Camp at Sea: Toddler (2 weeks from 3rd birthday)

Boo's Mom

Hi, folks. 

I know the Shipmates Camp at Sea program is ages 3 - 5. 

On the day we sail, my grandson will be 2 weeks shy of his 3rd birthday. 

Will be potty trained. 

Looking for anyone who has experience with having asked Celebrity to move an almost eligible toddler into the Shipmate group. 

Thank you! 

Edited by Boo's Mom

Just now, Boo's Mom said:

Hi, folks. 

Will be potty trained. 

Looking for anyone who has experience with having asked Celebrity to move an almost eligible 

toddler into the Shipmate group. 

Thank you! 

While you are waiting for more current experience, I can tell you that we asked this question when we brought our kids on board Mercury back in 1998.  Our son nearly met the 3 year old age requirement, but the counselors would not allow him to be enrolled as a Ship Mate.  

There was a time when Celebrity would allow you to bring in a child under 3 years old to the Fun Factory (aka Camp at Sea), but the parent had to be there as well.  I am not sure if this is allowed anymore.  And even if it is, I know that you are looking for the ability to enroll your grandson in the kids program.  

image.jpeg.cc9e7bad38882351e500ff99ecca4bb4.jpeg

• Thanks 1

You could try.    When I was 12  they had  cheaper  prices at the movie theater for under 12,  when asked I would  say that I am going to be 12.   I wasn’t lying. 🤥  I was going to be 12 for another year.  🤓🤑

Good luck

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Edited by miched

My Daughter was 2 weeks from 3 on the Apex innaugural. Almost no children onboard. They would not accept her — claim was due to insurance, even though she met the potty trained requirement. Same thing for my nephew 4 weeks away that same year on a different ship . YMMV when aging kids up across programs, but we’ve met a hard limit on the “are they 3” question several times over.

15 hours ago, Kreative03 said:

My Daughter was 2 weeks from 3 on the Apex innaugural. Almost no children onboard. They would not accept her — claim was due to insurance, even though she met the potty trained requirement. 

Agree. It is insurance which is the issue. This is an area where a hard rule is necessary, discretion can not be applied. If they allowed in a younger toddler and there was an accident then they would not be covered. Equally, even if they were not limited by this I think they would be worried about…

15 hours ago, jelayne said:

It can become a slippery slope; if 2 weeks is ok what about 3 or 4 weeks.  

Also remember that for Camp at Sea they must be fully potty trained including ability to clean themselves up after any type of toilet trip... when our son was just barely 3, he did need a little assistance with certain types of toilet trips, so not sure if that would be an issue for you.

On 3/12/2023 at 3:09 PM, Boo's Mom said:

Hi, folks. 

Will be potty trained. 

Looking for anyone who has experience with having asked Celebrity to move an almost eligible toddler into the Shipmate group. 

Thank you! 

Can you reschedule your cruise to a sailing 2 weeks later ?