Diamond Status Match

I believe you can ask RCL to add your "significant other" onto Diamond.  Is this right, or do you need to be married?

Also, significant other has never cruised before - what is the process for getting that set up?  We are in the UK

thank you 🙂

26 minutes ago, *twinkle* said:

I believe you can ask RCL to add your "significant other" onto Diamond.  Is this right, or do you need to be married?

Also, significant other has never cruised before - what is the process for getting that set up?  We are in the UK

thank you 🙂

8 minutes ago, joeyancho said:

Call Crown and Anchor office.  

800 526 9723

oops. You’re in the UK. Sorry. 

If you prefer to arrange it in person instead of over the phone, the ship has a loyalty ambassador and office hours are posted in the Cruise Compass. You can visit the ambassador and they can upgrade your significant other to Diamond on the spot. This assumes a non-married significant other qualifies, I don't know the exact rule but they will need to at least reside at the same address as you. 

Just be warned, especially if you wait to do it on the ship, they made it as difficult as possible for my daughter.

She and her boyfriend moved in together last summer. She called and asked to status match.... no problem. She noticed his set sail pass didn't say D+, so she called again. They decided they needed proof, but didn't tell her. Since he hasn't changed his driver's license (from a different state), she offered up a copy of their lease. They said that wouldn't prove that they live together.... that was a battle she was willing to fight. Much time spent on the phone, and they finally accepted the lease as proof. But also told her to let them know if the time comes and she wants his status removed... 

Thank you for all the replies.  Have called Crown and Anchor, and they are saying "significant other" needs to have at least 1 cruise point.  As they have never cruised before, this will not be possible. 

I'm not even sure if it's possible to sign up for C&A until after your first cruise.  

Any suggestions on a work around, or is that it?  Obviously still have the option of asking the C&A concierge whilst onboard, but would prefer for it to be settled prior to boarding.

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, *twinkle* said:

Thank you for all the replies.  Have called Crown and Anchor, and they are saying "significant other" needs to have at least 1 cruise point.  As they have never cruised before, this will not be possible. 

I'm not even sure if it's possible to sign up for C&A until after your first cruise.  

Any suggestions on a work around, or is that it?  Obviously still have the option of asking the C&A concierge whilst onboard, but would prefer for it to be settled prior to boarding.

Thanks again!

Just call back and talk to someone else. This is SO not true. They can give a C&A number before sailing, as long as there's a booking.

I just double checked - her boyfriend's Set Sail Pass definitely lists him as D+ and he has never sailed before. It was confusing because the first time she called, they set him up with a C&A number, and it wasn't until a couple calls later that they finally set him up with matching status.

Edited by Candleonwater

Take this for what it's worth:

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/dam/royal/resources/pdf/crown-and-anchor-society-benefit-grid.pdf

"To qualify as a Crown & Anchor Society member, you must have taken at least one eligible Royal Caribbean cruise. Program level accrual is based on the number of eligible cruise points earned per individual".

AND:

"A Crown & Anchor Society member can be added into a relationship with other family members in the same household and receive equivalent tier status; however, Cruise Points will remain according to actual cruises taken and calculated using the Program level accrual system described above. Pinnacle Club member tier status will not be awarded to dependents if earned by their parent and/or guardian. Pinnacle Club member tier status can only be earned by an individual, spouse, or significant other* by one of them accumulating 700 Cruise Points or more in the Crown & Anchor Society program. For all tiers except Pinnacle Club, a relationship is defined as a spouse or significant other* and children less than 18 years old. For Pinnacle Club a relationship is considered a spouse and/or significant other*.

*In all instances, a “significant other” is defined as someone in a similar relationship to an individual as a spouse". 

14 hours ago, RedIguana said:

I have never bothered calling to set up C&A for my wife. Just applied for a number via the web-site and linked her. 

I have tried to find a way of doing this (without success).  Everything seems to point to having taken at least one cruise.

13 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

Just call back and talk to someone else. This is SO not true. They can give a C&A number before sailing, as long as there's a booking.

I just double checked - her boyfriend's Set Sail Pass definitely lists him as D+ and he has never sailed before. It was confusing because the first time she called, they set him up with a C&A number, and it wasn't until a couple calls later that they finally set him up with matching status.

Will try calling again.  Hopefully I will get someone who will provide a C&A number pre cruise.

3 hours ago, *twinkle* said:

I have tried to find a way of doing this (without success).  Everything seems to point to having taken at least one cruise.

Go to the Crown and Anchor website. Click on something (such as make an inquiry). A pop up sign in screen should appear. Click on create an account. See if that works for you.

21 hours ago, *twinkle* said:

Thanks again!

My daughter-in-law had never cruised until she got married. She had no C&A membership. My son called C&A prior to their first cruise together and had her matched with his C&A Diamond status. No "proof" was required.

22 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Go to the Crown and Anchor website. Click on something (such as make an inquiry). A pop up sign in screen should appear. Click on create an account. See if that works for you.

Yes that allowed me to make a Royal Caribbean account, so now registered for the app etc.  But did not get a C&A number unfortunately.

3 hours ago, *twinkle* said:

Yes that allowed me to make a Royal Caribbean account, so now registered for the app etc.  But did not get a C&A number unfortunately.

Sorry been 4 years since I signed my wife up. Can you now log into that person and enter your booking number and see your cruises? Might be another button to get a number from that screen.

8 hours ago, *twinkle* said:

Have you tried calling again? I really hate how it takes multiple phone calls to things straight.

10 hours ago, RedIguana said:

Sorry been 4 years since I signed my wife up. Can you now log into that person and enter your booking number and see your cruises? Might be another button to get a number from that screen.

If your wife has a C&A number and has set up an on line account, you can log in to her account and see how many points she has.