Uber

rjrpar

We have found them to be very knowledgeable.  On our most recent cruise, we had one scheduled and waiting for us at the pier when we disembarked.  It was nice not having to wait.  Our embarkation day was also by UBER Black and they were waiting for us at the curb at the airport.  The driver wasn't terribly familiar with the port but between his GPS app and the signage, we managed.

2 hours ago, rjrpar said:

Sorry, going to Port Everglades

We've used Uber or Lyft many times and recommend it. The only issue I've ever had was my driver missing a turn because we were having such a good conversation! 🤣

We have been using both Uber and Lyft in Fort Lauderdale for about 5 years.  Never had a problem getting from FLL to hotels. Hotel to Port and Port to FLL.      I usually check both apps and select by time and price. 

1 hour ago, A Sixth? said:

We were robbed by a cab once in Ft Lauderdale 

Uber is great and we used it a few weeks ago at Port Everglades 

Yes, while not “robbed” depending on interpretation we had a bad experience last year with a cab there. We usually use Uber/Lyft and decided to go old school and use a cab. Never, ever again! Uber or Lyft from now on!

I used Uber to catch my Tampa departing Constellation cruise from a airport hotel just a few weeks ago. Was at the hotel under 5 minutes and had me at the cruise terminal drop-off in around 20 minutes. Worked great and it was under $20. 

+1 on Uber, we used it for the first time last month to go from the Renaissance to Terminal 2 at PE. Couldn't be easier.

Question for you experienced Uber users: When we disembarked at T2 after our cruise, I wanted to Uber from there to FLL. When I turned the corner and proceeded to the rideshare pickup area, there were a million people crammed around, all staring at their phones trying to find their driver and car. Ubers were double- and tripled parked loading people, blocking traffic and it looked very unnerving. We got scared off by seeing that and grabbed a taxi instead, as there were no lines and taxis are very plentiful. Do you find it easy to find your driver in that pandemonium, I'd really like to try it on our next trip in May? Thanks...

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

+1 on Uber, we used it for the first time last month to go from the Renaissance to Terminal 2 at PE. Couldn't be easier.

Question for you experienced Uber users: When we disembarked at T2 after our cruise, I wanted to Uber from there to FLL. When I turned the corner and proceeded to the rideshare pickup area, there were a million people crammed around, all staring at their phones trying to find their driver and car. Ubers were double- and tripled parked loading people, blocking traffic and it looked very unnerving. We got scared off by seeing that and grabbed a taxi instead, as there were no lines and taxis are very plentiful. Do you find it easy to find your driver in that pandemonium, I'd really like to try it on our next trip in May? Thanks...

Finding your Uber at a cruise terminal is multiple times easier than fighting a rowdy crowd leaving a rock concert!!! 

The App has many features to help connect you with the driver. This is why folks are on their phones comparing location spots. spotlight, lIdentifying the vehicle (color, make, etc) and using msg to communicate with the driver. 

It helps to wear something bright like a hat, or move away from the busiest spot to a wall with a number or paint color or something identifying. And it really works best if you study the App and know all its pickup features.

Edited by SteerageJoe

5 hours ago, lx200gps said:

I really dislike those chaotic situations (what does a white Kia look like) and avoid them when the taxi option close in price and more orderly like at PE to FLL 

• Like 1

We have found that the hotel shuttle to the port is a bit more expensive (a couple of dollars) than a taxi or Uber (from the Hyatt Place Convention Center) for two people.  One person the shuttle is cheaper.  We normally take the shuttle as its a bit easier (we have had a no show taxi before) and we are not in a big hurry.

2 hours ago, Miss SeaBee said:

Roughly, what is cost of Uber/Lyft from hotel to Port Everglades? We will probably be at Hampton Inn. They offer shuttle, but I have heard it is more expensive than Uber.

Easiest way would be to check the Uber Price Estimator site

https://www.uber.com/global/en/price-estimate/

and input your EXACT origin and destination (there seem to be three different Hampton Inns near Port Everglades, and PE has a number of piers/terminals) and it will give you an estimate of the cost for all Uber options, though you may face surge pricing. Uber is so easy down there that it is now our preferred way to get from hotel to ship, hands down.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Easiest way would be to check the Uber Price Estimator site

https://www.uber.com/global/en/price-estimate/

and input your EXACT origin and destination (there seem to be three different Hampton Inns near Port Everglades, and PE has a number of piers/terminals) and it will give you an estimate of the cost for all Uber options, though you may face surge pricing. Uber is so easy down there that it is now our preferred way to get from hotel to ship, hands down.

Indeed, right now it is surge pricing at $25 for UberXL - Hampton Inn to Terminal D