Junior suite Royal Up bid question

We are sailing later this year and are debating on Bidding to upgrade our cabin.  We are currently in a balcony cabin. I chose it and it is unobstructed.   I would prefer unobstructed obviously, but that won't upset my cruise.  I am on vacation, that is the main thing.  So my question is..... Are there any bad junior suite cabins, bad locations, are there any obstructed junior suites?  I know I am taking a chance if I decide to bid, just wanting to be prepared for what could happen.  Thanks,

10 minutes ago, Annicruise2014 said:

🤣

It’s Friday lol.  Freedom of the seas.  Ty

On Freedom, with the exception of the Junior Suites at the very center of the back (aft facing), there are no "obstructed" side facing junior suites.

Freedom_aft_balconies2.jpg

1 hour ago, simon.hed said:

@orville99 where'd you get that pic of the ship? I have seen those but not familiar with origin.

I honestly don't remember. I've had that on my computer for ages. I think it originated on CC a long time ago - it is date stamped as 2012. Probably found this one the same way.

RadianceAftViewcabinsws.jpg

Edited by orville99

1 hour ago, orville99 said:

On Freedom, with the exception of the Junior Suites at the very center of the back (aft facing), there are no "obstructed" side facing junior suites.

Freedom_aft_balconies2.jpg

That picture isn't accurate as that ship was changed during an amp.  There are four JS across the center aft that are set way back in the ships steel structure making the balcony at least ten feet from the edge of the ship.  Definitely not worth the Royal Up money.  No way I would bid on a JS on either Voyager class or Freedom class ships due to those cabins.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

That picture isn't accurate as that ship was changed during an amp.  There are four JS across the center aft that are set way back in the ships steel structure making the balcony at least ten feet from the edge of the ship.  Definitely not worth the Royal Up money.  No way I would bid on a JS on either Voyager class or Freedom class ships due to those cabins.

So you agree with me that those cabins are obstructed, which is exactly what I said.

Bidding will more than likely (high probability) net you an obstructed view or accessible junior suite.  They are typically the ones that are left until last for those actually booking them.  I would go into it thinking that's what you are bidding on and if you get one that is not obstructed or accessible, that would be a nice surprise.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, orville99 said:

hat picture isn't accurate as that ship was changed during an amp.

Actually, since all of the "amping" on Freedom and Voyager class ships was done to the decks above deck 10, the picture is accurate relative to the placement and level of obstruction of the cabins in question.