Elite check in line?

remydiva

First cruise post CoVid. Do they still have Elite check in line and pre boarding lounges? We leave from FLL.

We need to pick up medallion at check in so won’t have any ‘ID’ to show our ‘loyality’ level like in paper boarding pass days.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sirclean said:

I have not traveled FLL since COVID, but with my other trips, there was a lounge. 

Yes I recall that as we are flying in, using their transfer so seem to arrive early needing to wait.

maybe the so called staggered boarding times that no one abides with will help:)

13 minutes ago, remydiva said:

First cruise post CoVid. Do they still have Elite check in line and pre boarding lounges? We leave from FLL.

We need to pick up medallion at check in so won’t have any ‘ID’ to show our ‘loyality’ level like in paper boarding pass days.

We've sailed three times post-COVID, once from Brooklyn and twice from PE. In November,  at PE Terminal 2, there was an Elite lounge upstairs to wait in for boarding to start. In February, boarding started so early that they didn't even bother setting up the lounge. We waited in the lower level waiting hall then headed right onto the ship, with boarding prioritized the usual way.  Both times there was a priority status line to enter the check-in hall when we first arrived.

27 minutes ago, remydiva said:

Yes, you tell them that you are elite, always print your travel summary. 
It should show your elite level on the upper right side. Good to have this with you anyway.  Shows details on your cruise, booking no, pre purchased items, etc. 

You will be asked outside if you’re an Elite. You’ll go through the Elite line from the outside to inside the terminal, 

pick up your medallion and be directed upstairs to the Elite lounge waiting area.  Boarding starts with Suites/Elites first.

Last month out of Ft Lauderdale, Terminal 2, went very smoothly.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, PacnGoNow said:

It should show your elite level on the upper right side. Good to have this with you anyway.  Shows details on your cruise, booking no, pre purchased items, etc. 

You will be asked outside if you’re an Elite. You’ll go through the Elite line from the outside to inside the terminal, 

pick up your medallion and be directed upstairs to the Elite lounge waiting area.  Boarding starts with Suites/Elites first.

Second this.   

22 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Thank you this is exactly what I needed to hear. Yes I always print up everything! But I’ll go and highlight the teeny tiny ELITE!

1 hour ago, remydiva said:

First cruise post Coid. Do they still have Elite check in line and pre boarding lounges? We leave from FLL.

We have sailed from Ft. Lauderdale since Covid.  No, there is no Elite check in line, and no lounge (that we saw).

26 minutes ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

We have sailed from Ft. Lauderdale since Covid.  No, there is no Elite check in line, and no lounge (that we saw).

Respectfully disagree.  We've cruised Ft Lauderdale since covid - we arrive around 11 am - and went in the door for checkin, entered the "elite and suite" line, went to the desk from the "elite and suite" line to get our medallions (we are Canadian so they are not mailed), and sat and waited to board the ship upstairs in the elite lounge with the other elite and suite passengers.   We were the first group to board.   The platinums sit outside the elite lounge and board after us.  

• Like 8

1 hour ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

Previous poster sailed out of FLL last month so maybe you sailed earlier? 

March 12th Regal boarding out of PE had the Priority Line plus regular boarding line outside the terminal doors.  Priority line entered the doors first.  There were, I believe 2 or 3 staff, checking your paperwork before either sending you to pick up your medallion or straight to the Elite Lounge.  We got to the Elite Lounge around 10:45 and by 11:00 we were boarding the ship.  One of the fastest check-ins we have had.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpcountryTravelers said:

What terminal were you at?  Something a-miss here.  Most certainly there is as others attest.

2 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

What terminal were you at?  Something a-miss here.  Most certainly there is as others attest.

Maybe @UpcountryTravelers arrived after the lines that form before checkin opens had dissipated and after boarding started for elite passengers and were able to go right on board?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, remydiva said:

At San Francisco there is only one line into the terminal regardless of your statues. Once through security there are stations where you tag your Medallion & they check documents sometimes & then there is a section for Elite. 

In Cruising from San Pedro the line outside the terminal was the same for everyone. Guess it depends where you cruise from if there are separate lines outside the terminal as I’ve never experienced that. 

I would print our your travel summary where it shows that you are Elite. 

Tom😀

3 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

In theory, you can do it self-serve.  Just connect and look at the offers.  Hopefully, single day is there.

4 minutes ago, eclue said:

WE will all get there sooner or later and spend the same amount of time on the ship. We are elite but who cares if we board first....just putting that out there. Safe travels to all!

Oh I hear ya .. just nice to not have to walk all the way left to go wayyyyyyy to back of line esp in FLL if don’t have to.

so few elite perks left this was one very small one 🙂

Just now, UpcountryTravelers said:

I think it was #2, but not sure, as I never look at terminal numbers, only ship name.  Even then, the shuttle takes care of that.

As someone else suggested, perhaps you arrived after general boarding had begun and then there is no need for a lounge nor priority waiting area as you just head right onto the ship after completing the check-in process.

Just now, Steelers36 said:

As someone else suggested, perhaps you arrived after general boarding had begun and then there is no need for a lounge nor priority waiting area as you just head right onto the ship after completing the check-in process.

We usually get there 11:30 or so.  And, yes, after the normal check-in process (same for everyone) you can usually just go on aboard with everyone else, from blue on up.  (Medallion makes it about 30 seconds faster, as the only difference is that they don't have to go get your card.)

I have cruised from FLL 2× post covid (12/9/21, 12/8/22) and yes there's a separate line & lounge.  Comical story: on 12/8/21 the port staff continually redirected me to general line telling me "that line is only for Suites & Elites." Had to remind them that 40+ cruises with a black medallion means I'm eligible. Guess us Californians are too casual for Floridians. Finally asked a Princess person to help me access lounge. He was so apologetic.  So dress like a Floridian not Californian 😊

Edited by Ombud
Typo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

I have cruised from FLL 2× post covid (12/9/21, 12/8/22) and yes there's a separate line & lounge.  Comical story: on 12/8/21 the port staff continually redirected me to general line telling me "that line is only for Suites & Elites." Had to remind them that 40+ cruises with a black medallion means I'm eligible. Guess us Californians are too casual for Floridians. Finally asked a Princess person to help me access lounge. He was so apologetic.  So dress like a Floridian not Californian 😊

And just how different do we Floridians dress???  I put my shorts on one leg at a time, and sandals one sandal at a time. 🤣 😎  

Edited by Moondogy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

And just how different do we Floridians dress???  I put my shorts on one leg at a time, and sandals one sandal at a time. 🤣 😎  

Hopefully you wear the same cutoffs and NO makeup, minimalistic purse, no jewelry 

Edited by Ombud

6 minutes ago, Moondogy said:

Yeah....no makeup, or purse here 🤣

Then I'm stumped. Why would the port person think I couldn't afford whatever I want? It was the only time I had to repeatedly state my medallion was correct & still I was sent to general check in line and it was really long

Edited by Ombud