Has Dinner With the Officers and Behind the Scenes tours started back up yet?

PC Skier

21 minutes ago, NikiPinkston said:

Is the Behind the Scenes Tour for Platinum and above? Would love to do it but we won't be at that level until after our next cruise next month.

Yes I believe it is Platinum and above.  We are now Sapphire and have never known how to go about signing up for the tour.

• Thanks 1

On 3/16/2023 at 11:49 AM, TSUmom said:

Yes I believe it is Platinum and above.  We are now Sapphire and have never known how to go about signing up for the tour.

I had both  BTST and DWTO on the Star last week and DWTO on the Getaway in October.  To book these experiences, go to the Cruise Next desk as soon as possible on embarkation day. If you are Sapphire you also get the Wines of the World.They didn’t have it on the Star last week because they said they only had one sea day. They had it on the Getaway in October and the Epic in December.

• Thanks 1

This is probably a side topic but can someone explain to me what the BTS tours are all about? where in the ship is the tour? My husband is fascinated with the inner workings of cruise ships so I want to get an idea what it's like to see if it would be worth doing.

We went to cruisenext desk on day 2 to sign up for wine tasting, was offered dinner with officer and behind scenes tour but refused as we only wanted wine tasting, the fact that they were pushing the dinner and behind the scenes maybe means you could sweet talk them into putting you on a wait list, tell them you will be eligible after cruise, we are sapphire and there was hardly anyone at the wine tasting and the Escape was full that week.

• Thanks 1

We were on the Bliss last week and signed up for the Behind the Scenes tour at the Shore Excursion desk as soon as we boarded.  We're not Platinum and paid $129 for the tour which had just 16 people on it.  The tour was never advertised so you had to know to ask for it. Despite the cost, it was a fantastic experience as we had access to the heads of multiple areas to ask questions. We made many stops including the MDR galley, butchery, bakery, food storage, engineering room, laundry, I95, backstage of the theatre, and the bridge. 

I'd also recommend the "How to Run a Cruise Ship" Q&A on the first sea day. They didn't promote it as such, but it was Q&A with the Captain, Chief Engineer, and the ship's General Manager and the attendance was light so we had tons of time to ask questions and get to know them.  The Captain confirmed the change back to eMuster starting next month based on guest feedback, and told some amazing stories about their time spent on the ship during the Covid lockdown. 

Regarding the dinner with officers, we saw this in action one night while we were dining at Le Bistro.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 3/16/2023 at 10:25 AM, NikiPinkston said:

Is the Behind the Scenes Tour for Platinum and above? Would love to do it but we won't be at that level until after our next cruise next month.

It's available to anyone. At least last time I took it, but we had to pay for it.  There are limited amount of tickets available.

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, genealogyfan said:

It's available to anyone. At least last time I took it, but we had to pay for it.  There are limited amount of tickets available.

They are, but they are also slightly different tours, the "pay tour" is longer and covers more areas than the free Platinum tour.

2 hours ago, CaptainHollywood said:

We were on the Bliss last week and signed up for the Behind the Scenes tour at the Shore Excursion desk as soon as we boarded.  We're not Platinum and paid $129 for the tour which had just 16 people on it.  The tour was never advertised so you had to know to ask for it. Despite the cost, it was a fantastic experience as we had access to the heads of multiple areas to ask questions. We made many stops including the MDR galley, butchery, bakery, food storage, engineering room, laundry, I95, backstage of the theatre, and the bridge. 

I'd also recommend the "How to Run a Cruise Ship" Q&A on the first sea day. They didn't promote it as such, but it was Q&A with the Captain, Chief Engineer, and the ship's General Manager and the attendance was light so we had tons of time to ask questions and get to know them.  The Captain confirmed the change back to eMuster starting next month based on guest feedback, and told some amazing stories about their time spent on the ship during the Covid lockdown. 

Regarding the dinner with officers, we saw this in action one night while we were dining at Le Bistro.

Was that $129 each?? It was about half that when I did it pre-covid and they also did a photo in the galley that we got a print of at the end of the tour.