Mindful Living Tours?

toolworker

Some excursions on our upcoming Encore cruise are designated "Mindful Living Tours." The description includes "As an extension of Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, this Mindful Living tour is designed to deliver an experience that contributes to mind and body wellness."

What is the added experience on these tours?

Yoga on a beach? Chanting in a forest?

In all seriousness I have looked at these “mindful” excursions and none of them spoke to me so I passed on being mindful.

Edited by cruisr
  • Haha 3

We did a tour in Natal, Brazil that was designated a mindful living tour, it was to see a Capoeira School that is based in one of the poorer districts on the outskirts of Natal. Whether it was designated Mindful Living because it was supporting a school group that got children and adults of all ages involved in learning a dance skill I'm not sure. But the tour guide mentioned a few times how much they appreciated the support of tour groups like ours. It was one of the best tours I have been on with lots of joy from the dance participants and also from fellow passengers. 

IMG_0850.thumb.jpeg.845037a8edf81288e1bbcf7bcb394be8.jpegIMG_0842.thumb.jpeg.de981dc7c847e74d62b136addc141709.jpegIMG_0839.thumb.jpeg.8cb111e0883634782254f2f2bf40cd83.jpegIMG_0876.thumb.jpeg.c2ea8d72408618eabc0db19eef6dad04.jpeg

None of the passengers were up to doing the flips but some did reasonable kicks.

Some other tours are things like hikes if I remember correctly in the Mediterranean.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

We did a tour in Natal, Brazil that was designated a mindful living tour, it was to see a Capoeira School that is based in one of the poorer districts on the outskirts of Natal. Whether it was designated Mindful Living because it was supporting a school group that got children and adults of all ages involved in learning a dance skill I'm not sure.

So if this had not been labeled a Mindful Living Tour, would you (or anyone who took another Mindful Living Tour) have known there was anything different about it?

1 hour ago, toolworker said:

Some excursions on our upcoming Encore cruise are designated "Mindful Living Tours." The description includes "As an extension of Spa & Wellness with Dr. Andrew Weil, this Mindful Living tour is designed to deliver an experience that contributes to mind and body wellness."

What is the added experience on these tours?

You pay more money and it goes to Dr Weil. 

And I am Mindful of how he lives😁

Edited by Mr Luxury
  • Haha 3

31 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

We did a tour in Natal, Brazil that was designated a mindful living tour, it was to see a Capoeira School that is based in one of the poorer districts on the outskirts of Natal. Whether it was designated Mindful Living because it was supporting a school group that got children and adults of all ages involved in learning a dance skill I'm not sure. But the tour guide mentioned a few times how much they appreciated the support of tour groups like ours. It was one of the best tours I have been on with lots of joy from the dance participants and also from fellow passengers. 

IMG_0850.thumb.jpeg.845037a8edf81288e1bbcf7bcb394be8.jpegIMG_0842.thumb.jpeg.de981dc7c847e74d62b136addc141709.jpegIMG_0839.thumb.jpeg.8cb111e0883634782254f2f2bf40cd83.jpegIMG_0876.thumb.jpeg.c2ea8d72408618eabc0db19eef6dad04.jpeg

None of the passengers were up to doing the flips but some did reasonable kicks.

Some other tours are things like hikes if I remember correctly in the Mediterranean.

Keith in the groove there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, toolworker said:

So if this had not been labeled a Mindful Living Tour, would you (or anyone who took another Mindful Living Tour) have known there was anything different about it?

Probably not. Certainly some of the hikes they have listed that are more nature based might be more "Mindful Living" but I don't do those as my husband and I prefer to take our own hikes. Maybe it is a silly marketing tool but they didn't seem to charge anymore for it and most cruise lines seem to like to do marketing. The rare times I book a ship tour I base it on whether the description interests me and isn't something I can easily do myself.

4 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

You pay more money and it goes to Dr Weil. 

And I am Mindful of how he lives😁

I don't think we paid more than other tours but you're right sadly some goes to him and I wish they would end that contract.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, frantic36 said:

I don't think we paid more than other tours but you're right sadly some goes to him and I wish they would end that contract.

I met him on board.

I can tell you his lifestyle isn't that healthy and I for one would not be taking any advice from him about health.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Mr Luxury said:

I met him on board.

I can tell you his lifestyle isn't that healthy and I for one would not be taking any advice from him about health.

@Mr LuxuryI just think its case of you leading astray this poor man.  I heard he was writing another book about how to stay strong against the temptation of fine wine, strong drinks and brilliant conversation.

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, cruisr said:

@Mr LuxuryI just think its case of you leading astray this poor man.  I heard he was writing another book about how to stay strong against the temptation of fine wine, strong drinks and brilliant conversation.

Stay strong,

That's a laugh

When I saw him last I thought that it was his last day on Earth.

4 minutes ago, Mr Luxury said:

Stay strong,

That's a laugh

When I saw him last I thought that it was his last day on Earth.

This is exactly what I have heard.  I would not want to contribute to his coffers.  

• Like 1

A “Mindful Living” kayaking tour we took in the Norwegian fjords included stopping in a secluded area to stay still and meditate for 5 minutes. It was actually a lovely addition - the water was clear, there was no sound, the air fresh. I don’t recall that we paid any more for it.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, AnnieO2019 said:

A “Mindful Living” kayaking tour we took in the Norwegian fjords included stopping in a secluded area to stay still and meditate for 5 minutes. It was actually a lovely addition - the water was clear, there was no sound, the air fresh. I don’t recall that we paid any more for it.

Any more than what?

Which other tour are you comparing it with.