Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

Weather Report -   King's Wharf - Bermuda - Gang way just up at 3:45 pm

Temps between 65 early and  high of 69.   Perfect day for walking -   Cloudy with a light afternoon drizzle.  Sidewalks now wet but we just got misted on while ashore.

Just as we depart -  Gangway just pulled.   One of the officers just waved at me.

IMG_2698.thumb.jpeg.a0fd6c0246b47e74ba02b76d0ba08077.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Sorry for getting carried away.... OK.... I had a Triple Shot Cappuccino to start my morning.   Reminds me of College Where we would pop an Amphetamine the night before Finals and read  the entire text book and memorize in in ONE night.

As a current college instructor.....I would not recommend this method 😂

• Like 1

@kwokpot  remind me of you and husbands names.    I feel like I’m insulting people with their moniker.   I’m the worst remembering names.  

at first when I saw that wonderful cart.  Why haven’t I run into it yet.  I would be enticed to invite their server back to the room and ask him to leave the cart. 

• Haha 1

Last night we decided to go to Eden again.   We were not disappointed.    Honestly I have to again say that it put my favorite Murono down a notch.   Not that Murano has gone down hill, the Luminae experience is both Unique an incredible.

First off the restaurant is amazing and magical.    Sometimes can get a little noisy if someone is doing a set that is loud.   Last night they had Charlie a very talented Welshman doing a guitar solo -  at 8:15 followed by quiet background music.   at 10:15 they had the evening show - Night of Adrenaline with Violinist Virusco Kassia   as we were leaving she was playing to a full house and Enya style music. 

Ok --- get your appetite ready....

• Like 4

My niece attended the National Golden Retriever Day in Golden CO this year with her dog.  I think she said there were over 2000 dogs.   This is a stock photo

The other in a clever way to remember a dog 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

IMG_0542.jpeg

IMG_0172.png

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

John -- your mean..  LOL.    Can you FedEx me on.    They told me if I pickup the Gelato they will make me one.

Let me talk to Benny at Cafe al Bacio and Briton in the Retreat Lounge and see what they can do to help you out.  

I am tempted next time to say a large martini glass from the Martini bar and take that when I order my next one.  They are delicious, even when I ask them to skip the chocolate sauce. 

I’ll try for a better picture of the menu.  We have two more reservations on the British Isles about a month from today. 

Our waiter - Lolita was so much fun.   She is from Indonesia and the youngest of 10 children.  An infectious smile and personality of a comedian.  

She recommend I try the Aegean Sea Ceviche. She then went on to explain each layer of taste, texture and smell.   She was spot and I will definitely do again

IMG_2614.thumb.jpeg.195a9f649b7f2f3c2e1b8e1d76c6afcc.jpeg

Iain had the Mulligatawny Soup.   She explained that it did have curry but no heat and what last on the pallet a slight warmth. 

IMG_2615.thumb.jpeg.125d9f91428a11739e8046e9960a8b0f.jpeg

The sommelier was excellent and Iain again had a 1/2 bottle Pouilly- Fuisse.  
The service is flawless and Lolita topped up Iain’s wine to go with his appetizer.  

Dinner

Ww both chose the Lobster 🦞 

Disclaimer photo of menu and lobster from first visit

IMG_2087.thumb.jpeg.6c10cd5b8f3477e4252212bcbdb8dc93.jpeg

IMG_2613.jpeg

• Like 10

33 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

@kwokpot  remind me of you and husbands names.    I feel like I’m insulting people with their moniker.   I’m the worst remembering names.  

at first when I saw that wonderful cart.  Why haven’t I run into it yet.  I would be enticed to invite their server back to the room and ask him to leave the cart. 

I don't feel slighted in the least. Anthony here and my husband is Robert. Both native NY'ers now retired to Philadelphia for 17 years. 

Photo is another from our January cruise on Virgin's Valiant Lady.

As I had indicated in an earlier post we'll be on the Apex in July for an Icelandic, Ireland, and Scotland cruise. Post cruise we were originally going to train to Paris for a few days before flying home but 2 months ago my sister announced she wanted to do a Greek Islands cruise with her family and wanted to see if we can make it a family outing. My mom and dad, 85 and 93 respectively, jumped at the chance to be away with the whole family ( Oh and to top it off mom & dad will be treating the whole family, all 9 of us!) So we changed our plans and will be off to Rome after the Apex for the Odyssey of the Seas 7 day Greek Islands cruise. 

PXL_20230118_001850296.jpg

• Like 9

Desert. My favorite part of a meal. 

This time Iain had the Meyer Lemon Tart. And I had the Strawberry Shortcake. 

She also brought a 1/2 order of the Chocolate

IMG_2619.thumb.jpeg.9b247892855bf4a65648c083df6ef189.jpeg

IMG_2620.thumb.jpeg.0564cc69faf4a2c6848077ce1b13b8a3.jpeg

IMG_2621.thumb.jpeg.e3344e60d5935bff3870894a06b956fb.jpeg

Followed by Petit fours. 

IMG_2622.thumb.jpeg.069bf06dfb399f65712496185fda257e.jpeg 

Tart and Strawberry were perfect.  Chocolate Ultra Rich and only took a bite.  For me would be far too decided and rich.  If you love chocolate you would me in heaven. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, AbbyCruiser45 said:

As a current college instructor.....I would not recommend this method 😂

I know... I know ... back last century ---- we would just go to a truck stop where you could buy "Diet Pills" as they didn't require prescriptions.     Now unfortunately we have a terrible addiction epidemic.

By the day after the Final I had forgotten everything I memorized... well must have retained something as I stayed on the dean's list.

11 minutes ago, Pennstatedj said:

We enjoyed Charlie"s performances whenever he played, especially in Eden. Also, do not miss the Mad Hatter at the Eden lounge. We were on the ship last month. Enjoy. 

Will try ... with 6 sea days and about another month on board we may be able to squeeze it in.  Surely I jest...

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Let me talk to Benny at Cafe al Bacio and Briton in the Retreat Lounge and see what they can do to help you out.  

I am tempted next time to say a large martini glass from the Martini bar and take that when I order my next one.  They are delicious, even when I ask them to skip the chocolate sauce. 

I know on Solstice the bartender snuck out and came back with Martini Glass filled and made me one as a  surprise. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

I don't feel slighted in the least. Anthony here and my husband is Robert. Both native NY'ers now retired to Philadelphia for 17 years. 

Photo is another from our January cruise on Virgin's Valiant Lady.

As I had indicated in an earlier post we'll be on the Apex in July for an Icelandic, Ireland, and Scotland cruise. Post cruise we were originally going to train to Paris for a few days before flying home but 2 months ago my sister announced she wanted to do a Greek Islands cruise with her family and wanted to see if we can make it a family outing. My mom and dad, 85 and 93 respectively, jumped at the chance to be away with the whole family ( Oh and to top it off mom & dad will be treating the whole family, all 9 of us!) So we changed our plans and will be off to Rome after the Apex for the Odyssey of the Seas 7 day Greek Islands cruise. 

PXL_20230118_001850296.jpg

Great picture --

Hope our paths cross at some time..    As you know we are considering other option now that we have planned our adulterous Affair with Ponant in September.     Once we have cheated for the first time in 23 years with Celebrity we will be lecherous and give some other cruise lines a try.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

You need to pan a little to the left....  We are not visible but first cabin next to the Captains and the Bridge.

I know, but that’s as far as the cam would go.  It then rotated all the way right to see the NCL ship.

Wanted to give a big shout out to @Mike & Mike    We met them on the first day of this cruise.   We met Mike in Retreat and later got to meek Mike (2) in Luminae.   You know how bad I am with names but no trouble with them.  

Speaking of that --- I've met about 1/2 dozen other followers who of course I have a terrible time matching Monikers and names ---   Jerry and Terri,  Marty and Margy 

If we happen to meet please remind me so I can match up you Moniker and Name ---

I just cringe to think of coming up to two guys and call them QuackPot (misspelled on purpose) and finding out it wasn't Anthony.   Let alone meeting @IPeeInThepool  -  blush blush

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I know, but that’s as far as the cam would go.  It then rotated all the way right to see the NCL ship.

LOL... when I did go out I realized... I was on Port side and could see where the cam is. 

3 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

Did someone say lemon tart? 

IMG_8745.thumb.jpeg.379ce84cc012f40a79b276ca9353afb3.jpeg

John === I'm going to turn you over my Knee and spank you. 

They also don't have my favorite lemon tarts on Apex.    They occasionally have a Lemon Tartlet but looks like it might be on top of a sponge not butter crust.   Also has Meringue on top.   So far hasn't tried.

Any of you on Apex tried and can describe.   I may break down and get one and if I don't like drop on the floor and stomp on it...  JK..

• Like 2
  • Haha 2