March 30 , 2023 weigh in

Izena

Good morning.  I hope everyone is doing well.  Spring is here. Time to get more active and enjoy the nice weather.  

im eating a little better still stressing.   Not consistently weighing it only stresses me more.

MYmajor stressors are getting under control.  I had a  May 5 cruise that got cancelled BUT I was offered  date changes, room upgrades, and compensation for any incurred change fees.  I came out a winner.    The other stressor is my 15 year old dog who has started slowing down and ended up at emergency vet. That has turned out well he was started on medications which I think make him feel better.  I will have to add more walks for just me since I don’t want to hurt him.  

it would be nice for all of you who just read our posts would say hi.   I find the support and encouragement helpful and the accountability of weighing and telling someone helped me lose 100 lbs. and now help me maintain it. 

Hello!

We are home for 4 1/2 months!  Since starting back cruising after Covid we have done right at 30 cruises.  Taking a break this summer.  I had lost weight to start back cruising....and I have found it!  I have put on 17 pounds over 30 cruises.  Actually when I think about it, that may not be too bad.  It could have been much worse!  Well, I have my work cut out for me now.  Izena, I hope that makes you feel much better about the small amount you have found.  But we both know it will continue to "grow" if we don't address it.  That's why I am back here!  I have to be able to get back in my cruise clothes before August.  We are hopefully going to have some remodeling at home this summer also.  I know that will be stressful.  So I am so glad to have someone to vent to😁.

Enough rambling...good luck with weighs today!  Later....Susan

Susan wow 30 cruises- I might reach that as a lifetime total of cruises.  Were they mainly a few b2b2b etc.   17 lbs not too bad.  Yes we sneed this site to keep an eye on the numbers — hopefully keeping small gains we can correct.  

im feeling better.  Jazzper/dog now on a heart medication  (murmur and enlarged atrium probably mitral valve issues) been 3 days and I think he feels better.  Will limit cruises until he crosses the rainbow bridge — his sitters have moved to Oregon.   

Izena - I hope Jazzper continues to feel better!!!  I weighed myself yesterday and am the same that I have been for quite awhile - at least there is no gain.  

Hope everyone has a good week!!!

Susan - wow 30 cruises - how lovely!  Jan

On 3/30/2023 at 6:37 AM, Izena said:

it would be nice for all of you who just read our posts would say hi.   I find the support and encouragement helpful and the accountability of weighing and telling someone helped me lose 100 lbs. and now help me maintain it. 

Hi! 
I am an utter newbie here, and I’m looking to lose and tone (the latter is more important to me), before a Sept 2 embarkation. And, well, my son’s wedding in June. I’m the officiant! Need to look on point.

I don’t have a scale at the moment (thanks, leaking batteries), but I believe I’m about 18 determined to not budge pounds away from goal weight. 

I have a major food holiday coming up, Pesach, on April 5, and it’s always a challenge. Because I’m vegetarian and limited in my options, which swing sweet, and I have a serious sweet tooth.

100 down is amazing! 

• Like 1

True peace welcome - Rocky Mountains are my favorite place fell in love with Breckenridge 33 years ago - can’t afford but did the next best thing moved into a subdivision called Breckenridge Forest.

It’s okay you don’t have a scale. Just let us know if you sticking with you plan ie eating right foods and moving .   Maybe take measurements ..  Find some way so you can see improvement.   With scales I can see my status and wether I’m treading back up.  

I’m on my 3rd day of being good.  Cut calories down to 1000.  Most significantly I’ve not eaten a cookie , candy or other concentrated  sweet in 3 days. Not hungry and not really missing the sweets. 

Hello to you all. On the downward days of the cruises. Lose an hour tonight.

I've tried to be good, some days feel like I've done it other days feel like I gained.

See when I get home to the upside down world and my house. Painting is done but

not the floors. So can't back put back everything for awhile.

I want to stay on the ship in Fantasy Land where I'm spoiled and not in our world

at the moment.

Glad everyone is doing pretty good or at least trying to get on track. So hard I know.

I have to after all the food that is on here.

Izena and Jan glad you kept the board going, Susan glad your back and welcome Peace.

Down with the pounds for us ALL.

• Like 1