Marina and Riviera Spa Pools

kjbacon

Are they the same? Some info I’m finding says that Marina has 2 whirlpools and the deck plans show the one larger spa pool like Riviera. If you’ve been on Marina somewhat recently, your help here is appreciated. 

Just now, sitraveler said:

It’s been a while, but the spa decks are different, as you describe.  
Also in the boutique, on one it’s perpendicular to the outside, on the other it’s parallel. 

There’s a sofa in the boutique, couldn’t edit. 

Riviera has the larger therapy spa pool. (Though the deck plans on O's web site show no difference.) Someone posted pictures of their differences some time last year on a thread here. I was on Riviera 12/2021 and she had the larger therapy pool.

On the Marina recently. Only two spa hot tubs. Assume that when it goes through its "refresh" they will upgrade it to be similar to the Riviera. Have you seen how Oceania has upgraded the Riviera's to the new one on the Vista? It is pretty amazing.

24 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

On the Marina recently. Only two spa hot tubs. Assume that when it goes through its "refresh" they will upgrade it to be similar to the Riviera.

Never  assume

They  did not change them in the  last refubs

26 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

On the Marina recently. Only two spa hot tubs. Assume that when it goes through its "refresh" they will upgrade it to be similar to the Riviera. Have you seen how Oceania has upgraded the Riviera's to the new one on the Vista? It is pretty amazing.

They changed the Therapy Pool on the Riviera?

If so, are there any current photos?

We made very good use of that... nice a warm, and not an "enclosed feeling" like with a shared "whirlpool tub".  In fact, even better, there was almost never anyone in there with us!

GC

19 hours ago, GeezerCouple said:

They changed the Therapy Pool on the Riviera?

If so, are there any current photos?

We made very good use of that... nice a warm, and not an "enclosed feeling" like with a shared "whirlpool tub".  In fact, even better, there was almost never anyone in there with us!

GC

When the Riviera  was built  they put the larger T pool   not the  2 hot tubs like on Marina

They made several changes to Riviera  when she  was built  as many made comments about things on Marina 

Later they did make some changes to Marina

Like that darn step at the bottom of the grand staircase ..people kept tripping on  & the yellow hazard tape did not look great on a nice new ship 😉

20 hours ago, ChadnKate said:

2 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

When the Riviera  was built  they put the larger T pool   not the  2 hot tubs like on Marina

They made several changes to Riviera  when she  was built  as many made comments about things on Marina 

Later they did make some changes to Marina

Like that darn step at the bottom of the grand staircase ..people kept tripping on  & the yellow hazard tape did not look great on a nice new ship 😉

Hi LHT28,
My query was in response to ChadNKate's comment, which seemed to apply to recent changes on Riviera's spa deck.

GC

6 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Hi LHT28,
My query was in response to ChadNKate's comment, which seemed to apply to recent changes on Riviera's spa deck.

GC

Hopefully someone will have photos if the T pool if it was changed 🙂

1 minute ago, LHT28 said:

Hopefully someone will have photos if the T pool if it was changed 🙂

The T pool has not changed on Riviera.  It is the same as when the ship first sailed.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

Hi LHT28,

GC

Didn’t mean to imply that Riviera recently added the larger thalassotherapy spa pool, just that what’s on the Marina is not up to snuff for Oceania’s larger ships. 

26 minutes ago, ChadnKate said:

Didn’t mean to imply that Riviera recently added the larger thalassotherapy spa pool, just that what’s on the Marina is not up to snuff for Oceania’s larger ships. 

Thanks.

Good to know no changes.

That T pool on Riviera is one reason we don't choose Marina, although we would for compelling itinerary reasons.

🙂 

GC

29 minutes ago, Sujormik said:

Anyone willing to describe the T pool? Is that only on the spa deck? Does it cost extra?  Very confusing.

Yes only on spa deck 

If you are in  a Concierge  or higher cabin cat you have free access  to the spa deck

You can ask the spa manager for  a day pass  for  a fee

T pool= thalassotherapy  is on Riviera   the Marina have hot tubs on the spa deck

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/spa-terrace-311100/spa-terrace--v14125007/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sujormik said:

Anyone willing to describe the T pool? Is that only on the spa deck? Does it cost extra?  Very confusing.

It's like a hot tub, but much larger, and rectangular shaped.

One can move about much more than in a regular sized hot tub.  The one on Riviera has an odd seating area along one side with some jets.  I didn't find it all that comfortable, but we both love the warm water and the space.  Usually, there was no one else in when we were there; occasionally one other couple, and there's plenty of room for that.

GC

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

Yes only on spa deck 

If you are in  a Concierge  or higher cabin cat you have free access  to the spa deck

You can ask the spa manager for  a day pass  for  a fee

T pool= thalassotherapy  is on Riviera   the Marina have hot tubs on the spa deck

https://www.cruisecritic.com/photos/ships/riviera-607/spa-terrace-311100/spa-terrace--v14125007/

Thank you. We are on Marina but a hot tub in Scandinavia could be nice!

24 minutes ago, Dwtlion said:

I have not found anyone who likes the tortuous metal “bench” in the Riviera T pool. Had hoped it would be gone with the refit, but alas no such luck.

I had never heard anyone else complain about it, although I also never heard anyone claim to enjoy it.  No one seemed to mention it.

I'm not sure "how it is supposed to be used"... this must be the first time I've ever wished a seat (!?) had come with instructions. 😉 

GC

23 minutes ago, GeezerCouple said:

I'm not sure "how it is supposed to be used"... this must be the first time I've ever wished a seat (!?) had come with instructions. 😉 

We felt the same way. It took up a lot of room, but I didn't understand the purpose.