Has anyone seen the ''Donna Summer'' show on N.C.L. what is it like.

dolittle

I have read more than once about N.C.L having a show with her music. I am a big fan of her music and think it is perfect for a cruise show . Has anyone seen this what is it like ,has it started yet or Am I dreaming this up (don't think so) .B.T. W. if there are any Disco bashers(are they still around?) around fell free to join in .

4 hours ago, dolittle said:

I have read more than once about N.C.L having a show with her music. I am a big fan of her music and think it is perfect for a cruise show . Has anyone seen this what is it like ,has it started yet or Am I dreaming this up (don't think so) .B.T. W. if there are any Disco bashers(are they still around?) around fell free to join in .

We saw the show on Norwegian Prima. It was fantastic. Three people play Donna at different stages of her life. They all had incredible voices. If you go to the late show on the right night, after the show, the theater is converted into Studio 54 for a disco dance party. Very fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, dolittle said:

It is a story about her life from a young church choir girl to the pop star. Lots of very familiar music (some from the early days which are not as familiar). Donna Summer led a hard life from being abused as a young child to people taking advantage of her as she became famous. 

We have seen the show twice on the Prima and enjoy the vocals of all three Donna's (young, prime, and mature). We also found it interesting to see the cast hanging out together a lot of nights at the buffet. 

This is not the Prima but shows some of the scenes from the theater shows

• Like 2

This jukebox bio musical got decidedly mixed to negative reviews on Broadway and ran just nine months. If you focus only on the music, treat it as a concert, and don’t expect to learn much about Donna Summer, it has its moments. 

• Like 1

The Donna Summer show was pretty good on Prima, but be warned there are some mentions of adult themes in the show, so you may not want to have littles there. (You may not want to have littles on the Prima, period, actually...Not as much stuff for them to do vs the Breakaway Plus class ships.)  Noise Boys was phenomenal, though! I'm so grateful I got to see it before they nixed it.  Also, I am not a fan of Disco...most 70s party nights are just meh if not outright cringey to me.  But the Disco Experience (or whatever they're calling it) on Prima was a highlight of the trip.  They did SUCH a great job with it! Sensoria was pretty good too, but the Disco night was better. 

• Like 1