Celebrity Eclipse SLANTED balcony advice needed

1JockeyGirl

Looking to book a deluxe veranda on decks six through eight or prime concierge balcony cabin on decks nine through twelve on Celebrity Eclipse.

These are mostly cabins with “slanted’ balconies such as these on starboard side of deck 10:

Any advice as to which to pick or avoid? (Stbd or port side, decks 8-12, have similar in same locations.) Any info about size, privacy, views, etc, appreciated.

Big concern is if a forward face of the slant such as 1044 or 1106 or 1194 are “windy’ when underway like a forward balcony/standing at the bow???

Thank you in advance!

1 hour ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Book a rear-facing slant, either port or starboard.  The first and third balconies on the slant have the largest balconies.

Do you mean 1st and 3rd of the rear-facing ones, counting to the back? So 2nd and 4th for the front-facing ones?

Hump balconies - better than ‘on the slant”!

So consensus is avoid the orange, blue is good, green is great with largest balconies. Did I get greens right place?

Anyone actually stayed in red 1194 at rear or equivalent? It looks intriguing!

We considered an aft balcony but decided they weren’t very private on this ship.

Thanks for advice!

A7AB2A4C-5903-47D4-82CF-D97DB343EDF3.jpeg

3 hours ago, 1JockeyGirl said:

So consensus is avoid the orange, blue is good, green is great with largest balconies. 

I wouldn't say avoid the orange, as with their size they are still better than a regular balcony, but they would be the third choice after green and blue.

14 hours ago, 1JockeyGirl said:

Any advice as to which to pick or avoid? (Stbd or port side, decks 8-12, have similar in same locations.) Any info about size, privacy, views, etc, appreciated.

Big concern is if a forward face of the slant such as 1044 or 1106 or 1194 are “windy’ when underway like a forward balcony/standing at the bow??

My personal preference:

Take any slanted over non-slated.

Take mid ship slated over aft or bow (less rocking)

Take rear facing over forward facing (less wind)

Take non-connected over connected (the line in the deck plan shows connection)

So on deck 11 my personal order would be:

1245/1120/1243/1122  >>>> 1229/1231/1106/1108  >>> 1247/1249/1124/1126  >> 1075/1077/1044/1046 >>> 1401/1194 >>>>>>>> every other non-slated balcony

We were in a forward facing slanted cabin on deck 8 port side. We thought our neighbors were smoking, it was the smoke from deck 5 forward smoking area.

If you don't like smoke, go starboard, unless you are on a higher deck.

Since the balconies are deep and the dividers go all the way to the railing, we have never experienced more wind in a forward facing unless we are standing at the railing and even then not really unless extreme weather.

Edited by lovecruzin

2 minutes ago, Arubamoose said:

Our first balcony was on the Solstice - 9292.  

Spoiled us forever.  Mid-ship, biggest balcony, rear facing.

Some folks that don't like them say that is like being in a tunnel.

I didn't think so.

Thanks - looking at that exact location or almost all the way aft 1194.

Leaving LA to Mexico does port side provide a coastal view/twinkling lights that first evening?

19 minutes ago, 1JockeyGirl said:

I would think that would be extremely noisy being just under buffet?

Actually, it's under the men's restroom...and is the exact stateroom I've booked for next year...

It's listed in the S-sticky towards the top of the questions home page...no complaint about noise...

3 hours ago, 1JockeyGirl said:

I would think that would be extremely noisy being just under buffet?

No, it's under the Gents rest room. I wouldn't have recommended this cabin to you if I wasn't sure it's the best cabin on the whole ship (except suites), after reading several reviews, going through the S-Class Cabin Information Compilation thread, etc. I decided to book this cabin for myself.  Transatlantic cruise  (April 22, 2024).

Edited by gerelmx

I was in cabin 7208 a few years ago, a rear facing slanted balcony. The location was very nice. Yes, you couldn't see ahead, but the balcony was very large and had a lounge and two chairs and a table. The room was nice, but needed updating in 2017, the bathroom could have used an update, fresh caulking, maybe, and the bedside tables looked a little worn. Eclipse hopefully has been updated since then, but it wasn't bad. I was happy with the room.

image.thumb.png.7eefdaab8bcded08d15682e75e953350.png

On 3/27/2023 at 5:10 PM, 1JockeyGirl said:

Looking to book a deluxe veranda on decks six through eight or prime concierge balcony cabin on decks nine through twelve on Celebrity Eclipse.

These are mostly cabins with “slanted’ balconies such as these on starboard side of deck 10:

Big concern is if a forward face of the slant such as 1044 or 1106 or 1194 are “windy’ when underway like a forward balcony/standing at the bow???

Thank you in advance!

My partner and I have had room 1120 on deck 10 the last three cruises we have been on as well as our next one coming up. 

You can still see forward pretty well. We like it cause it’s right by the elevators and another plus is that the door is a few extra feet from the hallway so people aren’t walking right by your door. A little less noisy. 

On 3/28/2023 at 1:17 AM, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

Book a rear-facing slant, either port or starboard.  The first and third balconies on the slant have the largest balconies.

Please stop and stick to the line that "All slanted balconies are terrible and must be avoided at all costs". Otherwise those of us that love them will have even more trouble booking one. Thank you.🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Thanks so much for the advice! We were leaning towards the top deck option but ended up with 9292 and 9237 - the first rear facing midship slants as another couple decided to join us. So one port and one starboard.

Thank you!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, swigso said:

We loved #1552, any cabin below would be great fantastic balcony looking aft no wind 

if you like it please do not tell anyone

Love that cabin.  Great balcony and close to Solarium and gym. 

This one of the things I like about the S class.  There are a bunch of hidden gems for balconies.  

On 3/29/2023 at 9:34 AM, the penguins said:

Please stop and stick to the line that "All slanted balconies are terrible and must be avoided at all costs". Otherwise those of us that love them will have even more trouble booking one. Thank you.🤣

I booked a cruise on Silhouette for 30/09/23 and we were only able to book 1 slanted balcony. 
It actually the first on the slant, but it was the only one(6236)

None on a higher deck which I would have preferred.

The invoice also says waitlisted for Select dining, even though I choose Select dining.

Anyone come across that before?

Edited by upwarduk