liked it but it is noisy. 

• Like 2

Just had Humphry Slocombe After School Special. Vanilla with chocolate covered potato chips and caramel swirl. 

Pictures of chairs in martinis and new carpet going into GDR. 

809EBD23-98D1-4BD1-85B9-A05A0A596ACB.jpeg

3871F801-DB72-4BB8-B5C0-1BABEEA160FF.jpeg

• Like 4

We are continuing on this cruise….and boy are people angry about the change in the itinerary!  If I had a dollar for every cranky person loudly saying “. We are going to demand a refund !  And Inlove in Florida!  Why in the world would I want to go to Jacksonville!  Guess they feel that the Oceania gods can control the weather?
Anyway….had a great 10 days before this and we are still happy to be onboard.  5e new carpet is nice - but again, I haven’t seen too many truly noticeable changes other than carpet.  I DO notice a decline is service however…..as when eating across ALL venues…..we are never asked if we would like a second soda, 5e are better at the water…..and I have had some pretty snarky waitresses….mainly at the Waves Grill.  Again, many times at. Real fast I have asked for more water and no one ever returns with it.  And I am more inclined to be understanding but when I see 3-4 or more Grill waiters standing in the end near the storage areas just talking for long periods of time - that does get on my nerves.  Again, truly first world problems, eh?
hope those joining us today will be more patient and agreeable about the new port situation…..but who knows?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ORV said:

Just had Humphry Slocombe After School Special. Vanilla with chocolate covered potato chips and caramel swirl. 

I forgot to mention I did like this flavor of HS, which I didn’t have in September. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ORV said:

Looks  a lot brighter

Did you test the chairs??

How was the HS    I am sure DH would like that  flavour all his favvourite thing rolled into one 😉

1 hour ago, chloemonkey said:

.  And I am more inclined to be understanding but when I see 3-4 or more Grill waiters standing in the end near the storage areas just talking for long periods of time - that does get on my nerves.  Again, truly first world problems, eh?
hope those joining us today will be more patient and agreeable about the new port situation…..but who knows?

WOW

Have you spoken to the GM or  restaurant manager ?

What was their  reaction?

that is unacceptable

• Like 1