Luggage question

wrg

It really won't matter, it will arrive after being kicked and thrown a few times looking like someone else's luggage🤣.  I've tried it ALL...the best advice I can give you is buy TSA approved locks, especially to place on your luggage before you leave it at the port as well as straps.  I've lost many things IN PORT having my suitcases gone thru by port workers.  So the airlines destroy it and the port workers enjoy it.  The straps and locks make it harder to take the time so they'll find a suitcase easier to access.

• Haha 2

Switched to hard sided this year and I’ve been pleasantly surprised by how much more fits in the same size case, and how light weight the bags are. Ours fit under the bed with no problem. 

I especially like the kind that each side is its own zippered compartment. Really keeps things organized. Believe it or not, Target Carrie’s several very nicely made versions that are dupes of far more expensive brands. 

• Like 2

On a recent cruise 3 of us had hard sided luggage and 1 had a soft sided one.  His came off the airline ripped all the way down one side.  All others had no problem.  We have been using the same hard sided Samsonite luggage for years with no problems.

I prefer hard sided luggage.  Travel Pro and Away have very high ratings.  I like Delsey that is NOT a clam shell.  It unzips, the top opens, and is so much easier to pack.  I just purchased a great Delsey 19" hard sided carry on with a very user friendly front pocket.  

https://www.amazon.com/Titanium-International-Expandable-Spinner-Luggage/dp/B00MQEVGK6/?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_w=Rot2t&content-id=amzn1.sym.bc5f3394-3b4c-4031-8ac0-18107ac75816&pf_rd_p=bc5f3394-3b4c-4031-8ac0-18107ac75816&pf_rd_r=X5GFFY57Z4Y0CN3BK797&pd_rd_wg=7Mnt2&pd_rd_r=1e959dd1-a78d-45bd-9632-0e205fff39ff&ref_=pd_gw_ci_mcx_mr_hp_atf_m

Thanks all. I was concerned that our hard sided luggage would be difficult to store in the cabin. But from your responses, we shouldn't have any problems.

We use both 

HEYS  brand with  AWD   I just use zip ties for the lock they never seem to bother 

I used locks  & they cut them off

At the port  I use locks  only once in Miami did someone  try to cut it off & they must have been interrupted as they did not cut all the way through

If someone wants in the bag  they will do their best to get in

Once had a bag with the separate zip on the side  someone slashed  through on the inside into the  main bag

Some days you just cannot win 🙄

3 hours ago, LHT28 said:

We use both 

HEYS  brand with  AWD   I just use zip ties for the lock they never seem to bother 

I used locks  & they cut them off

At the port  I use locks  only once in Miami did someone  try to cut it off & they must have been interrupted as they did not cut all the way through

If someone wants in the bag  they will do their best to get in

Once had a bag with the separate zip on the side  someone slashed  through on the inside into the  main bag

Some days you just cannot win 🙄

And I thought I had all the bad luck with luggage, you beat me for sure!!! 😄 

• Haha 1

I was interested in buying some hard-sided luggage, thinking it looked tougher -- then I looked at some at Marshalls (?).  Even in the store it was banged up, and a few pieces even had holes.  That was enough to convince me to stick with soft-sided stuff.  

After 10 years working on the road I prefer soft sided with 2 quality roller blade wheels - my Travel Pro is now is nearly 14 years old (flown about 500,000 miles) and is ready for retirement but hate to part with it.  4 wheels are great for airport concourses and flat sidewalks, awful on long carpeted hotel halls and cobblestones.  

2 hours ago, SbbquilterUT said:

After 10 years working on the road I prefer soft sided with 2 quality roller blade wheels - my Travel Pro is now is nearly 14 years old (flown about 500,000 miles) and is ready for retirement but hate to part with it.  4 wheels are great for airport concourses and flat sidewalks, awful on long carpeted hotel halls and cobblestones.  

Just buy new Travel Pro....I purchase them online...the new ones I've bought as gifts are very much like my originals.

• Like 1