OCEANIA CRUISES RAISES THE BAR ON ENTERTAINMENT UNVEILING BROADWAY-CALIBER ENTERTAINMENT ABOARD NEWEST SHIP VISTA

RetiredLifer

Though I've never forgotten the sight of the crowd exiting the lounge at about 6:30 pm after watching the comic perform a 5:30 show (Riviera, 12/16/2021). A thundering herd running to the elevators to make their dinner reservations. You did NOT want to get in their way.

• Haha 3

We’ll be in the Vista on June 11. 

We’ll know early!

As far as cast shows, we had the same shows on the Sirena in Oct as we did the Marina last month. Just a larger cast, particularly more dancers. Highly doubt a different set of shows on Vista, or Vista specific , but anxiously awaiting.

3 hours ago, MEFIowa said:

Though I've never forgotten the sight of the crowd exiting the lounge at about 6:30 pm after watching the comic perform a 5:30 show (Riviera, 12/16/2021). A thundering herd running to the elevators to make their dinner reservations. You did NOT want to get in their way.

LOL. Been there!

Just now, techteach said:

Ah yes, Karaoke.

Well I was thinking more of  passenger that  did  singing or musical performances

Some were actually quite good  but that was over 20 years ago  when we saw  this on ships

On 3/31/2023 at 1:01 PM, jonthomas said:

Our priorities are to keep food as the highest priority, next to that is to maintain high quality lecturers and thirdly is to keep the wonderful incentives to participate in as many activities as possible. That is what is bringing us back to Oceania. 

We are in the last 2 days of being on a Viking ship  our last with Viking. We are using up covid credits. While waiting for this V cruise, we have done 3 O cruises and just hope the same quality we recently enjoyed on the Riviera in the Carib, continues. This decision is not based on the types of entertainment options are or would be available in the future.

Which Viking ship and why the last?

2 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Well I was thinking more of  passenger that  did  singing or musical performances

Some were actually quite good  but that was over 20 years ago  when we saw  this on ships

2 hours ago, techteach said:

Sorry @LHT28, I was joking.

Actually, even though you guys were joking, years ago I was on a Carnival cruise and they had one night as a Star Search type show with guests that signed up for it early in the cruise. There was one young girl, (20s) that absolutely blew away anyone that they had in their professional troop. Production shows at the time was one of the highlights of Carnival cruises, so it was a pretty high bar. 

• Like 4

On our recent Marina cruise I went to Karaoke one night after the show. This guy gets some and sings a love song for his wife that was just incredible. He had been a professional singer for around 20 years and had appeared in top venues around the country/world. Seems the travel and the fame were getting in the way of his marriage and he chose his marriage. Not even the staff wanted to follow that performance.

• Like 2

The shows aren't all just the entertainment team.  We've had some incredible performers brought in over the years we've been cruising. For me the hardest part is when you are on b2b cruises and it's the same shows both cruises.  Some are worth seeing again, and some aren't.

• Like 1

Please do not take this the wrong way, but Count me in as someone who absolutely does not care about this addition.... I'm not into cruise ship entertainment of this fashion. There are so many other things to entertain me, my traveling companions to start with. 🙂  I worry that Oceania is spending money on something that isn't part of their core strength. I have yet to take my first O cruise, so don't lash out at me, but my first is coming up, on Vista, SOON. I'll check things out, so I can have an educated opinion, but my expectations are not high or eager for the "entertainment", ie dancers, singers, shows. I'm not a negative nelly. I'm super excited about my upcoming cruise, but the entertainment has nothing to do with the excitement. 

In July we, and neighbors are cruising on Vista out of Rome.  This thread is very disappointing because we have been on bigger ships with large floor shows and those bore us.  We also have bragged about the HIGH quality dining, and now are saddened to read Jacques has been replaced by, what reads like a Logans Road House. Even my 18yr old grandson appreciates the difference in average food and fine dining.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, barnstormer said:

In July we, and neighbors are cruising on Vista out of Rome.  This thread is very disappointing because we have been on bigger ships with large floor shows and those bore us.  We also have bragged about the HIGH quality dining, and now are saddened to read Jacques has been replaced by, what reads like a Logans Road House. Even my 18yr old grandson appreciates the difference in average food and fine dining.

Why not  just wait & see  how things are onboard

With Oceania  there is not a big deal with the entertainment   some will like  it some will not

Food is subjective

But there are other venues  to keep your tummy filled

Don't worry  it will not be Michelin star  but it can still be very good 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, barnstormer said:

We also have bragged about the HIGH quality dining, and now are saddened to read Jacques has been replaced by, what reads like a Logans Road House. Even my 18yr old grandson appreciates the difference in average food and fine dining.

We have avoided Vista and try to book Riviera.  Ship has been beautifully redone and still has Jacques, a beautiful room and food to match.  Embers on Vista appears to be a casual dining experience with no dress code and a nothing special menu. Those who enjoy dining casual will probably welcome this restaurant and those who prefer a more formal atmosphere will not. Our 20th O cruise is next month and we have never had dinner in Terrace Cafe.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jayne E said:

...try to book Riviera. ... Our 20th O cruise is next month and we have never had dinner in Terrace Cafe.

Opposite for us. We've done 10 nights each on Riviera (12/2021) and Sirena (11/2022) and have NEVER eaten in the MDR. Always the TC for us, eating under the stars if not in a specialty restaurant.

• Like 2