Shareholder benefits

cruiseforus

43 minutes ago, Illsticktocrusing said:

I typically print to PDF and edit as needed so I have one file with multi pages

So if I understand correctly, download statement (8 pages) as pdf, and I can then attach it to the request form? AND if I do that  how do I black our acct #

6 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

So if I understand correctly, download statement (8 pages) as pdf, and I can then attach it to the request form? AND if I do that  how do I black our acct #

If you have Acrobat there is an erase function.  Otherwise you can print, sharpee the acct # and rescan.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, newcruzer2 said:

You do not need all 8 pages.  You only need to submit the page that shows the number of shares of Royal Caribbean Stock and make sure it has your name on it .. I have always just sent a single page. 

As @marieps said, I take the page I need to send and black out any non-relevant information with a sharpie, scan and save as a PDF.  That is the page that gets submitted. 

• Like 2

An alternative is to email your request for OBC along with the reservation and proof of RCL ownership as attached files to ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com.

In November I emailed my OBC request for two different cruises that I had just booked.  8 hours later, I received an email confirming that the specified amount of OBC will be applied to both of my bookings.

image.png.6c7739f3ad0e2afe57d5a82e71a88115.png

Edited by mahdnc

3 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

An alternative is to email your request for OBC along with the reservation and proof of RCL ownership as attached files to ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com.

In November I emailed my OBC request for two different cruises that I had just booked.  8 hours later, I received an email confirming that the specified amount of OBC will be applied to both of my bookings.

Same for me, David.  I emailed to get OBC on the holiday cruise last year and the form let me fill out the Silhouette TA which would sail a year later.  No problem.  Hope you're well.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sunonfire said:

It would only allow me to submit one file. I had 2 pages to submit. I had to put the 2 pages side by side and then submit as one file. Was there a better way?

This is exactly what I’ve done. After I photograph the 2 pages side-by-side I used editing tools to highlight name, date, and shares of stick. You can of course highlight prior to taking a photo, but I’ve had to help my brother submit his information and the photo he sent hadn’t been highlighted as requested. 

9 hours ago, newcruzer2 said:

7 hours ago, thebutlerdidit said:

This is exactly what I’ve done. After I photograph the 2 pages side-by-side I used editing tools to highlight name, date, and shares of stick. You can of course highlight prior to taking a photo, but I’ve had to help my brother submit his information and the photo he sent hadn’t been highlighted as requested. 

I submit only one page of my monthly statement showing date of statement (black out account number), my name and address and shares of RCL.  (I black out all other investments I have.). Then I upload the redacted page as a PDF and attached it  to my application for OBC.  The website form permits up to 10 planned cruises. Never had any problems doing this.  I am a big believer in "less is best".

• Like 1

9 hours ago, marieps said:

Same for me, David.  I emailed to get OBC on the holiday cruise last year and the form let me fill out the Silhouette TA which would sail a year later.  No problem.  Hope you're well.

Last summer, I submitted my application for OBCs on 11 cruises out to late 2024, using RCL's online application form.  Got confirmation that everything good within days of submission.  I just need to get my act in gear to submit my OBC request for January and May cruises in 2025!  🙂 

9 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

You do not need all 8 pages.  You only need to submit the page that shows the number of shares of Royal Caribbean Stock and make sure it has your name on it .. I have always just sent a single page. 

As @marieps said, I take the page I need to send and black out any non-relevant information with a sharpie, scan and save as a PDF.  That is the page that gets submitted. 

DaKahuna is right on the mark!!  Why submit 8 pages when 1 page will do the job?

I submitted a couple of days ago for the first time, it was approved. Celebrity sent an elaborate email about everything that I can purchase ahead of time. Luckily I did scroll down to the bottom of the page. There was an attached PDF which I clicked on and there was my onboard credit approval. It was fast but I almost deleted the email.

I also have Carnival Corporation stock. They just send an email with 3 sentences - very clear.

On 4/4/2023 at 8:33 AM, newcruzer2 said:

That would work but depending on your statement -   I usually just submit one page that shows the shares as well as name and account number (which I redact).   If all information isn't on the pages with the shares I just create a pdf of 1st page and page with shares.   Never had a problem.

BTW I recently used the web portal page and entered 6 cruises out through 2024 and received  OBC's  for all 11 cruises with one submission.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

That would work but depending on your statement -   I usually just submit one page that shows the shares as well as name and account number (which I redact).   If all information isn't on the pages with the shares I just create a pdf of 1st page and page with shares.   Never had a problem.

BTW I recently used the web portal page and entered 6 cruises out through 2024 and received  OBC's  for all 11 cruises with one submission.

I’ve had similar experience this year. Entered one 9-day and two b2b cruises, five legs total in 2023, received OBC for all within a week. 

I've always just submitted one redacted page from my brokerage statement.  There is now an electronic option, rather than fax or mail.  On our upcoming cruise, it took about 48 hours for the credit to appear in my account.  I redact with a scissors rather than a Sharpie.

On 4/4/2023 at 8:33 AM, newcruzer2 said:

worked for me 

• 1 month later...

Just submitted and was approved for two cruises, one end of June - 5 weeks out, another on RCL at end of September, so outside final payment.  Submitted April statement - cover page and one detail page with non-relevant information blacked out.

Received email notification for both bookings including updated invoice.  Alse went to the cruise planner and verified updated OBC available in the planner.

Submitted thru the website, easy as can be. 

Took a photo of my cut and pasted brokerage statement indicating my RCL shares, attached it to the electronic form and received this reply that benefit was denied because Unable to open/read Stock Statement, please resubmit. 

44 minutes ago, TMLAalum said:

Took a photo of my cut and pasted brokerage statement indicating my RCL shares, attached it to the electronic form and received this reply that benefit was denied because Unable to open/read Stock Statement, please resubmit. 

Alternatively, email your request and proof of stock ownership to ShareholderBenefit@rccl.com. That has worked better for me than the online site. 

• Thanks 1