What is your favorite non alcoholic beverage ?

lenquixote66

14 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

A mocha egg cream made with dark cherry seltzer!  Also classic Coke on ice and definitively root beer…A&W in a frosted mug is just fine.

I have been drinking Chocolate Egg Creams since Snaider’s began selling Chocolate Syrup.

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have been drinking Chocolate Egg Creams since Snaider’s began selling Chocolate Syrup.

I love these…2 ounces of half and half, 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 ounce of good chocolate syrup, 1 packet of Sweet and Low and stir well.  Top off with chilled black cherry seltzer and stir gently.  Sometimes, in the warmer weather, I even put in a scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream to make an outstanding ice cream soda.

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I love these…2 ounces of half and half, 1/2 teaspoon of instant coffee, 1 ounce of good chocolate syrup, 1 packet of Sweet and Low and stir well.  Top off with chilled black cherry seltzer and stir gently.  Sometimes, in the warmer weather, I even put in a scoop of chocolate or vanilla ice cream to make an outstanding ice cream soda.

In 2006 I was in a very small town in Texas on a very hot day.I went into a restaurant just looking for a cold drink.The waitress said I have just the thing and she brought out a delicious egg cream.I never saw that on a menu outside the NY,NY,CT and PA area.

1 hour ago, lenquixote66 said:

In 2006 I was in a very small town in Texas on a very hot day.I went into a restaurant just looking for a cold drink.The waitress said I have just the thing and she brought out a delicious egg cream.I never saw that on a menu outside the NY,NY,CT and PA area.

They are out there and very satisfying on a hot day.  We had a deli with a soda fountain, now gone, just down the street from my house.  They introduced me to the joys of egg creams and ice cream sodas long ago.  They always served them with a cold seltzer chaser on the side.  As Commander Schweppes once said, “Curiously refreshing!” We always called them “New York egg creams”.  

17 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

They are out there and very satisfying on a hot day.  We had a deli with a soda fountain, now gone, just down the street from my house.  They introduced me to the joys of egg creams and ice cream sodas long ago.  They always served them with a cold seltzer chaser on the side.  As Commander Schweppes once said, “Curiously refreshing!” We always called them “New York egg creams”.  

When I was in my teens I would go with friends nearly every Sunday night to an ice cream parlor for an ice cream soda which cost a quarter and a seltzer which was free.

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, lenquixote66 said:

When I was in my teens I would go with friends nearly every Sunday night to an ice cream parlor for an ice cream soda which cost a quarter and a seltzer which was free.

Love the seltzer chaser!  When I was a kid you could go to any soda fountain and get a milk shake for a quarter.  If you added a scoop of ice cream the shake became a frappe and it cost ten cents more.  Imagine…an ice cream frappe for 35 cents!  Those were the days…sighhhhh.  

1 hour ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Love the seltzer chaser!  When I was a kid you could go to any soda fountain and get a milk shake for a quarter.  If you added a scoop of ice cream the shake became a frappe and it cost ten cents more.  Imagine…an ice cream frappe for 35 cents!  Those were the days…sighhhhh.  

What happened to an old fashion after school Chocolate Soda. 

Loved the Foam on top

Of MUST use U Bet made in Brooklyn. 

3 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I miss those days.With all the scientific advances life for me was a lot safer.I had a girlfriend living in a very high crime area.I walked home at 1AM many nights without any worry for my safety.

1 hour ago, BklynBoy8 said:

What happened to an old fashion after school Chocolate Soda. 

Loved the Foam on top

Of MUST use U Bet made in Brooklyn. 

I went to school with Bobby Snaider.His family owned Snaider’s Chocolate Syrup.

On 4/1/2023 at 10:44 AM, shipgeeks said:

Ok, what is an egg cream?  I see it on menus in NYC coffee shops.  Have asked what it is, never got a clear answer.  So have never ordered one.

An egg cream is a couple ounces of syrup with a shot of cream topped off with seltzer water.  The ratio is about 1/3 syrup and cream and 2/3 seltzer.