Check-In Time

2 minutes ago, read2learn said:

My cruise planner says check-in will begin tomorrow. Do you know if it opens at midnight ? I want an early check-in time if possible. 

Thanks!

Yes, midnight (or a few minutes after).

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, taglovestocruise said:

👍 Three cruises, three different embarkation ports, two different countries in last 6 months... checkin time never mentioned or checked. 

Eleven cruises in the last 6 months from 3 different ports in Florida. I have seen everything from check-in times being strictly enforced to check-in times never mentioned like you have experienced. 

• Like 1

I board tomorrow and have an 11 am checking I think. I’ll have to pull out my paperwork cause I get the below message on the app. I land at like 6 am so I’ll be attempting to board with the first group. If I get turned away so be it. 

9CE6F503-EF46-440C-A30C-9FFC2E68368C.png

DO you have to complete everything to get a check in time, or can you go back and finish at a later, Also can you book entertainment at the same time?

Edited by iKarenE
done in error

44 minutes ago, iKarenE said:

DO you have to complete everything to get a check in time, or can you go back and finish at a later, Also can you book entertainment at the same time?

You can finish everything later. Just pick time 

1 hour ago, iKarenE said:

Also can you book entertainment at the same time?

Any booking for entertainment opens the first of the month, prior to your cruise. Not sure your sail month. I find booking entertainment on the website is better. 

Edited by crzndeb

12 hours ago, Denversail said:

I board tomorrow and have an 11 am checking I think. I’ll have to pull out my paperwork cause I get the below message on the app. I land at like 6 am so I’ll be attempting to board with the first group. If I get turned away so be it. 

9CE6F503-EF46-440C-A30C-9FFC2E68368C.png

Try the website.

13 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

Eleven cruises in the last 6 months from 3 different ports in Florida. I have seen everything from check-in times being strictly enforced to check-in times never mentioned like you have experienced. 

Agree, 2 out of 3 Ports in Florida at least twice each where they checked and stopped passengers from Boarding earlier then their Group. Miami were lined up outside along sidewalk and Tampa they had them wait outside Fences. Will it happen to most, no, but it has at times

I spoke with RCCL today, re early embarkation for those with Jr. Suites on the Wonder 4/23 sailing.  She was reading all of the perks from a list, with one being early embarkation. I was told that we can arrive “anytime at all, prior to official boarding times”. I have no idea what to think, as I have read very differing opinions on early boarding for Jr. Suites. Does anyone know the facts? 

35 minutes ago, 7680 said:

I spoke with RCCL today, re early embarkation for those with Jr. Suites on the Wonder 4/23 sailing.  She was reading all of the perks from a list, with one being early embarkation. I was told that we can arrive “anytime at all, prior to official boarding times”. I have no idea what to think, as I have read very differing opinions on early boarding for Jr. Suites. Does anyone know the facts? 

On our last couple of cruises no one has really been adamant about the times.  If there are a lot of people all at once, they may start forming lines by official check in time, but if it's not too crowded I don't think they care. Their goal is to make the embarkation process as smooth as possible and they just don't want thousands of people showing up all a the same time.  This was especially true during COVID, but they seem to be moving past that.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, FPP777 said:

When I look in my planner online, it says i can check in on June 8th for a July 23rd cruise. In the app, it says "app check-in opens 90 days before your cruise", so which one is it?

On all our cruises it has been at 45 day mark to check in. 

• Like 1

On 4/10/2023 at 5:27 PM, 7680 said:

I have no idea what to think, as I have read very differing opinions on early boarding for Jr. Suites. Does anyone know the facts?

Jr. suite Port Canaveral 2019 Harmony and Miami August 2022 Explorer arrived early and used the suite check-in line. 

• Like 1

I think semantics is at issue here with three terms:

1.  Arrival-Time

2.  Check-In

3.  Boarding-Time

What I'm going to say may be wrong and I'm sure someone will correct me.  But, this is my current understanding:

1.  Arrival-Time is the time you chose to show up at the entrance to the terminal if you do it early enough you can pick your preferred time.  You chose your Arrival-Time when you "Check-In". However, if you snooze, you lose.  Your preferred "Arrival-Time" may have been taken.  If there is no back-up at the terminal, the "Arrival-Time" is set aside and you just proceed into the terminal.  

2.  Check-IN is when you are able to "Check-In" on the App or RCCL's website (I believe it is normally available at 45 or 90 days out, I can't remember the exact amount of days).  Has nothing to do with showing up at the terminal other than picking your "Arrival-Time".  You can elect to not "Check-In until you arrive at the terminal but that slows things down a little, for you.  Early "Check-In" is kinda like pre-checking in with an Airline, you get your boarding pass and can skip many of the processes but there is still some further requirements/processes after you arrive at the terminal.

3.  Boarding-Time is a thing of the past (Pre COVID).  Now, from what I've experienced when you enter the Terminal, you go through the processing, to begin with, and if the terminal is backed up for one reason or the other (ship showed up late, passengers not leaving the ship, Coast Guard Inspections, etc), once the ship is available for boarding, they will start calling out "Arrival-Times", well, status persons go first, regardless of what the actual time of day is and you proceed to embark on to the ship.  If the terminal isn't backed up, you just proceed to board the ship.

On 4/8/2023 at 4:34 PM, read2learn said:

My cruise planner says check-in will begin tomorrow. Do you know if it opens at midnight ? I want an early check-in time if possible. 

Thanks!

12:05AM EST