Wonder vs. Excel class?

irun5k

29 minutes ago, nelblu said:

I have no idea as I never cruised Carnival.  It was a question to poster (unfortunately, I left the? off) that I will not name who made the following statement " And I sure miss my free drinks and wifi on carnival. 

Anyway, have a good evening.

Oh .. ok. I said when I cruise on carnival I miss my rcl perks. Was not saying carnival had these perks. I meant I miss my free rcl vouchers and wifi...wish carnival did offer better perks. 

Rcl has better perks imo. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Oh .. ok. I said when I cruise on carnival I miss my rcl perks. Was not saying carnival had these perks. I meant I miss my free rcl vouchers and wifi...wish carnival did offer better perks. 

Rcl has better perks imo. 

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

I have no idea as I never cruised Carnival.  It was a question to poster (unfortunately, I left the? off) that I will not name who made the following statement " And I sure miss my free drinks and wifi on carnival. 

Anyway, have a good evening.

As an impartial bystander, I initially read firefly's post as it was intended.

However, I now understand the confusion, and nelblu's interpretation.

I think the mixup on nelblu's part was genuine, and I hope that you two can make up :⁠-⁠)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, irun5k said:

Thanks, sounds like a little more elaborate version of Blue Iguana on Carnival, so I think we would enjoy it.

Had El Loco Fresh for free on the Oasis last June.  No way does it compare to Blue Iguana.  El Loco was self serve and pre-made burritos, whereas Blue Iguana is made to order right in front of you.  And they also have breakfast options which El Loco fresh does not have.

1 hour ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

Had El Loco Fresh for free on the Oasis last June.  No way does it compare to Blue Iguana.  El Loco was self serve and pre-made burritos, whereas Blue Iguana is made to order right in front of you.  And they also have breakfast options which El Loco fresh does not have.

On Wonder they did have breakfast, it must vary by ship.

3 hours ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

They had breakfast at the El Loco on Oasis when I sailed it 4 times.

12 hours ago, Thisguylikestocruise said:

On Wonder they did have breakfast, it must vary by ship.

They do have breakfast, but it is American style.  Think eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and waffles.  It was good, but not like Blue Iguana.  There you have empanadas, breakfast burritos and huevos rancheros.  They also have the Mexican fixins bar set up, too. Quite good!      

30 minutes ago, RoperDK said:

They do have breakfast, but it is American style.  Think eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, and waffles.  It was good, but not like Blue Iguana.  There you have empanadas, breakfast burritos and huevos rancheros.  They also have the Mexican fixins bar set up, too. Quite good!      

Gotta remember, you're on the RCI boards, they will defend they line of choice no matter what.

Many would prefer to pay extra at Johnny Rockets on Royal instead of enjoying Guy's burgers for free on Carnival.

I haven’t sailed carnival since mid 80’s and have no intention of sailing, one of my friends sailed them then rccl . He disliked carnival 15 drink limit for liquor package rccl has no limit. I not sure if carnival has suite perks, like rccl suite perks, although celebrity is better.

12 hours ago, George C said:

I haven’t sailed carnival since mid 80’s and have no intention of sailing, one of my friends sailed them then rccl . He disliked carnival 15 drink limit for liquor package rccl has no limit. I not sure if carnival has suite perks, like rccl suite perks, although celebrity is better.

Out of curiosity I spent a few hours researching Celebration. Although the Excel ships have added many suites, they are all modest in size. The forward and aft suites have incredible balconies but all of the cabins are somewhat ordinary for a such a large ship. As far as I can tell, there is no dedicated suite lounge other than Loft 19 which is open air (?), and not much more in perks other than concierge services, free soda, and free room/laundry service. Overall it would be a step down from Royal's offerings.

For lighter, paid for options on Wonder, you have mason jar and playmakers.  There’s no BBQ on wonder.

we enjoyed el loco fresh on oasis, but I haven’t sailed celebrity in years so can’t compare.  We also liked the free pizza from sorrentos.

On 3/25/2023 at 10:56 AM, irun5k said:

Thanks, sounds like a little more elaborate version of Blue Iguana on Carnival, so I think we would enjoy it.

If you want to eat a lot of different options on Wonder then you probably need the unlimited dining package. Otherwise stick to MDR and buffet.

My opinion on venues:

Blue Iguana > El Loco Fresh

Johnny Rockets > Guy's Burgers

Chops > Carnival Steak House

Royal MDR > Carnival  MDR

NCL food better than both 🙂

1 hour ago, george35 said:

Ist time on the Wonder & would like to know all the FREE dinning spots on the ship, not cheap but just paid for 9 people to go on the ship.

The app lists all the dining venues and any cost associated with them.

6 hours ago, Pratique said:

Out of curiosity I spent a few hours researching Celebration. Although the Excel ships have added many suites, they are all modest in size. The forward and aft suites have incredible balconies but all of the cabins are somewhat ordinary for a such a large ship. As far as I can tell, there is no dedicated suite lounge other than Loft 19 which is open air (?), and not much more in perks other than concierge services, free soda, and free room/laundry service. Overall it would be a step down from Royal's offerings.

Mardi Gras/Celebration have 2 levels of suites.  They all include priority embarkation, 2 large bottles of water, a dedicated guest service line, and priority debarkation.  The upper (Excel) suites also include laundry, soda package and free room service.  The room service is only from the very limited room service menu.  Excel suites have access to Loft 19 but have to pay for cabanas.  Loft 19 has a pool, hot tub, and drink service.  The benefit of booking with Carnival is price. Royal has better perks especially on Oasis and Quantum class ships.  We prefer Royal, but Sky and Star class is soooo expensive right now.  

• 2 weeks later...

Have you seen the Icon pricing?  Icon promises more dining venues, but it is crazy high.  And our suite went up 2000 from when we booked it opening reservation day.  Like the previous poster said, most of us on this thread are loyal to royal, but weigh out what works best for your family..