Spa Time Slots?

NJRonbo

So I just realized, if I read correctly, you can book your Spa treatment 6 months before your sailing?

I am now a little more than 2 months away and I am looking to book a couples massage.

I only see two time slots for the three days in port.  8am and 7:45pm.   Is this normal or did I just reserve too late and most of the prime slots have already been reserved?

45 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Is this normal or did I just reserve too late and most of the prime slots have already been reserved?

Probably the latter.  There aren't that many couples treatment rooms (and maybe only 1) on the ship, which means there aren't very many slots.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bjahil47 said:

When you get on board go to the Spa and see what’s available.  That’s what we did and were able to get the time we wanted for a couples massage.

I think that's a good idea, but just to be certain that we don't lose out, I am going to make an advance reservation anyway.  There are only two slots available during our cruise and I don't want to chance they sell out.  

• Like 1

we always book ahead to get port pricing discounts and the time slots we prefer.   No appts are available for spa  or Ketistase on Ascent for next yr.. Guess too early???

My friend and I noticed that they limited the number of available slots for pre-booking. We had hoped to have side-by-side pedicures, but it showed there was only one at a time possible. Once on board, we were surprised to see that someone else was having a pedicure at the same time and had just walked up and booked it onboard. IMO, they should have all available time slots on offer online for pre-booking, but they apparently don’t. My advice would be to head straight to the spa once you board to book.

• Like 1

On 4/7/2023 at 2:09 PM, Arizona Wildcat said:

About 25% of slots are available for prebooking.  Just do it on board.

That sounds like the best thing to do, but the prices increase once you board.  Preboard you get a discount.

We could just make an appointment before boarding and change it once onboard.  However, something tells me they will make us pay the difference in price between preboard and onboard.

• Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 10:25 AM, NJRonbo said:

So I just realized, if I read correctly, you can book your Spa treatment 6 months before your sailing?

I am now a little more than 2 months away and I am looking to book a couples massage.

I only see two time slots for the three days in port.  8am and 7:45pm.   Is this normal or did I just reserve too late and most of the prime slots have already been reserved?

I booked a deep-tissue massage for my wife as a surprise before our cruise about a month before our latest cruise, which ended last week. At that time, there were only a few time slots available but the cost was definitely lower than it would have been if I'd booked it once onboard.

Ultimately, my wife called the spa and changed the time anyway -- she prefers very early (8 a.m.) vs. the mid-day slot I'd booked. Go figure 😆

cjr

5 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

I booked a deep-tissue massage for my wife as a surprise before our cruise about a month before our latest cruise, which ended last week. At that time, there were only a few time slots available but the cost was definitely lower than it would have been if I'd booked it once onboard.

Ultimately, my wife called the spa and changed the time anyway -- she prefers very early (8 a.m.) vs. the mid-day slot I'd booked. Go figure 😆

cjr

Thank you for this.

Were you charged more for the schedule change since you prebooked it at a discount?

Just now, NJRonbo said:

Thank you for this.

Were you charged more for the schedule change since you prebooked it at a discount?

No, when my wife called, the spa peeps just changed the time of her appointment that day; no extra charge.

cjr

15 minutes ago, CNSfromHI said:

No, when my wife called, the spa peeps just changed the time of her appointment that day; no extra charge.

cjr

Thank you for this.  Great information.

So, that tells me, it's good to book *something* before you board to get the discount, but once you board you can change the time without having to pay the onboard price. 

Good to know this!! 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, NJRonbo said:

Thank you for this.  Great information.

So, that tells me, it's good to book *something* before you board to get the discount, but once you board you can change the time without having to pay the onboard price. 

Good to know this!! 

That wasn’t the case when I tried to change the time of a facial once onboard, I was charged the higher price.

1 minute ago, jelayne said:

That wasn’t the case when I tried to change the time of a facial once onboard, I was charged the higher price.

Ooooh.  Okay, good to know.

So, it seems like one's mileage may vary but I tend to think if they are offering you a discounted time slot before you board and you change it, they are going to charge you for the more expensive slot.  But, that's just my own assumption.